1. Transformers: Last Knight

1. Star Wars: Force Awakens
        2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
     5. Nineteen Eighty-Four
   7. Star Wars: A New Hope
  8. Animal Farm
 9. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
Comments about the soundtrack for Glory (James Horner)
Lyrics

Philip
(217.16.118.12)

Josh
Anthony Koll
Lyrics   Monday, July 7, 2003 (6:47 a.m.)

Does anybody know the lyrics for "Charging Fort Wagner", or any other track from Glory? "Charging Fort Wagner" sounds latin, but I'm not sure at all. Please help!!

Josh
(67.67.144.251)
Philip

Thomas
Chelsea
Re: Lyrics   Monday, July 7, 2003 (9:21 p.m.)

> Does anybody know the lyrics for "Charging Fort Wagner", or any
> other track from Glory? "Charging Fort Wagner" sounds latin, but
> I'm not sure at all. Please help!!
Charging Fort Wagner is from Carmina Burana O Fortuna! by Orff. you can find the lyrics on the web and its worth buying the opera if you like "Charging Fort Wagner"

Thomas
(ip68-104-99-247.lv.lv.cox.net)

Josh

The Rhino
G. S. Kalra
Kryo
Re: Lyrics   Sunday, August 24, 2003 (9:08 a.m.)

Charging Fort Wagner is from Carmina Burana O Fortuna! by Orff. you can
> find the lyrics on the web and its worth buying the opera if you like
> "Charging Fort Wagner"
I just have one question. Where the hell do you get your musical information? The lyrics are not from Carmina Burana!!!! I know they're latin, but I'm sure translated, they have no meaning that even comes close to Carmina Burana. That opera takes it's lyrics from ancient gregorian monk scripts found to be over a 1000 years old. Just because Fort Wagner is in the same style as O Fortuna, the lyrics, and the usic are completley different. I would chew you out more for your complete lack of musical knowledge, but I notice you have a .Mac e-mail, and therefore I cannot take my rage out on a fellow mac user with good concience, becuase you are someone who at least has inteligence with computers. Sorry windows users, but unless you don't have the money for a mac, then you must be an idiot for using windows. Just telling the truth.

The Rhino
(64.57.238.190)

Thomas

WX
Anteru
Re: Lyrics   Sunday, August 24, 2003 (2:13 p.m.)

but I notice you have a .Mac e-mail, and therefore I cannot
> take my rage out on a fellow mac user with good concience, becuase you are
> someone who at least has inteligence with computers. Sorry windows users,
> but unless you don't have the money for a mac, then you must be an idiot
> for using windows. Just telling the truth.

That is about the most ignorant statement I have ever heard. Please tell me you dont have a degree in computers. A statement like that would make your professors and everyone else in the field puke.

Secondly, This thread was a great help . I have been looking for O fortuna for some time but couldnt think of the name or composer for the life of me.

The Rhino

WX
(eatcf-565p168.ppp15.odn.ne.jp)

The Rhino

Patrick
Re: Lyrics   Saturday, August 30, 2003 (12:06 a.m.)

I've heard Mozrt Requim but never O Fortuna. Not even close to O Fortuna.

The only words that are close are the beginning something about bells

The Harleem Boys Choir sang it but the words are very hard to make out.

Patrick
(wampum.tcom.purdue.edu)

WX

Gretchen
Re: Lyrics   Sunday, August 31, 2003 (2:52 p.m.)

> I've heard Mozrt Requim but never O Fortuna. Not even close to O Fortuna.

> The only words that are close are the beginning something about bells

> The Harleem Boys Choir sang it but the words are very hard to make out.

It is hard to make out, but I've replayed it a lot. The lyrics aren't from any opera I believe. Parts of the lyrics are as follows,

"...toward the fort, they were found. They were chosen for it. Toward the fort, they would die, they were chosen for it." Of course, this is from the end credits.

Gretchen
(pcp03045518pcs.lncstr01.pa.comcas
t.net)

Patrick

Keith Patton
Re: Lyrics   Monday, September 1, 2003 (8:20 p.m.)

