1. Captain Marvel
  4. Aquaman
 5. Spider-Man: Into Spider-Verse
6. Bumblebee
     5. How to Train Your Dragon
   7. First Man
 9. Justice League
Comments about the soundtrack for Brokeback Mountain (Gustavo Santaolalla)
Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!

(222.232.104.215)

shaantvis
Don Hite
Raymond
Paco
I Am Me
Bowie
Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Monday, February 13, 2006 (8:01 a.m.)

If Gustavo Santaolalla wrote the music for this terrible film before even seeing it, then he is as guilty as anyone who has committed SODOMY, for he must have written his music to represent HOMOSEXUALITY while trying to actively imagine the FORBIDDEN ACT.

Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

Oct
(4.18.224.162)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Monday, February 13, 2006 (4:27 p.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

you are just jealous that you cant be gay

A.B.C.
(blk-224-184-10.eastlink.ca)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Saturday, February 25, 2006 (6:54 p.m.)

A few comments.

1) I remind you of the rule posted on the bottom of every "post response" page:

" Filmtracks retains the right to DELETE
any discussion that is not related
to the SOUNDTRACK (and we will!)"

2) Keep stuff like that to yourself. There are homosexuals out there and any one of them would be offended by what you said.

3) Your comment was a complete crapshoot. I didn't understand it.

4) If there is a God, I don't think he'll send Mr. Santaolalla to hell for writing the music for a film about two fictional homosexuals.

5) "Love thy neighbor"...

DrStrangeLove
(neurobio5.cis.pitt.edu)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Wednesday, March 8, 2006 (1:11 p.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

Is this a joke? What does this have anything to do with the score for the movie? Had you seen the movie, which I suspect you didn't, you would realize that that the inherent message of the movie is that those who love will always be attacked by those who hate and mask their hatred behind the cloak of righteousness. Jesus would be ashamed of you. As for the score itself, I found it simple yet effective. In particular, the track Brokeback Mountain 3 which occurs right after the now famous "I wish I could quit you" line is beautiful and emotionally devastating. You believe whatever you choose to believe. Me, I'll side with love.

Anonymous
(63-231-39-116.tukw.qwest.net)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Thursday, March 9, 2006 (10:04 p.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

I CANT BELIEVE THIS WON AN ACADEMY AWARD!!!!!! What a joke. Being an opened minded person, i don't think that you are even the slightest bit humane or sane with your remarks. I'm sorry that you are so uneducated that you have to take things like the bible literally. You're a joke, and shouldn't be considered a human being. Obviously Gustavo Santaolalla wrote the music because he was contracted to, not because you think he's different than you. I'm sorry, but you are a FREAK!!!! Now you can get mad at your computer, take in the pain, accept it, and proceed with life. Perhaps your remarks are merely an attempt to mask your homosexual desires, what a joke! You're a very funny person. For your closed minded misinterperetation of the bible and the word of god, may YOU burn in hell forever.

Robert E.
(adsl-067-035-114-062.sip.bct.bell
south.net)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Sunday, March 12, 2006 (10:08 a.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

If you saw the movie, you would know that the sex scenes don't really show the sex, they certainly allude to it and that's what the director wanted, but do we really know if he's sodomizing him or are they just employing frottage?

Please bear in mind that in most movies you don't see the actual sex act (or the insertion) so whatever you are reacting to is IN YOUR MIND. It was YOUR fantasy. Directors absolutely do make strong cues to suggest sex with the camera, the lights, the music but in almost all movies with less than an X rating, what is actually happening is ultimately left to the VIEWERS IMAGINATION. Think about it a moment.

I know I am over-simplifying this but it's the way I *see* it.

Now, in MY FANTASY that I played in my head during Brokeback Mountain, they really are having sex, the whole sodomized enchilada without condoms, lube, or even spit as I recall...

anonymous
(wnpgmb01dc2-32-173.dynamic.mts.ne
t)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Sunday, March 12, 2006 (11:22 a.m.)

what the futhe movie was amazing and so was the music, so fu

Jack
(204.101.196.18)
Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Wednesday, March 15, 2006 (11:45 a.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

You simply don't know wat you are talking about. Where do yo see in a Christian Bible that's it is written that homosexuality is a sin. I'm sorry, English is not my mother language so, i can't find all correct words to describe your way of mind that's goes against Jesus Christ words " Love you one to ones like I'd love you ". (It's my personnal french translation from "Aimez vous les uns les autres comme je vous ai aimé" as litterally printed in my french language Bible).

