SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Incredibles 2
    2. Solo: A Star Wars Story
   3. Deadpool 2
  4. Avengers: Infinity War
 5. A Quiet Place
6. Ready Player One
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
        2. Gladiator
       3. Blade Runner 2049
      4. Batman
     5. Thor: Ragnarok
    6. The Avengers
   7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Avatar
 9. Dunkirk
10. Phantom Thread
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Gladiator (Hans Zimmer/Lisa Gerrard)
What the hell are filmscores about?!

Zimmer_Fan
<Send E-Mail>
(dhcp024-166-113-223.neo.rr.com)


  Responses to this Comment:
Mark Kindler
What the hell are filmscores about?!   Sunday, July 6, 2003 (6:40 a.m.) 

There has been something that has really been bothering me for a while since I started reading around here. I always read about this one reviewer (Clemmesen) bashing filmscores about Hans Zimmer. What the hell is that all about Clemmensen?! Zimmer is a great filmscore in his own right, just like John Williams. Now I am not a anit-John Williams freak. In fact, I think Williams can make wonderfully touching songs at times that fit the mood of the movie perfectly. In fact, this brings up another important point about the intelligence of the reviewer. What the hell are filmscores about?! Filmscores are not jut written for the fans (or the reviewers) they are written for the movie. In fact, the music might just be horrible on cd...but that is not the point of the score. The point of it is to complement the movie, to combine with the movie and bring a new perspective and make the movie alive. I believe that www.filmscores.com has this all wrong. They think that filmscores should just be about how good the music sounds (or even how good the music compares to John Williams (aka Clemmensen)). Hell, even soundtracks are being reviewed without the movie even being seen. You can't review a filmscore without having seen the film...it contradicts the whole idea of what a filmscore is (aka "saving private ryan", "the hulk" etc.) Clemmensen is a little Stalin Butter who likes to piss everyone off by pushing his own radical view on why all scores suck because they aren't written by him. Clemmensen - Honestly, who the hell do you think you are to do that. It would be nice once in a while for you to watch the movie and maybe talk about how or why the music didn't fit in the movie instead of just saying how bad it was.

P.S. - this will probably be my last post because Clemmensen will get all pissed off about the things I wrote... and he will bitch and complain and get my IP address kicked off. So bitch right back at him because I know others feel the same way!

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Mark Kindler
(sdn-ak-141carcorp016.dialsprint.n
et)

  In Response to:
Zimmer_Fan

  Responses to this Comment:
Zimmer_Fan
Amuro
Re: That's not a very intelligent argument.   Saturday, July 12, 2003 (4:05 p.m.) 

What about all the highly rated Zimmer scores at Filmtracks? Clemmensen gives **** or ***** to all kinds of Zimmer music. Do better research before you complain!

Also, I don't think he would ban you for saying what you said. He seems more inclined to laugh at people like you.

Mark

> There has been something that has really been bothering me for a while
> since I started reading around here. I always read about this one reviewer
> (Clemmesen) bashing filmscores about Hans Zimmer. What the hell is that
> all about Clemmensen?! Zimmer is a great filmscore in his own right, just
> like John Williams. Now I am not a anit-John Williams freak. In fact, I
> think Williams can make wonderfully touching songs at times that fit the
> mood of the movie perfectly. In fact, this brings up another important
> point about the intelligence of the reviewer. What the hell are filmscores
> about?! Filmscores are not jut written for the fans (or the reviewers)
> they are written for the movie. In fact, the music might just be horrible
> on cd...but that is not the point of the score. The point of it is to
> complement the movie, to combine with the movie and bring a new
> perspective and make the movie alive. I believe that www.filmscores.com
> has this all wrong. They think that filmscores should just be about how
> good the music sounds (or even how good the music compares to John
> Williams (aka Clemmensen)). Hell, even soundtracks are being reviewed
> without the movie even being seen. You can't review a filmscore without
> having seen the film...it contradicts the whole idea of what a filmscore
> is (aka "saving private ryan", "the hulk" etc.)
> Clemmensen is a little Stalin Butt!-!er who likes to piss everyone off by
> pushing his own radical view on why all scores suck because they aren't
> written by him. Clemmensen - Honestly, who the hell do you think you are
> to do that. It would be nice once in a while for you to watch the movie
> and maybe talk about how or why the music didn't fit in the movie instead
> of just saying how bad it was.