> It is hard to make out, but I've replayed it a lot. The lyrics aren't from
> any opera I believe. Parts of the lyrics are as follows,

> "...toward the fort, they were found. They were chosen for it. Toward
> the fort, they would die, they were chosen for it." Of course, this
> is from the end credits.

Definitely replayed it a lot, too, and I'm not sure where the lyrics are from. Sometimes I think I can hear parts of the Dies Irae in it (fitting, given the context of the scene), other times I hear lyrics I don't think is part of it.

Keith Patton
(dhcp003-154-gqh.houston.nam.slb.c
om)

Gretchen

EE
David
Re: Lyrics   Thursday, October 16, 2003 (11:33 a.m.)

> Definitely replayed it a lot, too, and I'm not sure where the lyrics are
> from. Sometimes I think I can hear parts of the Dies Irae in it (fitting,
> given the context of the scene), other times I hear lyrics I don't think
> is part of it.

Well we all seem to have different ears. I hear something like, "Play the fife, blow the horn, beats the drum, so... slowly, Hear the call, play them home, hear the trumpet....Glory!"

Just another Glory fan.

EE
(acb8c606.ipt.aol.com)

Keith Patton

L
Re: Lyrics   Saturday, January 3, 2004 (1:12 p.m.)

The lyrics to 'Charging Fort Wagner' open up with part of the Dies Irae. The Dies Irae is a fixed poem used in many Catholic ceremonies and can be easily found online. "Quando judex est venturus, cuncta stricte discusurus," meaning "when the judge is come, he will judge all strictly," and that's a good basis for the beginning of any internet search. That'll allow you to follow the first couple minutes of the 'Charging Fort Wagner' piece.

I haven't had any luck with the rest of the lyrics. A pity they've not been published anywhere.

L
(dialup-64-246-2-110.ev1.net)

EE

steve
Re: Lyrics   Sunday, May 30, 2004 (7:15 a.m.)

> I haven't had any luck with the rest of the lyrics. A pity they've not
> been published anywhere.

hey guys, we still haven't figured out the name of the song. I have Carmina Buerana (also called La Fortuna) and the "charging fort wagner" song is a different one. Screw the lyrics, what is the name of the song?

steve
(cache-ntc-ab07.proxy.aol.com)
L

Dave
Re: Lyrics   Monday, August 23, 2004 (2:05 a.m.)

> hey guys, we still haven't figured out the name of the song. I have
> Carmina Buerana (also called La Fortuna) and the "charging fort
> wagner" song is a different one. Screw the lyrics, what is the name
> of the song?

Okay. Let me clear things up. James Horner obviously based "Charging Fort Wagner" on the Carl Orff masterpiece "O Fortuna" (not La Fortuna). He used the same basic harmonic and rhythmic structure. This is a common practice for composers when they want to suggest a thought that another piece has already suggested and still not plagiarize or have to pay copyright on the original piece. As to what the lyrics are, they certainly aren't English (they are latin) and for those of you who don't think they have any similarity to O Fortuna, one of the lyrics happens to be "fortunas". As to what the rest are, it's too hard to tell, but I'm guessing it is not the Dies Irae because that text is sacred and O Fortuna is not. I think Horner would have been purposeful about not mixing them. To find the lyrics of O Fortuna, just type in Carl Orff O Fortuna on any search engine.

Dave
(cache-ntc-ac06.proxy.aol.com)

steve

Cavia
Re: Lyrics   Wednesday, April 26, 2006 (10:39 p.m.)

You're right as usual Steve. The Latin in the score is at best a poor translation. There are many contractions that are not in line with Latin grammatical rules. That's poetic license for you. 8-)))

Cavia
(pool-72-68-86-224.nwrknj.east.ver
izon.net)

Dave
Re: Lyrics   Saturday, May 13, 2006 (2:26 p.m.)

>Hey, guys, I know Latin and have an ear for Latin, and I thought the lyrics were from the Dies Irae (Day of Judgment), from the old Roman Catholic Requiem Mass.

David
(adsl-70-241-66-11.dsl.hstntx.swbe
ll.net)
Keith Patton
Re: Lyrics   Tuesday, December 5, 2006 (10:05 a.m.)

Hey, I think the final words in The Closing Credits are:
"Blow the horn, play the fife, beat the drum so slowly.
Blow the horn, play the fife, make the drum beat only."