Make Love Not War.

Have good time on this earth. God Bless You

Jack

yavin4
(orcon-116.aut.ac.nz)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Wednesday, March 15, 2006 (6:14 p.m.)

===========
It amazes me people like you ('Glenna') who hold such views are still around today - I say good on the respondents who voiced their disdane at such nonsensical rantings but this person is too far gone to even comprehend love in all its forms, whether physical, emotional or spiritual.

As a gay man I feel the biggest compliment is to be represented as human AND THAT is what Brokeback has done, disseminated stereotypes and given us heart - a feature rarely utilised in the 'Hollywood formula'. Sure the media lauded it as a 'gay cowboy romance' but in the end this story is about unrequited love that many of us, maybe even you 'Glenna' have experienced sometimes in our lives. Being in love or having affection for someone but not able to share it or experience it with that person due to race, society, class, sex OR religion for that matter.

Brokeback shows we all hurt - even us "sodomites", we all can feel and we all long to be loved - but life doesn't always deal the cards we want.

Whether 'Glenna' ever really grasps this concept or not, I am, in my belief, relieved to know that she/he is a fast disappearing minority.

I'm not a religous man but when Hell's fury cometh it won't be us who's cooking.

Marc
Auckland, New Zealand

Somebody
(firenat.roehampton.ac.uk)

Cameron 9182
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Friday, March 17, 2006 (5:05 a.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

You're a wally, pal. This music doesn't represent homosexuality - it represents love. Do you think Santaolalla sat there for hours trying to discover what it "feels like" to be gay before he scored this film?

Everybody is fully entitled to their opinions regarding homosexuality, and the validity thereof -- naturally it is your perogative if you think it is wrong... It's called difference of opinion.

Telling people they'll roast in hell because they don't think what YOU think is nothing short of lunacy.

The gentleman who quipped that it wouldn't be him on the barbeque was quite right. Doesn't the bible say something about judgement, somewhere? Have a look at Matthew 7:1-5, you hypocrite!

Danny

Cameron 9182
(tamax7-160.dialup.optusnet.com.au)

Somebody
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Friday, March 17, 2006 (8:24 a.m.)

I cant say how both angry I am and happy at the same time.:) :/

I am so very impressed with the replies that are against the man who started this thread. And I love this: 'Go tie yourself to a tree, douse yourself with kerosene, stand on your bible and light a match. If you don't burn then God loves you.' I thank who it is that put it there. Though it dosen't honestly suprise me. i bet more than half of the replies were posted by homosexuals and therefore all these negative replies were my expectation. And this man who says 'homosexuality is a sin', well let's just say that if you were next to or near me that I would truly reach for your neck and attempt to strangle you. HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE YOU ANY IDEA OF THE SUFFERING YOU AND YOU'RE PEOPLE INFLICT!! I am a person who sticks up for my beliefs as many are, but I'm careful enough to elaborate my thoughts before expressing them unlike you. I would love to see this movie yet I am bounded by my fear of unveiling my homosexuality. I started a forum on a website and 100% of the people who voted in my poll said that Christianity is partially the reason for Homosexual hatred (and by partially I should assume 75%. So if it weren't for you and you're inane beliefs I'd be able to appreciate this movie with much more ease and live life alot more happily. THANKS FOR RUINING SO MANY PEOPLES LIVES!! And I strongly suggest that you reply to everything said in this thread, if you don't you are a pure COWARD!!

Matt
(209-165-11.214.lightspeed.net)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Sunday, March 19, 2006 (11:05 a.m.)

Dear Stupid, Ignorant A$$HOLE,

Since you are such an authority on what defines sin, I’m assuming you are referring to the text of the King James Bible.

