Support Filmtracks! Click here first:

2. City of Ember
   3. Jack the Giant Slayer
   4. Indiana Jones Collection
   5. King Kong Lives

Section Header

Return to Comments

Comments about: Edward Scissorhands (Danny Eflman)
Edward Scissorhands 2 ????

Annette
(cache-mtc-ad03.proxy.aol.com)

Daz
David Pattison
Keith P.
Ray Mad
corinne
johnnygal21
L.J.
Not a dumb fangirl
ed
Aaron
  Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Monday, August 9, 2004 (11:48 p.m.)

Hello-

I am a huge fan of Edward Scissorhands, it's one of my favorite movies. Johnny depp is my favorite actor. I was wondering if Tim Burton would ever agree to make an "Edward Scissorhands 2". I think it would be a brilliant idea!

In my mind I'm picturing that Kim's grandaughter grows up, and appears at edwards castle door. Only to find out the scissorhands story is true. He opens the door of course, and what he sees is this young lady with a close resemblance as Kim, her grandmother, Edward falls in love. Eventually by the end of the movie edward turns into a real man, with real hands, and can end with a happy ending.

I loved the movie's ending where he lives on, but I feel like there's something missing. It be interesting to see Johnny depp or another resembling and talented actor playing the role as edward in a part 2. Let me know what everyone thinks!!

~Annette~

Daz
(leic-cache-1.server.ntli.net)

Annette

JS Park
Raylene Madrid
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Friday, August 20, 2004 (11:27 a.m.)

the grandaughter could go up and see edward, maybe not falling in love with him, but reintroducing him to kim. my idea of a story would be that-although edward looks the same-he ages the same as humans on the inside and therefore is about the same age as kim. her and edward could get back together maybe with the complications of the neighbours children/grandchildren being prejudiced against edward because of what their grandparents/parents told them about him. but it could somehow workout-kevin is still younger than kim and could tell everyone how it was a big misunderstanding and how edward had actually saved him-not hurt him and kim could say how it was jim's fault. he could get the oppurtunity to get real hands but refuses and on christmas eve, with everyone there, he could create his last ice sculptures for all to see, the ice sculptures creating snow that kim dances in. when hes finished the first real snowfall in suburbia could occur so edward can dance with her. they die happily in eachothers arms-edward redeemed and forgiven and finally with the one he loves.

JS Park
(216-237-196-116-dslam1-hmc.northstate.net)

Daz

daz
bob
George
  no no no no NO   Monday, August 23, 2004 (9:08 p.m.)

I swear if they ever made a sequel, I would kill myself. That would be AWFUL. Stop this thread please, Christian...

daz
(leic-cache-1.server.ntli.net)

JS Park

Shawn
Kimbee
  well im not really sure   Tuesday, August 24, 2004 (7:44 a.m.)

well i did think maybe itll spoil the first-wot if it was a sort of 'what-if' book?

Shawn
(68-232-84-179.chvlva.adelphia.net)

daz
  Re: well im not really sure   Friday, August 26, 2005 (1:49 p.m.)

They should defintly make a 2nd that would bring in so much money it would be finaminal TIM BURTON PLEASE MAKE EDWARD SCISSORHANDS 2

Kimbee
(194.203.108.1)

daz
  Re: well im not really sure   Friday, September 2, 2005 (9:08 a.m.)

I recon, if they did they should get the old Kim to dance in the snow again, lol

isnt she dead anyway, now?

bob
(sdn-ap-037dcwashp0129.dialsprint.net)

JS Park

Em
  Re: no no no no NO   Sunday, October 31, 2004 (12:42 p.m.)

you're so right!! If they made a sequel, the movie would lose it's magic!!!!

Em
(12-221-59-223.client.insightbb.com)

bob
  Re: no no no no NO   Thursday, November 3, 2005 (6:01 a.m.)

> you're so right!! If they made a sequel, the movie would lose it's
> magic!!!!

Exactly.Edward Scissor Hands is one that is not meant to be taken further or tampered with.It has one story and one alone,and that is what was told in the first and hopefully only movie.

M.A.

