SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. HTTYD: The Hidden World
    2. The Lego Movie 2
   3. Aquaman
  4. Spider-Man: Into Spider-Verse
 5. Bumblebee
6. Mary Poppins Returns
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Batman
        2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
       3. Apollo 13
      4. Edward Scissorhands
     5. How to Train Your Dragon
    6. Jurassic World: Kingdom
   7. First Man
  8. Solo: A Star Wars Story
 9. Justice League
10. Ready Player One
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (John Williams)
What is WRONG with you people???!!!

Jeff
(24-197-209-134.roc.mn.charter.com)
Profile Picture

  Responses to this Comment:
bull
Ashi-taka469
Dan Sartori
What is WRONG with you people???!!!   Wednesday, August 7, 2002 (11:53 p.m.) 

This message is for all the weirdos who think John Williams is ripping himself off in AOTC/Hook/Harry Potter/Schindler's List etc... I've lost track of all the different stories, so let's just set one thing straight:

NO TWO OF THESE SOUNDTRACKS HAS ANYTHING REMOTELY IN COMMON WITH THE OTHER!!!

The differences are so colossal it’s hard for me to imagine that you dimwits have ears at all! The melodies, intervals, orchestrations, tones, colors, are all vastly different from score to score. Trust me, I know a thing or two about writing music. The only thing all these scores have in common is that they’ve been written by the same guy!

If you think the similarities go any farther than this then you might want to check your disks for holes and maybe take them in to get them replaced because you’ve got some really @#$%ed up CD’s.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


bull
<Send E-Mail>
(218.63.89.116)

  In Response to:
Jeff

  Responses to this Comment:
Chris
Re: What is WRONG with you people???!!!   Monday, August 19, 2002 (8:22 p.m.) 

Don't you think you are so foolish man?
Just like a stupide pig.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Chris
<Send E-Mail>
(sdn-ap-008masprip0491.dialsprint.
net)

  In Response to:
bull

  Responses to this Comment:
Maria
Re: What is WRONG with you people???!!!   Wednesday, August 21, 2002 (10:58 a.m.) 

bull, is that all u can say or are your just full of your self.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Maria
(pcp161808pcs.mtlrel01.nj.comcast.
net)

  In Response to:
Chris

  Responses to this Comment:
Chris
Re: What is WRONG with you people???!!!   Wednesday, August 28, 2002 (7:24 a.m.) 

actually...there is a certain melodic train which is quite similar in each score. I have played each on the piano a few times and will try to purchase the sheet music. Many times you hear this with artists. Its not bad...I dont think. I am a bit experienced in music too having taken voice lessons and music theory etc. for about 5 years now. I completely agree with Ashi...there was absolutely NO reason to blow up as you did...

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Chris
<Send E-Mail>
(sdn-ap-009masprip0300.dialsprint.
net)

  In Response to:
Maria
Re: What is WRONG with you people???!!!   Tuesday, September 3, 2002 (1:20 p.m.) 

I'm not sure if you were talking to me but i did not "blow up".
But if you weren't nm then.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Ashi-taka469
<Send E-Mail>
(wcfls-238.wcfls.lib.wi.us)

  In Response to:
Jeff
Cool down time   Saturday, August 24, 2002 (10:10 a.m.) 

Whoa there!!! No need to blow up on anyone. It just makes your argument less effective. Calm down, and then post your comment. If you do that you may find you can develop more effective and clear arguments then just "it is because I say so.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Dan Sartori
<Send E-Mail>
(p-proxy-5-int0.net.wisc.edu)

  In Response to:
Jeff

  Responses to this Comment:
tufrtd
Re: What is WRONG with you people???!!!   Thursday, August 29, 2002 (10:05 p.m.) 

> This message is for all the weirdos who think John Williams is ripping
> himself off in AOTC/Hook/Harry Potter/Schindler's List etc... I've lost
> track of all the different stories, so let's just set one thing straight:

> NO TWO OF THESE SOUNDTRACKS HAS ANYTHING REMOTELY IN COMMON WITH THE
> OTHER!!!

> The differences are so colossal it’s hard for me to imagine that you
> dimwits have ears at all! The melodies, intervals, orchestrations, tones,
> colors, are all vastly different from score to score. Trust me, I know a
> thing or two about writing music. The only thing all these scores have in
> common is that they’ve been written by the same guy!

> If you think the similarities go any farther than this then you might want
> to check your disks for holes and maybe take them in to get them replaced
> because you’ve got some really @#$%ed up CD’s.

"Trust me, I know a thing or two about writing music."

I love that line. It's not supported by anything, we're simply required to believe that Jeff knows a thing or two about writing music. I'm a music major, and I can tell you that Williams DOES reuse things often. Harry Potter, for instance, sounds far too much like Jurassic Park with elements of Schindler's List for my taste. The judge of a score, however, should not be how original it is necessarily, but how well it works in the film and how much it moves people.

Dan


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


tufrtd
(cache-s2.sa-remote.bigpond.net.au)

  In Response to:
Dan Sartori
Re: What is WRONG with you people???!!!   Friday, November 15, 2002 (4:30 p.m.) 

> "Trust me, I know a thing or two about writing music."

> I love that line. It's not supported by anything, we're simply required to
> believe that Jeff knows a thing or two about writing music. I'm a music
> major, and I can tell you that Williams DOES reuse things often. Harry
> Potter, for instance, sounds far too much like Jurassic Park with elements
> of Schindler's List for my taste. The judge of a score, however, should
> not be how original it is necessarily, but how well it works in the film
> and how much it moves people.

> Dan

i agree


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2019, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.