With that said, I also hope that since you are a strict, rigid follower of said “Bible,” that you also:

1. Do not eat any kind of shell fish because it is an abomination which is just as “sinful” as sodomy.
2. Do not work on the Sabbath (which is a Saturday, NOT a Sunday) and that you KILL anyone you know who does.
3. Allow yourself or your daughters to be sold into slavery.
4. Never, EVER, touch a woman who is on her period because before you hug or shake a woman’s hand, you ask her, “Are you on your period?”
5. Never, EVER, touch a man who has ejaculated and not taken a shower before you hug or shake his hand because you ask him, “Have you had a shower since you last ejaculated?”
6. Have perfect vision because you are not allowed to “approach the altar of God” if you have a defect in your vision.
7. Report and have killed any man that trims the hair around his temples.
8. Never touched a football or anything else made of pigskin.
9. Never wear clothing made from two different fibers.
10. Stone to death your relatives that have committed adultery the next time you have a family get together.

There are many more but I’m sure by now you are getting the point? Go preach love!!

shaantvis
(tmcb-u110-3n10e-ce1.byu.edu)

Glenna Pritchard
-Wow! Can we say religious Zealot?   Monday, March 20, 2006 (5:08 p.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

Wow! did you even see the film? it doesnt sound like you have. I did and i thought it was a great film. I dont believe this movie represented homosexuality. Sure the two main characters were homosexual, but it was more of a character study than anything else. You see the effects of the difficult situations the two are put in. And honestly who are you to judge? why dont you let others who are more qualified and worthy to put forth judgment on other people. And as for the score it worked beautifully in the film. It slowly builds along with the emotional catharsis that occurs. Gustavo Santaolalla really did a great job of finding a soundscape that would perfectly match the emotion. It was very appropriate and i wouldnt know what else would have worked for this groundbreaking film.

Don Hite
(69-164-54-11.atlaga.adelphia.net)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Sunday, March 26, 2006 (9:19 a.m.)

Judge NOT lest ye be judged. Darling, WE teach your children, WE run your churches, WE create your silly soap operas that you talk to your friends about when you go to Wal-mart.
Wear your Jacklyn Smith Collection honey...and send your money in to the PTL Club.

Your comments are sooooo Christ-like.

Raymond
(206.206.84.153)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Thursday, March 30, 2006 (6:25 a.m.)

Hello Glenna,
First of all, did you know that your first name "Glenna" is the feminine form of a male name "Glenn"? (...."must be something inside" from Adam Ant)
Secondly, I assume that you are a Christian although you did not self-identify as one in your rant. If you are a Christian and if you believe that GOD will judge all sinners, then why don't you just relax and let GOD do His job? Surely your faith should bring you some level of peace and acceptance and forgiveness to your life and this world and to other sinners such as yourself? Is it that you want to be an AGENT of God and perform judgements yourself? Do you covet the position of Supreme Judge? Please relax and allow peace to flow from your faith.
As for the soundtrack to Brokeback Mountain, I loved it. The musical soundscapes were as beautiful as the movie's scenematic location in Canada. It was wonderful.

Paco
(239.red-83-37-16.dynamicip.rima-t
de.net)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Thursday, March 30, 2006 (11:54 a.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

A veces creo que estáis locos, con vuestros jodidos dioses con pies de barro, vuestra moral represiva y vuestro discurso medieval. No eres más que un pobre charlatán ignorante.

Sometimes I think you are fool, talking about your fuc... gods with mud feet, your repressive moral and your medieval speech. You are only an unlerned and prattling man.

Paco from Spain, Paco desde España.

I Am Me
(68-187-105-132.dhcp.eucl.wi.chart
er.com)

Glenna Pritchard
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Monday, April 10, 2006 (10:12 a.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

It's people like you that give religion a bad name. I'm gay...get over it. I loved this movie AND soundtrack. I hope you choke on your ignorant words, jackass.

Bowie
(bri-nxg-pr1.tpgi.com.au)

Dennie
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Monday, May 22, 2006 (10:07 p.m.)

> Santaolalla will suffer the pits of ETERNAL FIRE for his misjudgement!

