SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Ant-Man and the Wasp
    2. Jurassic World: Kingdom
   3. Incredibles 2
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story
 5. Deadpool 2
6. Avengers: Infinity War
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
        2. Gladiator
       3. Blade Runner 2049
      4. Batman
     5. Thor: Ragnarok
    6. The Avengers
   7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Avatar
 9. Dunkirk
10. Phantom Thread
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for The Dark Knight (Hans Zimmer/James Newton Howard)
QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!

angry reader
(87-205-164-143.adsl.inetia.pl)


  Responses to this Comment:
Zimmer_Fan
Jim
QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Sunday, July 13, 2008 (11:23 a.m.) 

This site has become so pathetic its not even funny anymore. Leave the Zimmer reviews to other sites!!



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Zimmer_Fan
(cpe-76-95-125-201.socal.res.rr.co
m)

  In Response to:
angry reader

  Responses to this Comment:
Jeremy
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Sunday, July 13, 2008 (11:33 a.m.) 

> This site has become so pathetic its not even funny anymore. Leave the
> Zimmer reviews to other sites!!

Clemmensen has too much ego to resist attacking the great Hans Zimmer. But the laugh is actually on him, especially from Hans.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Jeremy
<Send E-Mail>
(cpe001731866dfd-cm00195edb09b0.cp
e.net.cable.rogers.com)

  In Response to:
Zimmer_Fan

  Responses to this Comment:
NL
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Sunday, July 13, 2008 (12:23 p.m.) 

> Clemmensen has too much ego to resist attacking the great Hans Zimmer. But
> the laugh is actually on him, especially from Hans.

I think Zimmer might be a bit sad to see his fans can't intelligently defend his work and only post insulting comments.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


NL
(cpe001111e92573-cm001868309c6c.cp
e.net.cable.rogers.com)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Jeremy

  Responses to this Comment:
CP
John
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Sunday, July 13, 2008 (6:45 p.m.) 

> I think Zimmer might be a bit sad to see his fans can't intelligently
> defend his work and only post insulting comments.

That's all Zimmer fanboys are capable of.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


CP
(0x50a101b5.odnxx7.dynamic.dsl.tel
e.dk)

  In Response to:
NL

  Responses to this Comment:
Mike
NL
Amuro
John C
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Monday, July 14, 2008 (6:24 a.m.) 

> That's all Zimmer fanboys are capable of.

True, because they can't defend it. I personally generally agree with Clemmenson, but then, I'm also a classically trained orchestrator - guess my standards are too high for most Remote Control crap.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Mike
(c-24-30-6-183.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)

  In Response to:
CP
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Monday, July 14, 2008 (10:32 a.m.) 

> True, because they can't defend it. I personally generally agree with
> Clemmenson, but then, I'm also a classically trained orchestrator - guess
> my standards are too high for most Remote Control crap.

lol!



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


NL
(cpe001111e92573-cm001868309c6c.cp
e.net.cable.rogers.com)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
CP
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Tuesday, July 15, 2008 (8:22 p.m.) 

> True, because they can't defend it. I personally generally agree with
> Clemmenson, but then, I'm also a classically trained orchestrator - guess
> my standards are too high for most Remote Control crap.

Damn right!

Quoted For Truth.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(98.220.188.161)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
CP
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Wednesday, July 23, 2008 (6:24 p.m.) 

> True, because they can't defend it. I personally generally agree with
> Clemmenson, but then, I'm also a classically trained orchestrator - guess
> my standards are too high for most Remote Control crap.

Fantastic!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


John C
(189.101.236.220)

  In Response to:
CP
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Wednesday, July 23, 2008 (8:23 p.m.) 
• Now Playing: Tha Dark Knight  

> True, because they can't defend it. I personally generally agree with
> Clemmenson, but then, I'm also a classically trained orchestrator - guess
> my standards are too high for most Remote Control crap.

Personally, I disagree with the review exposed. First of all, I would say an score must adapt what director and the film is trying to show people. The idea of a crazy man totally irritable and obscure is what is defined by such single note "theme", electronically modified and mixed and used to remind us its constant presence all over the film. An anti-element created to fight against the hero, as an illness to a cure.

Once again weve got typical (an interesting) music tunes from excelent Howard, reinforced by the evolution of a human character taken by chaotic percussion elements created by genious Zimmer. But on the other hand, we cannot forget the way this kind of new hero scores are created in 2000s, in a "little" bit different way that music for this kind of action characters was created in the past (Character motivs Vs. Situation motivs).

Congrats for Zimmer/Howard. A great evolved score in that electronic-action-style for a more complex sequel. Other kind of listeners, please refer to any other kind of compositions.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


John
<Send E-Mail>
(c-68-37-28-31.hsd1.de.comcast.net)

  In Response to:
NL

  Responses to this Comment:
NL
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Monday, July 14, 2008 (7:09 p.m.) 
• Now Playing: The Dark Knight  

> That's all Zimmer fanboys are capable of.

Aha ! What a wonderful point made by u ! just look at urself b4 making some statements!!!

Feel sorry for you...

John


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


NL
(cpe001111e92573-cm001868309c6c.cp
e.net.cable.rogers.com)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
John
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Tuesday, July 15, 2008 (8:19 p.m.) 

> Aha ! What a wonderful point made by u ! just look at urself b4 making
> some statements!!!

> Feel sorry for you...

> John

I don't give a damn what you think, fanboy. Take one look at the stupidity you Zimmer freaks are throwing at Clemmensen. Are those 'wonderful points' being made? No. Therefore, it's fun to throw a little right back at Zimmer fanboys because really, they're among the most pathetic on the internet and while it may be sinking down to their level, what do I care?

Feel sorry for yourself Zimmer freak.

(Message edited on Tuesday, July 15, 2008, at 8:21 p.m.)


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Jim
(74-36-161-14.dr01.crth.il.frontie
rnet.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
angry reader
Re: QUIT the Zimmer bashing, Filmtracks!   Monday, July 14, 2008 (9:08 p.m.) 

> This site has become so pathetic its not even funny anymore. Leave the
> Zimmer reviews to other sites

Dang People.. lets just stop acting like little kids... the point of this site is to review and enjoy music.. not to bash every opinion... There are fans of zimmer.. and then there are non fans... to each there own..

Although this site does seem to have a trend of bashing zimmer's music... I think what it really should do is not allow people to bash music at all.. music is what makes humans great...

THe reviews on this site should be non bias... and point out the true beauty of ALL music instead of bringing it down.

Just an opinion... think about it



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.