SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Transformers: Last Knight
    2. Cars 3
   3. The Mummy
  4. Wonder Woman
 5. POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales
6. Alien: Covenant


   CURRENT BEST-SELLING SCORES:
       1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
      2. Fantastic Beasts/Find Them
     3. Willow
    4. The Ghost and the Darkness
   5. An American Tail
  6. The Wind and the Lion
 7. Doctor Strange
8. 10 Cloverfield Lane
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: Force Awakens
        2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
       3. Titanic
      4. Avatar
     5. Nineteen Eighty-Four
    6. Gladiator
   7. Star Wars: A New Hope
  8. Animal Farm
 9. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
10. Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Frida (Elliot Goldenthal)
Paloma Negra

Crystal
<Send E-Mail>
(cache-mtc-ac01.proxy.aol.com)


  Responses to this Comment:
heather
tupperwar
Marja
Paloma Negra   Friday, December 17, 2004 (7:55 p.m.) 

can anyone send me the lyrics to "Paloma Negra" please I love that song

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


heather
<Send E-Mail>
(205.231.24.174)

  In Response to:
Crystal

  Responses to this Comment:
Roger White
SweetSparkle
Re: Paloma Negra   Thursday, October 13, 2005 (2:51 p.m.) 

> can anyone send me the lyrics to "Paloma Negra" please I love
> that song
Artist: Lyrics
Song: Paloma Negra Lyrics

Ya me canso de llorar y no amanece
Ya no sé si maldecirte o por ti rezar
Tengo miedo de buscarte y de encontrarte
Donde me aseguran mis amigos que te vas
Hay momentos en que quisiera mejor rajarme
Y arrancarme ya los clavos de mi penar
Pero mis ojos se mueren si mirar tus ojos
Y mi cariño con la aurora te vuelve a esperar

Y aggaraste por tu cuenta la parranda
Paloma negra paloma negra dónde, dónde andarás?
Ya no jueges con mi honra parrandera
Si tus caricias han de ser mías, de nadie mas

Y aunque te amo con locura ya no vuelves
Paloma negra eres la reja de un penar
Quiero ser libre vivir mi vida con quien yo quiera
Dios dame fuerza que me estoy muriendo por irla a buscar

Y agarraste por tu cuenta las parrandas


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Roger White
<Send E-Mail>
(69.177.53.17)

  In Response to:
heather

  Responses to this Comment:
yadi
Re: Paloma Negra   Saturday, December 24, 2005 (8:09 p.m.) 

The English Translation is more or less as follows

Artist: Lyrics
Song: Paloma Negra Lyrics

> Ya me canso de llorar y no amanece

I'm tired of crying for nothing

Ya no sé si maldecirte o por ti
> rezar

I don't know if I should curse you or pray for you

Tengo miedo de buscarte y de encontrarte

I'm afraid to look for you and to find you

Donde me aseguran
> mis amigos que te vas

Where my friends asure me that you go

Hay momentos en que quisiera mejor rajarme

There are moments when I would prefer to split

Y
> arrancarme ya los clavos de mi penar

and finally pull out the nails of my torment

Pero mis ojos se mueren si mirar
> tus ojos

but my eyes die without the sight of your eyes

Y mi cariño con la aurora te vuelve a esperar
and my glowing love continues to await you

> Y[a] aggaraste por tu cuenta la parranda

You have taken for yourself the party (goodtimes)

Paloma negra paloma negra dónde,
> dónde andarás?

Black dove, Black dove, where, where do you go?

Ya no jueges con mi honra parrandera

Don't play with my honor

Si tus
> caricias han de ser mías, de nadie mas
if your caresses must be mine, and no one elses

> Y aunque te amo con locura ya no vuelves

and although I love you like crazy don't return

Paloma negra eres la reja de
> un penar

Black dove you are the bars of a punishment(jail????)

Quiero ser libre vivir mi vida con quien yo quiera

I want to be free to live my life with whom I want

Dios
> dame fuerza que me estoy muriendo por irla a buscar
God give me strength, I'm dying from searching for (him/her {in this translation her})
> Y agarraste por tu cuenta las parrandas
and you have taken for yourself the parties (goodtimes)

Does anyone have the cord change? I know it's basically a I, IV, V in D Maj. but there seems to be more to it.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


yadi
<Send E-Mail>
(193.los-angeles-10rh15-16rt.ca.di
al-access.att.net)

  In Response to:
Roger White
Re: Paloma Negra   Tuesday, January 8, 2008 (4:11 p.m.) 

