SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Venom
    2. House With a Clock/Walls
   3. The Nun
  4. Crazy Rich Asians
 5. The Meg
6. Christopher Robin
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Edward Scissorhands
        2. Jurassic World: Kingdom
       3. Batman
      4. The Predator
     5. Gladiator
    6. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
   7. Solo: A Star Wars Story
  8. Apollo 13
 9. Ant-Man and the Wasp
10. The Equalizer 2
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (John Williams)
Attack Of Clones Stinks

SeaCutthroat
<Send E-Mail>
(ehc-68-242.ehc.edu)


  Responses to this Comment:
asdf
G.K.
Chris N.
Attack Of Clones Stinks   Sunday, April 3, 2005 (9:40 a.m.) 

I am a huge fan of the star wars saga and their scores, at least of the originals. The new movies can burn in Hades for all I care. They portray nothing of the original charm, wit, and excitment of Episodes 4 5 and 6. The music suffers the same fate. Episode II is one of the worst movies ever made and the score is not much better. Now, I will admit the Williams at least offered some nice renditions of the "imperial march" and "may the force be with you." The only new song I enjoyed was "Across the stars." It would have been fitting if the the love story was actually believable. Overall, most of the score is a cachoponhy of dull, underdevloped sounds that fails to form any exciting or catchy theme or motif. Bring back the original themes because this new crud doesn't sound anything like Star Wars. I am disapointed that Filmtracks gave this craptastic film score a high review. But since filmtracks gave Cutthroat Island a high review, I can forgive them. Now that is music.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


asdf
(70-58-99-38.slkc.qwest.net)

  In Response to:
SeaCutthroat

  Responses to this Comment:
SolarisLem
Re: Attack Of Clones Stinks   Friday, June 10, 2005 (10:51 p.m.) 

> I am a huge fan of the star wars saga and their scores, at least of the
> originals. The new movies can burn in Hades for all I care. They portray
> nothing of the original charm, wit, and excitment of Episodes 4 5 and 6.
> The music suffers the same fate. Episode II is one of the worst movies
> ever made and the score is not much better. Now, I will admit the Williams
> at least offered some nice renditions of the "imperial march"
> and "may the force be with you." The only new song I enjoyed was
> "Across the stars." It would have been fitting if the the love
> story was actually believable. Overall, most of the score is a cachoponhy
> of dull, underdevloped sounds that fails to form any exciting or catchy
> theme or motif. Bring back the original themes because this new crud
> doesn't sound anything like Star Wars. I am disapointed that Filmtracks
> gave this craptastic film score a high review. But since filmtracks gave
> Cutthroat Island a high review, I can forgive them. Now that is music.

Ah go to hell man


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


SolarisLem
(p548cfb36.dip.t-dialin.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
asdf

  Responses to this Comment:
Chipster92
Ivan orozco
Re: Attack Of Clones Stinks   Wednesday, July 11, 2007 (3:29 p.m.) 

> Ah go to hell man

He's right... partly at least. Its a solid score in itself, and a decent effort from Williams. BUT compared to the three original scores, this is no worthy Star Wars-Soundtrack. Williams made a very good score for Episode I (one of the few bright spots in this disappointing movie) which structure was not different from the original scores: He revisited some of the old themes while inventing new ones for the Sith, the Trade Federation and for Anakin. 'Attack of the clones' fails to incoporate most themes (old or new) into the new material. 'Duel of the Fates' and the Federation-theme were only heard once for example. While there is a beautiful love theme and some interestingly dark underscore and action material it leaves me out in the cold most of the time. The best part of the score are Tracks 12 and 13... 20 Minutes of great Orchestral Music.
The most unforgivable aspect of the music heard in the film is the fact that Williams re-used Minutes and Minutes of the Score from Episode I for the final battle sequence. 'The Arena' heard on the CD was also not used.
Why didn't he wrote any new material for this scene? Whyyyy?

This fact alone makes Ep.II the worst entry into the Star Wars-Saga in Terms of Music.