Just thought I should list these 7 things that people like you need to be aware of, so that people afraid of homosexuality or "imprisoned" by it can feel better about themselves, feel human (Just do some Google or Wikipedia research to confirm these ideas without any doubt):

a) The Bible refers to homosexuality about EIGHT times (whereas it refers to other sins like adultery and murder HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of times each)

b) All the verses in Leviticus (which DO explicitly CONDEMN homosexuality) are no longer meaningful. They were put in place by God via Moses to encourage procreation. Once the lands were significantly abundant in human life, God (in the form of Jesus) came onto the Earth to preach a NEW MORAL CODE...:

c) "Love the Lord your God with all your heart" and "Love your neighbour as you love yourself." Jesus explicitly says how all other holy laws are just based on these two primary laws. Also tellingly, Jesus never forbade homosexuality; although, he did say a woman would be a perfect companion for man, but with EXCEPTIONS (unichs etc), however clearly Jesus stressed the monogamous aspect of marriage (thus the continuous admonishment of adultery throughout the New Testament) as opposed to who was in it.

d) Sodomy is not homosexuality. Sodomy is greed, sexual aggression, excessive pride... in fact Jesus lists the sins of Sodom to Gamorrah in the Bible, and homosexuality is not a sin he mentions.

e) Of course heterosexuality is NORMAL and NATURAL. And of course homosexuality is not NORMAL (in the sense that the majority practices it) but neither are albinos or people with Downs' Syndrome or autistic people or the French. But that doesn't make any of those things UNNATURAL. They occur naturally without scientific provocation. Straight people get freaked out by gay sex because it makes them feel uncomfortable. Similarly, gay people feel uncomfortable with straight sex. You would laugh if gay people tried to ban or censure sex between heterosexuals.

f) Homosexuality being a sin just doesn't make any sense. I've had many conversations with Christians who end up agreeing that there's nothing really wrong with it, but they tag onto the end of that "Well the Bible says it's wrong, so I have to believe it's wrong too" and leave before I get the chance to explain how the Bible has been misinterpreted to discourage a sexual practice that freaks out the majority of people. It doesn't make sense because:
(1) The population of the planet is now ridiculously excessive; it makes more sense that homosexuality is good because it has the potential to cap the world's population, rather than homosexuality being bad because it's preventing us to some extent from overharvesting and destroying the Earth.
(2) Homosexuals can love each other. It just doesn't make sense that this is a bad thing. Who is it hurting? Think about it.
(3) Heterosexuals have produced millions and millions of gay children -- an argument that a homosexual couple would turn children gay is hypocritical... and unproven because they're not even given the equal right to try.
(4) If homosexuals should be prevented from marrying because the Bible says so, then relaxed laws about slavery and other ridiculous practices and beliefs from 2000 years ago should be reinstated.
(5) If homosexuals should be prevented from marrying because they can't procreate, then so should old people, and infertile couples, and laws should be in place demanding sex occur between heterosexual couples.
(6) If homosexuals should be prevented from marrying because it feels icky to you, go back to the 1850s when black people marrying white people (or black people doing ANYTHING!) felt icky. You'd feel right at home.

g) I didn't really like the Brokeback Mountain score, but I don't think Gustavo is going to Hell. In fact, most Christians would think that idea is nuts. Because ALL sinners are given a chance to enter the pearly gates. Even you, for presuming to know God's plan for us and acting excessively righteous and proud. Actually the true Sodomites (for your excessive pride you could be considered a Sodomite) were cast to Hell almost without mercy or hesitation. I'd watch your words if I were you.

Dennie
(c-67-188-21-224.hsd1.ca.comcast.n
et)

Bowie
Re: Homosexuality AND its music are BOTH SINS!   Monday, June 12, 2006 (11:01 p.m.)

First of all, the guys WERE NOT GAY!!!!! They simply had one of these unusual attractions to each other that often happens to both male and female - and throughout the film all they talk about is the fact that they aren't gay, the one guy had a family and deeply loved his wife, the other guy was basically a womanizer............... I thought the score and movie were awesome.............. and I truly wish these religious fanatics would get off their damned high horses, get a life, and concentrate on loving one another as well as themselves (which, by the way, Jesus preached throughout his life....... he had no time in his life for discriminating......... he was too busy preaching love to everyone) in fact, the places where the bible mentions homosexuality, neither God (and by the way, WHO KNOWS WHAT GOD SAYS OR THINKS!!!??? --- NOONE!!!!!) nor Jesus ever is doing the talking......... mankind in general talks about it......... making up their own rules!!!!!!!!