George
(88-107-154-94.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)

JS Park

tar
  yeh but no but no   Tuesday, December 13, 2005 (2:08 p.m.)

the idea of a second movie is fantastic, however, the film is such an authentically produce original, new computer graphics, and cheesey childish antics would spoil the film rotten, a truly wonderful film that cannot be remastered by johnny's 5star rating performance. if you dont understand take the amazing 'terminator 3:rise of the machines' a film with the best plot in the world,spoiled by the 2oth century film directors, with computer graphics that didnt allow the feel for john connor to carry on since terminator 1 and 2.
as you can see i do know my movies, so will leave you with the simple answer of no, there should not and should never be an edward scissorhands 2.

tar
(cache-dtc-ae01.proxy.aol.com)

George
  on second thought...   Monday, July 31, 2006 (10:52 p.m.)

i absolutely love edward scissorhands,i want there to be a second one,but i fear they might ruin it.this is a movie u want to see again & again.but i realy fear of them ruining the beauty of this movie.but however,if they did make a second one i would not kill kim or edward! but please,im realy looking foward to there being a book on the movie,lol,let me know^_^

Raylene Madrid
(cache-ntc-ac06.proxy.aol.com)

Daz
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Wednesday, August 24, 2005 (9:53 p.m.)

I think the original is very good. I love JOHNNY DEPP. He did a great job in the original. There should be a part 2. I also think Johnny Depp is SUPER HOT! I mean i could on for hours about Edward Scissorhands. To me Edward is so charming and I intantly got drawn in to his charm. I thik in part 2 Edward meets the granddaughter of kim. I'm sure if there ever will be a part 2 but if there was Tim Burtun would do a great job at it. :

David Pattison
(DIALUP-147-88.TNKNO2.USIT.NET)

Annette

Spartanis
Josh Philippi
  Edward Scissorhands 2.   Wednesday, October 20, 2004 (11:13 p.m.)

They should definitely make an "Edward Scissorhands 2".

But, instead of a fantasy drama movie like #1, #2 should be an action movie.

It would be awesome to see Edward battling bad guys.

Spartanis
(cpe-144-137-250-229.wa.bigpond.net.au)

David Pattison

Josh Philippi
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2.   Wednesday, February 8, 2006 (2:10 a.m.)

> They should definitely make an "Edward Scissorhands 2".

> But, instead of a fantasy drama movie like #1, #2 should be an action
> movie.

> It would be awesome to see Edward battling bad guys.

*blinks* oh fine.. bring in Arnie and his nine mm's... lets not forget Bruce Willis .. oh why not chuck in a a part where Edward Scissorhands finds Osama Bin Laden and battle him?

i mean.. for sake.. get real? thats so not the whole point of the film ya doofus. If there is ever gonna be a sequal.. it be very much like the first one.. cept its a continuation of edward's search for being loved.. and not to mention .. someone to fix his hand...

Josh Philippi
(ip68-1-48-217.pn.at.cox.net)

Spartanis
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2.   Thursday, May 25, 2006 (11:53 p.m.)

> *blinks* oh fine.. bring in Arnie and his nine mm's... lets not forget
> Bruce Willis .. oh why not chuck in a a part where Edward Scissorhands
> finds Osama Bin Laden and battle him?

> i mean.. for sake.. get real? thats so not the whole point of the film ya
> doofus. If there is ever gonna be a sequal.. it be very much like the
> first one.. cept its a continuation of edward's search for being loved..
> and not to mention .. someone to fix his hand...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Great idea. Then, Ed defeats Osama, by cutting off all of his beard! At the end of the movie, his hand breaks, opening a spot for a third sequel. Yeah! Then they can make, like, a trilogy box set! Yeah right...

Josh Philippi
(ip68-1-48-217.pn.at.cox.net)

David Pattison
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2.   Thursday, May 25, 2006 (11:48 p.m.)

Man! You must be retarded! What? Yeah, let's release an "Edward Scissorhands 2: Beating up all the bad guys" I'm being sarcastic (BY the WAY!)

Keith P.
(ip68-14-184-194.pn.at.cox.net)

Annette

Spartanis
sam
  BAD, BAD IDEA!   Saturday, July 30, 2005 (8:20 p.m.)

The way Annette pictures "Edward Scissorhands 2" would be the strangest film in history. Trust me, I would not go to the movies to see that! Listen, nothing is missing from "Edward Scissorhands!" NOTHING! Leave the film alone! Holy crap, lady! There are WAY to many freakin' sequels!

It's a good thing they're not making "The Godfather: Part 4" or "Scarface 2!"

Spartanis
(cpe-144-137-250-229.wa.bigpond.net.au)

Keith P.

Keith P.
  Re: BAD, BAD IDEA!   Wednesday, February 8, 2006 (2:06 a.m.)