Music as heard on CD: *** (some tracks deserve a ****-Rating though)
Music as heard in the Film: **


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Chipster92
(c-71-227-143-80.hsd1.wa.comcast.n
et)

  In Response to:
SolarisLem

  Responses to this Comment:
SolarisLem
Re: Attack Of Clones Stinks   Saturday, July 14, 2007 (9:05 a.m.) 

> He's right... partly at least. Its a solid score in itself, and a decent
> effort from Williams. BUT compared to the three original scores, this is
> no worthy Star Wars-Soundtrack. Williams made a very good score for
> Episode I (one of the few bright spots in this disappointing movie) which
> structure was not different from the original scores: He revisited some of
> the old themes while inventing new ones for the Sith, the Trade Federation
> and for Anakin. 'Attack of the clones' fails to incoporate most themes
> (old or new) into the new material. 'Duel of the Fates' and the
> Federation-theme were only heard once for example. While there is a
> beautiful love theme and some interestingly dark underscore and action
> material it leaves me out in the cold most of the time. The best part of
> the score are Tracks 12 and 13... 20 Minutes of great Orchestral Music.
> The most unforgivable aspect of the music heard in the film is the fact
> that Williams re-used Minutes and Minutes of the Score from Episode I for
> the final battle sequence. 'The Arena' heard on the CD was also not used.
> Why didn't he wrote any new material for this scene? Whyyyy?

> This fact alone makes Ep.II the worst entry into the Star Wars-Saga in
> Terms of Music.

> Music as heard on CD: *** (some tracks deserve a ****-Rating though)
> Music as heard in the Film: **

Don't blame Williams for the reuse of Episode I music. Blame George Lucas. If you remember back in 2002, Williams had a busy year. He was scoring three movies. Towards the end of the Episode II sessions, he had to leave off of that film and go straight to doing "Minority Report". Lucas was still having editing problems with the Final sequence in Episode II, so that left most of that entire sequence unscored. I bet Williams had planned to score that sequence, but because of his tight scheduele, he wasn't able to. Since Williams had already left to do "Minority Report", The only choice Lucas had was to use tracked-in music from Episode I. I was hoping for the DVD release that they would bring Williams back to rescore the final battle sequence, but alas, no such luck. Strangely enough, this was the same reason why Episode III had a lot of tracked-in music from Episodes I and II: Williams had another busy scheduele. In 2005, he was scoring FOUR movies!

(Message edited on Saturday, July 14, 2007, at 9:15 a.m.)


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


SolarisLem
(p548ced14.dip.t-dialin.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Chipster92

  Responses to this Comment:
Ivan orozco
Re: Attack Of Clones Stinks   Sunday, July 22, 2007 (8:17 a.m.) 

> Don't blame Williams for the reuse of Episode I music. Blame George Lucas.
> If you remember back in 2002, Williams had a busy year. He was scoring
> three movies. Towards the end of the Episode II sessions, he had to leave
> off of that film and go straight to doing "Minority Report".
> Lucas was still having editing problems with the Final sequence in Episode
> II, so that left most of that entire sequence unscored. I bet Williams had
> planned to score that sequence, but because of his tight scheduele, he
> wasn't able to. Since Williams had already left to do "Minority
> Report", The only choice Lucas had was to use tracked-in music from
> Episode I. I was hoping for the DVD release that they would bring Williams
> back to rescore the final battle sequence, but alas, no such luck.
> Strangely enough, this was the same reason why Episode III had a lot of
> tracked-in music from Episodes I and II: Williams had another busy
> scheduele. In 2005, he was scoring FOUR movies!

Well, I hope he will return to re-score Ep.II and III and to record Ultimate Editions of these Scores some time in the future...


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Ivan orozco
<Send E-Mail>
(c-76-108-168-241.hsd1.fl.comcast.
net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
SolarisLem
Re: Attack Of Clones Stinks   Tuesday, July 24, 2007 (1:13 p.m.) 

