SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Incredibles 2
    2. Solo: A Star Wars Story
   3. Deadpool 2
  4. Avengers: Infinity War
 5. A Quiet Place
6. Ready Player One
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
        2. Gladiator
       3. Blade Runner 2049
      4. Batman
     5. Thor: Ragnarok
    6. The Avengers
   7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Avatar
 9. Dunkirk
10. Phantom Thread
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Back to the Future (Alan Silvestri)
Holy crap, it's awesome!

Richard Kleiner
<Send E-Mail>
(dsl-187-144-81-211-dyn.prod-infin
itum.com.mx)
Profile Picture

  Responses to this Comment:
Pudgy1981
Holy crap, it's awesome!   Saturday, January 1, 2011 (10:48 p.m.) 

But I already knew that.

What else to say, other than it's still available right now and it's worth the $30 and the waiting. Perhaps I would have enjoyed a track by track analysis on the liner notes, but that's because I haven't seen the movie in a while. The notes are fantastic as they are.

Also, the second CD is not essential, but it's a welcome addition.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Pudgy1981
(184.167.144.190)

  In Response to:
Richard Kleiner

  Responses to this Comment:
Richard Kleiner
Re: Holy crap, it's awesome!   Sunday, August 28, 2011 (11:41 a.m.) 

How could you say that the 2nd disc is non essential? It's actually essential because most of us didn't know an early alternate version of the score had been recorded. It also seems too that the cues for BTTF from the John Debney Varèse re-recording were for the most part based off the early version of the score.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Richard Kleiner
<Send E-Mail>
(187.194.78.21)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Pudgy1981
Re: Holy crap, it's awesome!   Sunday, August 28, 2011 (5:37 p.m.) 

> How could you say that the 2nd disc is non essential? It's actually
> essential because most of us didn't know an early alternate version of the
> score had been recorded. It also seems too that the cues for BTTF from the
> John Debney Varèse re-recording were for the most part based off the early
> version of the score.

The differences are subtle, and the overall experience is a little more dark and not as enjoyable as the finished product.

But I'm not saying you're best left without the second CD. I'm just saying that the first is the one you can play over and over, while the second one is for casual appreciation.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.