> The English Translation is more or less as follows

> Artist: Lyrics
> Song: Paloma Negra Lyrics

> I'm tired of crying for nothing

> Ya no sé si maldecirte o por ti

> I don't know if I should curse you or pray for you

> Tengo miedo de buscarte y de encontrarte

> I'm afraid to look for you and to find you

> Donde me aseguran

> Where my friends asure me that you go

> Hay momentos en que quisiera mejor rajarme

> There are moments when I would prefer to split

> Y

> and finally pull out the nails of my torment

> Pero mis ojos se mueren si mirar

> but my eyes die without the sight of your eyes

> Y mi cariño con la aurora te vuelve a esperar
> and my glowing love continues to await you

> You have taken for yourself the party (goodtimes)

> Paloma negra paloma negra dónde,

> Black dove, Black dove, where, where do you go?

> Ya no jueges con mi honra parrandera

> Don't play with my honor

> Si tus
> if your caresses must be mine, and no one elses

> and although I love you like crazy don't return

> Paloma negra eres la reja de

> Black dove you are the bars of a punishment(jail????)

> Quiero ser libre vivir mi vida con quien yo quiera

> I want to be free to live my life with whom I want

> Dios
> God give me strength, I'm dying from searching for (him/her {in this
> translation her})
> and you have taken for yourself the parties (goodtimes)

> Does anyone have the cord change? I know it's basically a I, IV, V in D
> Maj. but there seems to be more to it.

im actually in a mariachi group myself and im the one who sings this song in the group. this translation is good besides some of the parts after the key change. but the other translation posted was nothing of what the lyrics are really saying.FYI: the man who wrote this is from zacatecas, mexico and unless that one richard person knows who Thomas Mendez, he has no clue what in the world he is talking about.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


SweetSparkle
<Send E-Mail>
(c911c490.bhz.virtua.com.br)

  In Response to:
heather
Maiden and Legend   Friday, August 11, 2006 (6:32 a.m.) 

A retired pixie helps a band of pirates. The result is wacky hijinks.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


tupperwar
<Send E-Mail>
(dsl205-87.fastxdsl.nl)

  In Response to:
Crystal

  Responses to this Comment:
Richard Leo Jackson
Re: Paloma Negra   Thursday, October 27, 2005 (4:29 p.m.) 

> can anyone send me the lyrics to "Paloma Negra" please I love
> that song

If anyone does have the OST of frida and has the ENGLISH translation of paloma negra could that very very sweet person send them to me ??:) i'm in love with this song and all ways i can find to translate lead to nothing..and i know a girl who loves this song even more then i do..so please...:)


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Richard Leo Jackson
<Send E-Mail>
(c-67-169-67-240.hsd1.ca.comcast.n
et)

  In Response to:
tupperwar
Re: Paloma Negra (English version)   Monday, February 26, 2007 (1:36 a.m.) 

> If anyone does have the OST of frida and has the ENGLISH translation of
> paloma negra could that very very sweet person send them to me ??:) i'm in
> love with this song and all ways i can find to translate lead to
> nothing..and i know a girl who loves this song even more then i do..so
> please...:)

Hello, I am a singer/song writer and my name is Richard Leo Jackson. I have never posted a response before so please be patient and bear with me. I am well known in these parts for singing Paloma Negra as a street performer. Wny? Probably because I sing it as a folk song. I wrote off to Peer musis for the English version and was horrified at the atrocity I was sent in return. The words had nothing to do with the original. I had been working on a translation myself and, with a contract from them, and for nothing more than love of the song, I submitted the lyrics called UNFAITHFUL ANGEL. You can still sing the song PALOMA NEGRA but use all of the other English words. I chose the alternative because, pidgeon or dove, are not things americans tend to call women. Chicks, yeah, but angel is more to our culture. Here are the words....

PALOMA NEGRA/UNFAITHFUL ANGEL

Richard Leo Jackson

I'm so weary and my teardrops have stained your gown dear.
I don't know whether to curse you or just try to pray.
But I'm fearful of looking for you for I might find you
in the arms of your old lover on our wedding day.
There are moments when I know it's best for me to leave you
and to tear out the thorns you've planted around my heart.
But then I look down at that gold ring dear, there on my finger
and suddenly realize that when the dawn breaks my search for you will start.
CORO:
Have you soiiled your snowy wings dear with cruel betrayel?
Unfaithful Angel, darling tell me, where have you flown?
Were your vows at the altar a mere deception?
Have you shared the love with other men meant for me alone?
And though I love you with true devotion, still you've left me.
My soul's in prison and you're the bars that hold it in.
Oh how I wish I had my heart back to love another!
Lord grant me courage to go out searching for her again.

These lyrics seek to develope the story a bit. They were submitted to the family of the composer and his son approved. I hope this helps. I plan to record the song soon.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Marja
<Send E-Mail>
(a80-127-71-142.adsl.xs4all.nl)

  In Response to:
Crystal
Re: Paloma Negra   Tuesday, May 16, 2006 (1:21 p.m.) 

> can anyone send me the lyrics to "Paloma Negra" please I love
> that song

Does anyone know where to find the sheet music of this song?

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2017, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.