> P.S. - this will probably be my last post because Clemmensen will get all
> pissed off about the things I wrote... and he will bitch and complain and
> get my IP address kicked off. So bitch right back at him because I know
> others feel the same way!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Zimmer_Fan
<Send E-Mail>
(dhcp065-025-010-030.neo.rr.com)

  In Response to:
Mark Kindler

  Responses to this Comment:
Christian Clemmensen
Re: That's not a very intelligent argument.   Sunday, July 13, 2003 (7:00 p.m.) 

> What about all the highly rated Zimmer scores at Filmtracks? Clemmensen
> gives **** or ***** to all kinds of Zimmer music. Do better research
> before you complain!

> Also, I don't think he would ban you for saying what you said. He seems
> more inclined to laugh at people like you.

> Mark

He gives **** or ***** to all kinds of Zimmer scores! My ass he does...do some research before making your comments too, dumbass...only 1 ***** has been given to Zimmer (Crimson Tide). Nice try at your argument though!

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Christian Clemmensen
<Send E-Mail>
(bushisamonkey.filmtracks.com)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Zimmer_Fan

  Responses to this Comment:
S.Venkatnarayanan
Kevin Smith
Here, ladies and gentlemen, we have the true essence of: "fanboy"   Monday, July 14, 2003 (7:53 a.m.) 

> He gives **** or ***** to all kinds of Zimmer scores! My ass he does...do
> some research before making your comments too, dumbass...only 1 ***** has
> been given to Zimmer (Crimson Tide). Nice try at your argument though!

The problem, Zimmer_Fan, is that nobody takes your statement seriously due to your abrasive and underdeveloped method of presenting your argument. Thus, the Ford A Thaxton term "fanboy" comes to everyones' minds. Kindler was right, I do laugh at people like you, because you haven't a clue about that which you speak. Your argument is just as rude and idiotic as those people who say that Filmtracks should be shut down because it isn't approved by JESUS.

Let's take a look at the Zimmer ratings so far:

***** = 1
**** = 10
*** = 13
** = 7
* = 1
FRISBEE = 0

What's so anti-Zimmer about those ratings?

Christian Clemmensen
(who, according to Zimmer_Fan, "sucks cock")
www.filmtracks.com



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


S.Venkatnarayanan
(219.65.105.167)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Christian Clemmensen
very funny reply   Wednesday, May 7, 2008 (3:33 a.m.) 

> Christian Clemmensen
> (who, according to Zimmer_Fan, "sucks cock")

Oh naughty fellows! I admire you both coz very very funny guys on earth. After just reading comments of Mr.Zimmer_Fan and Mr.Christian gave an interesting reply to Mr.Zimmer_Fan, I just can't control my laughter.

Thank you very much guys for making me laugh! hi hi hi hi hi....



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Kevin Smith
(d36-76-89.home1.cgocable.net)

  In Response to:
Christian Clemmensen
Re: Here, ladies and gentlemen, we have the true essence of: "fanboy"   Saturday, August 2, 2008 (3:54 p.m.) 

> The problem, Zimmer_Fan, is that nobody takes your statement seriously due
> to your abrasive and underdeveloped method of presenting your argument.
> Thus, the Ford A Thaxton term "fanboy" comes to everyones'
> minds. Kindler was right, I do laugh at people like you, because you
> haven't a clue about that which you speak. Your argument is just as rude
> and idiotic as those people who say that Filmtracks should be shut down
> because it isn't approved by JESUS.

> Let's take a look at the Zimmer ratings so far:

> ***** = 1
> **** = 10
> *** = 13
> ** = 7
> * = 1
> FRISBEE = 0

> What's so anti-Zimmer about those ratings?

> Christian Clemmensen
> (who, according to Zimmer_Fan, "sucks cock")
> www.filmtracks.com

How up to date are those ratings?



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-16-223.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Mark Kindler
Re: That's not a very intelligent argument.   Sunday, August 31, 2003 (4:55 p.m.) 

> What about all the highly rated Zimmer scores at Filmtracks? Clemmensen
> gives **** or ***** to all kinds of Zimmer music. Do better research
> before you complain!

> Also, I don't think he would ban you for saying what you said. He seems
> more inclined to laugh at people like you.

> Mark

With good reason too!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.