Just thought I should list these 7 things that people like you need to be
> aware of, so that people afraid of homosexuality or "imprisoned"
> by it can feel better about themselves, feel human (Just do some Google or
> Wikipedia research to confirm these ideas without any doubt):

> a) The Bible refers to homosexuality about EIGHT times (whereas it
> refers to other sins like adultery and murder HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of
> times each)

> b) All the verses in Leviticus (which DO explicitly CONDEMN homosexuality)
> are no longer meaningful. They were put in place by God via Moses to
> encourage procreation. Once the lands were significantly abundant in human
> life, God (in the form of Jesus) came onto the Earth to preach a NEW MORAL
> CODE...:

> c) "Love the Lord your God with all your heart" and "Love
> your neighbour as you love yourself." Jesus explicitly says how all
> other holy laws are just based on these two primary laws. Also tellingly,
> Jesus never forbade homosexuality; although, he did say a woman would be a
> perfect companion for man, but with EXCEPTIONS (unichs etc), however
> clearly Jesus stressed the monogamous aspect of marriage (thus the
> continuous admonishment of adultery throughout the New Testament) as
> opposed to who was in it.

> d) Sodomy is not homosexuality. Sodomy is greed, sexual aggression,
> excessive pride... in fact Jesus lists the sins of Sodom to Gamorrah in
> the Bible, and homosexuality is not a sin he mentions.

> e) Of course heterosexuality is NORMAL and NATURAL. And of course
> homosexuality is not NORMAL (in the sense that the majority
> practices it) but neither are albinos or people with Downs' Syndrome or
> autistic people or the French. But that doesn't make any of those things
> UNNATURAL. They occur naturally without scientific provocation. Straight
> people get freaked out by gay sex because it makes them feel
> uncomfortable. Similarly, gay people feel uncomfortable with straight sex.
> You would laugh if gay people tried to ban or censure sex between
> heterosexuals.

> f) Homosexuality being a sin just doesn't make any sense. I've had many
> conversations with Christians who end up agreeing that there's nothing
> really wrong with it, but they tag onto the end of that "Well the
> Bible says it's wrong, so I have to believe it's wrong too" and leave
> before I get the chance to explain how the Bible has been misinterpreted
> to discourage a sexual practice that freaks out the majority of people. It
> doesn't make sense because:
(1) The population of the planet is now
> ridiculously excessive; it makes more sense that homosexuality is good
> because it has the potential to cap the world's population, rather than
> homosexuality being bad because it's preventing us to some extent
> from overharvesting and destroying the Earth.
(2) Homosexuals can love
> each other. It just doesn't make sense that this is a bad thing. Who is it
> hurting? Think about it.
(3) Heterosexuals have produced millions and
> millions of gay children -- an argument that a homosexual couple would
> turn children gay is hypocritical... and unproven because they're not even
> given the equal right to try.
(4) If homosexuals should be prevented
> from marrying because the Bible says so, then relaxed laws about slavery
> and other ridiculous practices and beliefs from 2000 years ago should be
> reinstated.
(5) If homosexuals should be prevented from marrying
> because they can't procreate, then so should old people, and infertile
> couples, and laws should be in place demanding sex occur between
> heterosexual couples.
(6) If homosexuals should be prevented from
> marrying because it feels icky to you, go back to the 1850s when black
> people marrying white people (or black people doing ANYTHING!) felt icky.
> You'd feel right at home.

> g) I didn't really like the Brokeback Mountain score, but I don't think
> Gustavo is going to Hell. In fact, most Christians would think that idea
> is nuts. Because ALL sinners are given a chance to enter the pearly gates.
> Even you, for presuming to know God's plan for us and acting excessively
> righteous and proud. Actually the true Sodomites (for your excessive pride
> you could be considered a Sodomite) were cast to Hell almost without mercy
> or hesitation. I'd watch your words if I were you.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.