> Well, I hope he will return to re-score Ep.II and III and to record
> Ultimate Editions of these Scores some time in the future...

i doubt that will happen


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Ivan orozco
<Send E-Mail>
(c-76-108-168-241.hsd1.fl.comcast.
net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
SolarisLem
Re: Attack Of Clones Stinks   Tuesday, July 24, 2007 (1:02 p.m.) 

> He's right... partly at least. Its a solid score in itself, and a decent
> effort from Williams. BUT compared to the three original scores, this is
> no worthy Star Wars-Soundtrack. Williams made a very good score for
> Episode I (one of the few bright spots in this disappointing movie) which
> structure was not different from the original scores: He revisited some of
> the old themes while inventing new ones for the Sith, the Trade Federation
> and for Anakin. 'Attack of the clones' fails to incoporate most themes
> (old or new) into the new material. 'Duel of the Fates' and the
> Federation-theme were only heard once for example. While there is a
> beautiful love theme and some interestingly dark underscore and action
> material it leaves me out in the cold most of the time. The best part of
> the score are Tracks 12 and 13... 20 Minutes of great Orchestral Music.
> The most unforgivable aspect of the music heard in the film is the fact
> that Williams re-used Minutes and Minutes of the Score from Episode I for
> the final battle sequence. 'The Arena' heard on the CD was also not used.
> Why didn't he wrote any new material for this scene? Whyyyy?

> This fact alone makes Ep.II the worst entry into the Star Wars-Saga in
> Terms of Music.

> Music as heard on CD: *** (some tracks deserve a ****-Rating though)
> Music as heard in the Film: **

shut the hell up episode II is not a bad score



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


G.K.
(p5494deb5.dip.t-dialin.net)

  In Response to:
SeaCutthroat
He's right, you know!   Tuesday, August 9, 2005 (9:30 a.m.) 

> I am a huge fan of the star wars saga and their scores, at least of the
> originals. The new movies can burn in Hades for all I care. They portray
> nothing of the original charm, wit, and excitment of Episodes 4 5 and 6.
> The music suffers the same fate. Episode II is one of the worst movies
> ever made and the score is not much better. Now, I will admit the Williams
> at least offered some nice renditions of the "imperial march"
> and "may the force be with you." The only new song I enjoyed was
> "Across the stars." It would have been fitting if the the love
> story was actually believable. Overall, most of the score is a cachoponhy
> of dull, underdevloped sounds that fails to form any exciting or catchy
> theme or motif. Bring back the original themes because this new crud
> doesn't sound anything like Star Wars. I am disapointed that Filmtracks
> gave this craptastic film score a high review. But since filmtracks gave
> Cutthroat Island a high review, I can forgive them. Now that is music.

Agreed. Completely. Episode II must be one of the worst Williams scores there are.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Chris N.
<Send E-Mail>
(adsl-99-35-227-218.dsl.pltn13.sbc
global.net)

  In Response to:
SeaCutthroat
Re: Attack Of Clones Stinks   Tuesday, May 4, 2010 (11:23 p.m.) 

> I am a huge fan of the star wars saga and their scores, at least of the
> originals. The new movies can burn in Hades for all I care. They portray
> nothing of the original charm, wit, and excitment of Episodes 4 5 and 6.
> The music suffers the same fate. Episode II is one of the worst movies
> ever made and the score is not much better. Now, I will admit the Williams
> at least offered some nice renditions of the "imperial march"
> and "may the force be with you." The only new song I enjoyed was
> "Across the stars." It would have been fitting if the the love
> story was actually believable. Overall, most of the score is a cachoponhy
> of dull, underdevloped sounds that fails to form any exciting or catchy
> theme or motif. Bring back the original themes because this new crud
> doesn't sound anything like Star Wars. I am disapointed that Filmtracks
> gave this craptastic film score a high review. But since filmtracks gave
> Cutthroat Island a high review, I can forgive them. Now that is music.
Your post stinks.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.