Anteru
(pd9e9eb9a.dip.t-dialin.net)

The Rhino
Re: Lyrics   Thursday, November 20, 2003 (11:19 a.m.)

> I have been looking for O fortuna for some time but couldnt think of the name or > composer for the life of me.

The Composers Name is Carl Orff. Lyrics can be found in every Booklet of a release of that Tone Poem.

G. S. Kalra
(cache3-popl.server.ntli.net)

Thomas
Re: Lyrics   Thursday, January 22, 2004 (12:41 p.m.)

would like to have the text from O Fortuna, Wagner. I hope that somebody can help me with that.

Kryo
(ppp-68-126-243-90.dsl.irvnca.pacb
ell.net)

Thomas
Re: Lyrics   Saturday, January 8, 2005 (3:46 a.m.)

> Charging Fort Wagner is from Carmina Burana O Fortuna! by Orff. you can
I just have one question. Where the hell do you get your musical
> information? The lyrics are not from Carmina Burana!!!! I know they're
> latin, but I'm sure translated, they have no meaning that even comes close
> to Carmina Burana. That opera takes it's lyrics from ancient gregorian
> monk scripts found to be over a 1000 years old. Just because Fort Wagner
> is in the same style as O Fortuna, the lyrics, and the usic are completley
> different. I would chew you out more for your complete lack of musical
> knowledge, but I notice you have a .Mac e-mail, and therefore I cannot
> take my rage out on a fellow mac user with good concience, becuase you are
> someone who at least has inteligence with computers. Sorry windows users,
> but unless you don't have the money for a mac, then you must be an idiot
> for using windows. Just telling the truth.
jeez...i don't see linux users hating on mac users for not using a OS that requires higher level thinking. that aside would you mind sending me the lyrics to Charging Fort Wagner or at least the gregorian chant that it's based one? I've been searching all over the internet and I'm having no luck finding it. merci beaucoup

Chelsea
(dialup-207-16-106-60.max0-berk.os
preynet.com)

Josh
Re: Lyrics   Sunday, July 3, 2005 (3:37 p.m.)

Hi. I wanted to let you all know that i've been listening to Glory for about 3 days non stop. I love it soooooo much. Huge fan . I also want to let you know that i was able to get the lyrics to "Charging Fort Wagner" just by listening to it over and over and over again. I would be more than willing to post what i have if you'd like to see it, But you have to understand that a lot of it is spelled phonetically. I was able to go to a Latin translator and get a great deal of it translated, to its latin for and its english meaning, but not all of it, i am still working on it however. I was hoping that this is where some of you could come in. I'm hoping that maybe one of you knows someone that might be able to translate it if they have it in front of them. If you would like me to post what i have please let me know. When you are listening to the song and looking at the lyrics it makes soooo much more sense, and you can actually hear the words. Well, i hope to hear from someone ... bye for now

~*Chelsea*~

Anthony Koll
(ip68-111-241-164.sd.sd.cox.net)

Philip
Re: Lyrics   Saturday, September 24, 2005 (10:29 p.m.)

> Does anybody know the lyrics for "Charging Fort Wagner", or any
> other track from Glory? "Charging Fort Wagner" sounds latin, but
> I'm not sure at all. Please help!!
I took me a week to find this lyrics. i hope this is it. if so please respond and enjoy

Recordare.
Judex est ventusurus,
cuncta cuncta stricte discusurus!

Tuba tusi tremor turus quando
judex stricte est venturus
resti quantus tremor turus quando
stricte stricte est venturus respa
judex est venturus
cuncta stricte discusurus sundex

Tuba mirum spargens sonum
per sepulchra regionum
coget.

Liber scriptus proferetur
continentur, unde mundus.
Judex ergo cum sedebit
apparebit, nil in ultum.

Tuba tus sum ego turus quando
judex est venturus coget
respa tura unde, tura unde
rati respa sula judex
respi quantus situ,
turus stricte discusurus!

Spargens ante, libera me, libera me, ante therne
Spargens ante, libera me, libera me, omnesi
Quantus tremor est futurus
quando judex est venturus, turus
quanda stricte est venturus
cuncta stricte discusurus!

Copyright © 1998-2017, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.