> The way Annette pictures "Edward Scissorhands 2" would be the
> strangest film in history. Trust me, I would not go to the movies to see
> that! Listen, nothing is missing from "Edward Scissorhands!"
> NOTHING! Leave the film alone! Holy crap, lady! There are WAY to many
> freakin' sequels!

> It's a good thing they're not making "The Godfather: Part 4" or
> "Scarface 2!"

PMSL.. i agree with you there.. with so many sequels, you think they are running out of original ideas :P

*looks at his numourous books*.. i guess they dont read books as often.. i mean all the stories are there :P

Keith P.
(ip68-1-48-217.pn.at.cox.net)

Spartanis
  Re: BAD, BAD IDEA!   Thursday, May 25, 2006 (11:45 p.m.)

> PMSL.. i agree with you there.. with so many sequels, you think they are
> running out of original ideas :P

> *looks at his numourous books*.. i guess they dont read books as often.. i
> mean all the stories are there :P

Atleast someone gets me! God!

sam
(cpe-069-132-196-056.carolina.res.rr.com)

Keith P.
  what a good idea   Tuesday, August 1, 2006 (2:02 p.m.)

>johnny depp is my fav actor too.i was thinking the same idea acple weeks ago
that such a good idea..:)

Ray Mad
(cache-ntc-ac06.proxy.aol.com)

Annette

Daisy
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Wednesday, August 24, 2005 (9:40 p.m.)

> Hello-

> I am a huge fan of Edward Scissorhands, it's one of my favorite movies.
> Johnny depp is my favorite actor. I was wondering if Tim Burton would ever
> agree to make an "Edward Scissorhands 2". I think it would be a
> brilliant idea!

> In my mind I'm picturing that Kim's grandaughter grows up, and appears at
> edwards castle door. Only to find out the scissorhands story is true. He
> opens the door of course, and what he sees is this young lady with a close
> resemblance as Kim, her grandmother, Edward falls in love. Eventually by
> the end of the movie edward turns into a real man, with real hands, and
> can end with a happy ending.

> I loved the movie's ending where he lives on, but I feel like there's
> something missing. It be interesting to see Johnny depp or another
> resembling and talented actor playing the role as edward in a part 2. Let
> me know what everyone thinks!! I think it would be very cool. The idea is very interesting.

> ~Annette~

Daisy
(adsl-074-229-016-253.sip.mia.bellsouth.net)

Ray Mad
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Thursday, August 2, 2007 (8:29 a.m.)

i found this

corinne
(213.133.214.2)

Annette

sean phelan
  NO NUMBER 2!!!!   Monday, July 17, 2006 (4:52 a.m.)

why do you think it is good to have a number two! . there is a number 1 and it's brill and anyway he already falls in love in the first one. why do you want him to fall in love all over again. and somthing would be missing from him to deeply as he has already fell in love. and he is twice as beautiful with siccors then hands!

sean phelan
(c-24-13-89-167.hsd1.il.comcast.net)

corinne
  i had a vision of #2   Saturday, November 4, 2006 (9:55 a.m.)

in my visionary dream last night, it is edward scissorhands: the beginning. i had a dream that i watched it with my g/f on dvd- it was really good- i remember it vividly and when i woke up i had to look on line to see if it had been indeed true about #2 comming out...but to my surprise no part 2. my vision was of him b4 the mansion was delapidated and there were more kids like him. but it was a secret place for already deformed people and people w/o torsos, and/or arms and the creator would invent these awsome gadgits to help them. the premis was edward as a preteen kinda chubby kid... call me crazy- i dont know why i had a random dream of a movie that has not been made...yet, and edward scissor hands at that.

johnnygal21
(rmor-164-107-221-4.resnet.ohio-state.edu)

Annette

Tara Crowe
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Saturday, November 11, 2006 (7:53 p.m.)

ok, it's it creepy that I've had this exact idea running through my head for probably the last 4 years? And it's exactly the same...Kim's granddaughter, who looks a lot like her, goes to the mansion. She has always been fascinated with her grandmother's story so she goes to meet Edward. Then she helps him get real hands. And during the process, she falls in love with him and he with her. It was really freaky when you said you had the same idea as me...weird...

Tara Crowe
(86-40-207-86.b-ras2.mvw.galway.eircom.net)

johnnygal21
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Sunday, July 22, 2007 (12:33 p.m.)
• Now Playing: Ice dance by danny elfman

RE:> ok, it's it creepy that I've had this exact idea running through my head
> for probably the last 4 years? And it's exactly the same...Kim's
> granddaughter, who looks a lot like her, goes to the mansion. She has
> always been fascinated with her grandmother's story so she goes to meet
> Edward. Then she helps him get real hands. And during the process, she
> falls in love with him and he with her. It was really freaky when you said
> you had the same idea as me...weird...

