SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Incredibles 2
    2. Solo: A Star Wars Story
   3. Deadpool 2
  4. Avengers: Infinity War
 5. A Quiet Place
6. Ready Player One
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
        2. Gladiator
       3. Blade Runner 2049
      4. Batman
     5. Thor: Ragnarok
    6. The Avengers
   7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Avatar
 9. Dunkirk
10. Phantom Thread
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for An Everlasting Piece (Hans Zimmer)
My thoughts...

Jason
<Send E-Mail>
(evrtwa1-ar5-244-035.dsl.gtei.net)


  Responses to this Comment:
TimT
Curtis Beaulieu
My thoughts...   Thursday, January 11, 2001 (10:12 p.m.) 

You give this a ** but there really isn't much explanation on the rating... I have listened to the CD about 10 or so times (hey, it's short!), and I found it to be fresh and enjoyable. Though me and a friend are just starting a site, you can check our review of An Everlasting Piece over at

http://www.soundtrackcinema.com/everlasting.html

The site is by no means finished, we just started... But any reviews are good reviews when it comes to scores I guess...

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


TimT
<Send E-Mail>
(cx43092-a.cv1.sdca.home.com)

  In Response to:
Jason
I agree with Jason....   Friday, January 12, 2001 (9:36 a.m.) 

I can't pick out anything in Mr. Clemmensen's review where it explains why it deserves a 2 star rating. Its mostly just explains the story behind the score, but little on the score itself.
I've had this CD since its release, and I've had time to listen to it more than a few times. It is a very pleasant and sometime exciting listening experience, that doesn't fall into unlistenable noise. Each cue is contructed
as a piece of its own with an occasical central theme to tie it together. It is also a little of something new & different from the composer (actually Zimmer did some irish jig things in his score for "Fools of Fortune" but that was ten years ago!!)It is also something unique to the majority of movies out there, I mean is there a score like this? I don't think so. So that makes this score a bit above adverage. From what I understand Mr. Clemmensen also mentions that the theme is a rip of Titanic! Well I own Titanic, and am very familiar with it.
And the only thing simular is its use of bagpipes and other irish elements. Bagpipes can only play a certain amount of sounds, so its of no suprise that some irish melodies on bagpipes sound somewhat familiar. There is no direct rip off here.
An Everlasting Piece is a inventive and unique that is surely above adverage s, that offers a pretty good listen experience on CD, and a score such as that does not deserves a below adverage rating. The score deserves at least a 3 star or a 4. It is ingenius but not briilant. My only real gripe is the amount of information in the packaging. There is nothing mentioned about the film nor the proscess of score the film. (what Mr. Clemmensen's review should have been used as).

An Everlasting Piece (as heard on CD) ****



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Curtis Beaulieu
(63.27.49.250)

  In Response to:
Jason

  Responses to this Comment:
Jason
Re: My thoughts...   Friday, January 12, 2001 (6:47 p.m.) 

> You give this a ** but there really isn't much explanation on the
> rating... I have listened to the CD about 10 or so times (hey, it's
> short!), and I found it to be fresh and enjoyable. Though me and a friend
> are just starting a site, you can check our review of An Everlasting Piece
> over at

> http://www.soundtrackcinema.com/everlasting.html The site is by no means
> finished, we just started... But any reviews are good reviews when it
> comes to scores I guess...

Looks like another Filmtracks.com design imitation is on the block!

Just wait 'til Ford A. Thaxton finds it. Ha!



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Jason
<Send E-Mail>
(evrtwa1-ar5-244-035.dsl.gtei.net)

  In Response to:
Curtis Beaulieu

  Responses to this Comment:
Wilbur Maloney
Re: My thoughts...   Friday, January 12, 2001 (9:03 p.m.) 

> Looks like another Filmtracks.com design imitation is on the block!

> Just wait 'til Ford A. Thaxton finds it. Ha!

Hey, I'm not going to try to defend myself there, because I can't.. But, don't tell me that it's a "Filmtracks" imitation site, because it's as much a "CineMusic", "ScoreReviews", or hell, even "IGN", or perhaps any video game site in general. I'm no master of HTML, that's for sure, but I *do* believe that the number of quality score sites is MUCH to low, so I can only believe one more can't hurt, even if it isn't completely original. But, then again, I'm trying to do some little things such as the "other reviews" on every review showing all the other sites reviews (sometimes it's up to 7) to make it "slightly" different. This is somewhat useful in my opinion, because many of the score sites out there are unknown to people. Anyway my 2 cents, hope that clears things up a little.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Wilbur Maloney
<Send E-Mail>
(cache-hki-1.inet.fi)

  In Response to:
Jason
Re: My thoughts...   Saturday, August 10, 2002 (12:02 p.m.) 

> Hey, I'm not going to try to defend myself there, because I can't.. But,
> don't tell me that it's a "Filmtracks" imitation site, because
> it's as much a "CineMusic", "ScoreReviews", or hell,
> even "IGN", or perhaps any video game site in general. I'm no
> master of HTML, that's for sure, but I *do* believe that the number of
> quality score sites is MUCH to low, so I can only believe one more can't
> hurt, even if it isn't completely original. But, then again, I'm trying to
> do some little things such as the "other reviews" on every
> review showing all the other sites reviews (sometimes it's up to 7) to
> make it "slightly" different. This is somewhat useful in my
> opinion, because many of the score sites out there are unknown to people.
> Anyway my 2 cents, hope that clears things up a little.

I don't think anyone is reading this tree anymore, but I don't care. This guy, Jason, is right about the score. I only purchased it now because it's the first time I saw available anywhere (which was in Switzerland), the amount of film music CDs they have in the stores in here (Finland) is very low. When it comes to that, this place is the outback of the world. Anyways, the score for Everlasting Piece is not bad, not bad at all. Crhis doesn't explain well enough why he didn't like it. And I don't get what this one dude is trying to say with "another filmtracks copy". Hey you, wuold you say that anybody who says he'll be back in a couple of weeks, when his vacation ends, is a Schwarzenegger-wanna-be? You kind of remind me of one guy I know, he claimed that people couldn't say "So (what?)" because his American cousin had used it before us. And Jason's site is very good. I can't help myself returning there every now and then.
If any of the two people or so who accidently read this tree cared, I'dd give the score 3 1/2 stars. Hopefully you will someday be reading my reviewsite.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.