Okay i kno dis seems really odd but i had the same idea 2!!! im 17 now and first watchd edward scissorhands wen i was 7 and fell in luv wit dis film and it still is one of my fav movies. i had da exact same idea!!!! abt da grand daughter goin to da castle 2 see if the "fairytale" her granny told her was actually true..omg!! dis film has to happen!!

L.J.
(201.160.139.10.cable.dyn.cableonline.com.mx)

Annette
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Wednesday, April 4, 2007 (9:49 p.m.)

actually I was looking at an interwiew with tim burton and he says that he has plans for making edward scissorhands 2

Not a dumb fangirl
(ool-18bc11f9.dyn.optonline.net)

Annette
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Friday, October 5, 2007 (1:11 a.m.)

> Hello-

> I am a huge fan of Edward Scissorhands, it's one of my favorite movies.
> Johnny depp is my favorite actor. I was wondering if Tim Burton would ever
> agree to make an "Edward Scissorhands 2". I think it would be a
> brilliant idea!

> In my mind I'm picturing that Kim's grandaughter grows up, and appears at
> edwards castle door. Only to find out the scissorhands story is true. He
> opens the door of course, and what he sees is this young lady with a close
> resemblance as Kim, her grandmother, Edward falls in love. Eventually by
> the end of the movie edward turns into a real man, with real hands, and
> can end with a happy ending.

> I loved the movie's ending where he lives on, but I feel like there's
> something missing. It be interesting to see Johnny depp or another
> resembling and talented actor playing the role as edward in a part 2. Let
> me know what everyone thinks!!

> ~Annette~

Filmtracks attracts the dumbest damn fans. Come on, people... this is a film music site!!

ed
(pool-72-78-44-142.phlapa.east.verizon.net)

Annette

Alyson
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Monday, December 17, 2007 (7:01 p.m.)

Edward scissorhands is my favorite film of all time.
i really don't think they should make a 2nd.

sometimes sequels suck.

i really think Tim should leave it as is, because it is an awesome film and people should just look back on it and remember how amazing it was and is.

Alyson
(85.134.197.166)

ed

Jimmy boy
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Thursday, April 9, 2009 (6:16 a.m.)

I'll tell you what would be great! If they made a second one, where one other snowy night kim tells her grand daughter (who is now grown up to about 12 or 13) that she lied when she was younger about never seeing edward again. She tells what happened after that night...

and the film starts where it's like 2 weeks after she told the town edward was dead and she couldn't bare to be without him and she goes back up to the mansion and they like spend time together and every few days she sneaks out from peg to see him!! And MAYBE I stress the MAYBE she could tell her grand daughter that her grand father is edward!

Jimmy boy
(cpe-121-209-147-165.muzl2.wel.bigpond.net.au)

Alyson

adrian
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Tuesday, January 12, 2010 (6:54 a.m.)

Hell yeah their should be an Edward Scissorhands 2! I don't care what the storyline should be, and i don't care if it's a comedy fantasy whatever! All I know is that I really was an Edward Scissorhands 2 to come out!

adrian
(bthnggts205-dmz.mycingular.net)

Jimmy boy
  Re: Edward Scissorhands 2 ????   Wednesday, July 7, 2010 (10:36 p.m.)

> Hell yeah their should be an Edward Scissorhands 2! I don't care what the
> storyline should be, and i don't care if it's a comedy fantasy whatever!
> All I know is that I really was an Edward Scissorhands 2 to come out!

dat would b really cool and espeacially if it was in 3d i would go see it in da movie theAter i espacially like da idea wer the grand child falls in love wit him

Aaron
(pool-96-229-99-118.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)

Annette
  To late   Sunday, January 23, 2011 (5:17 p.m.)

I think it is to late to make Edward Scissorhands 2, it would be a great movie, but it's been 20 years since the first 1st, I think if they would have made a 2nd one it would have been back years ago or a couple years after the first 1, But if they did i would be happy.

Post Response         • Edit Post         • Threaded display

The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Filmtracks Publications. Filmtracks comment areas created 7/31/00, most recently updated 8/11/06. Version 2.0. Copyright © 1998-2013, Christian Clemmensen (Filmtracks Publications). All rights reserved.