1. Avengers: Endgame
  4. Captain Marvel
 5. HTTYD: The Hidden World
6. The Lego Movie 2
     5. How to Train Your Dragon
   7. First Man
 9. Justice League
Comments about the soundtrack for Hannibal (Hans Zimmer)
opera

Shana
(141.238.102.226)

mike
mike again
Heath
opera   Saturday, February 10, 2001 (2:39 p.m.)

I was wondering if anyone knew any information about the opera that was in the movie--i don't think it's on the soundtrack and i am looking for it--it's georgeous. any help would be appreciated-thanks!

mike
(198.248.69.178)

Shana

Mike
Re: opera   Sunday, February 11, 2001 (1:21 p.m.)

check track #12. i don't have the sound track but i know that track 12 is the opera portion.
I want to find a cd with just that opera. I think it might be a mini-opera,
but only larger works have librettos such as operas and oratorios. I'm going to do a search of Patrick Cassady. The opera name is Vide Cor Meum.

> I was wondering if anyone knew any information about the opera that was in
> the movie--i don't think it's on the soundtrack and i am looking for
> it--it's georgeous. any help would be appreciated-thanks!

Mike
(slip-32-100-190-120.il.us.prserv.
net)

mike

Susan
Re: opera   Tuesday, February 13, 2001 (3:45 p.m.)

Thanks, all, for the info. The opera portion of he film was mesmerizing. Please update if anyone hears of a full recording....

Susan
(h-208-23-113-114.csinet.net)

Mike
Re: opera   Wednesday, February 28, 2001 (6:21 a.m.)

> Thanks, all, for the info. The opera portion of he film was mesmerizing.
> Please update if anyone hears of a full recording....

The opera stuck with me more than any other scene in the movie (even Ray Liota enjoying a taste of his own brain!). I came home and immediately started to search for the opera. I found on the Hannibal web site that Patrick Cassidy composed only the three-minute piece featured in the film, but that it was so well-received on the set that he is elaborating on it . Go to the official Hannibal film site for complete details. It is a lovely piece of music!

mike again
(198.248.69.178)

Shana

Shana
rosemary
Re: opera   Sunday, February 11, 2001 (2:19 p.m.)

Some more info:
Patrick cassIdy is an Irish harpist and composer. I don't think the Vide Cor Meum is on any recording now except the portion on the soundtrack. I would assume that it will be shortly if there is enough interest. His latest recording was "Deirdre of the Shadows" in 1998. He also has three other recordings: "Cruit", "The Children of Lir", and "Famine Rememberance" (an oratorio about a potato famine). Also, the recitative(I guess?) in the movie was performed by Danielle De Niese and Bruno Lazzaretti (an established opera singer) and the orchestra was the Lyndhurst Orch. cond. by Gavin Greenaway. I hope this helps. I'll post any new info. I hope we find what we are looking for shana.
mike

> I was wondering if anyone knew any information about the opera that was in
> the movie--i don't think it's on the soundtrack and i am looking for
> it--it's georgeous. any help would be appreciated-thanks!

Shana
(141.238.102.226)

mike again

Anna
Joo
OCS93
Re: opera   Sunday, February 11, 2001 (2:33 p.m.)

> Mike, thank you so much for posting this information!! I was excited enough to find the track online so I can listen to it whenever I want to, but it would be fantastic if there actually was a whole opera like that. If there isn't...well someone should definitely expand on that one excerpt!
Some more info:
Patrick cassIdy is an Irish harpist and composer. I
> don't think the Vide Cor Meum is on any recording now except the portion
> on the soundtrack. I would assume that it will be shortly if there is
> enough interest. His latest recording was "Deirdre of the
> Shadows" in 1998. He also has three other recordings:
> "Cruit", "The Children of Lir", and "Famine
> Rememberance" (an oratorio about a potato famine). Also, the
> recitative(I guess?) in the movie was performed by Danielle De Niese and
> Bruno Lazzaretti (an established opera singer) and the orchestra was the
> Lyndhurst Orch. cond. by Gavin Greenaway. I hope this helps. I'll post any
> new info. I hope we find what we are looking for shana.
mike

Anna
(spider-mtc-th044.proxy.aol.com)

Shana

Valerie
Lee
Re: opera   Sunday, February 11, 2001 (4:02 p.m.)

Shana:

Where did you find the excerpt from the opera on the internet? I have the soundtrack and #12 is an excerpt that was in the film, but I'm with you, I want MORE! This is an incredible piece of music!

Anna

Valerie
(sacome-cmt1-c4-66-30-7-103.maine.
rr.com)

Anna

Josh
Re: opera   Thursday, February 15, 2001 (11:36 p.m.)

> Shana:

> Where did you find the excerpt from the opera on the internet? I have the
> soundtrack and #12 is an excerpt that was in the film, but I'm with you, I
> want MORE! This is an incredible piece of music!

> Anna
I couldn't agree more! I have been searching for the name of the Opereta that was in the movie. I have NEVER been an opera fan before, but this one is so moving and beautiful. If anyone knows the name of that opera, or if it was really real. I would appreciate info.

Valerie

Josh
(nat210.175.mpoweredpc.net)
Valerie

mark
Re: opera   Friday, March 2, 2001 (8:37 p.m.)

I couldn't agree more! I have been searching for the name of the Opereta
> that was in the movie. I have NEVER been an opera fan before, but this one
> is so moving and beautiful. If anyone knows the name of that opera, or if
> it was really real. I would appreciate info.

> Valerie

It was composed specifically for the film, as near as I can tell. As for opera in general, I highly recommend Wagner's Ring Cycle, though it's VERY long. (It's comprised of four operas ranging in length from two to five hours, totalling 18.)

Josh

mark
(dm12.shol.com)

Josh

vege
Re: opera   Sunday, September 16, 2001 (2:10 p.m.)

you do know that patrick cassidy composed Vide Cor Meum from one of the Libretto's from Dante's "La Vita Nuova"
i love the song so much that I got the score and my choral quartet and I are singing it currently

vege
(cf3k-4.lqy.tsnz.net)

mark
Re: opera   Thursday, September 20, 2001 (11:48 p.m.)

> you do know that patrick cassidy composed Vide Cor Meum from one of the
> Libretto's from Dante's "La Vita Nuova"
i love the song so
> much that I got the score and my choral quartet and I are singing it
> currently

Where did you get the score from?? it's such an awesome song, there is nothing like it!

Lee
(213.235.55.21)

Anna
Re: opera   Friday, November 2, 2001 (2:30 a.m.)

> Shana:

I WOULD LOVE TO GET A HOLD OF THIS PART OF THE SOUNDTRACK, IM NOT AN OPERA LOVER BUT THIS BLEW ME AWAY - IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!

> Where did you find the excerpt from the opera on the internet? I have the
> soundtrack and #12 is an excerpt that was in the film, but I'm with you, I
> want MORE! This is an incredible piece of music!

> Anna

Joo
(inktomi1-cam.server.ntl.com)

Shana
More information?   Thursday, February 15, 2001 (7:17 a.m.)

Thank you all for the information -- but please do post more information about any other websites or name of specific albums about the opera! Thanks a million in advance!

OCS93
(p3ee3b7c9.dip.t-dialin.net)

Shana
Re: Look Poem in Hannibal   Monday, September 24, 2001 (12:57 p.m.)

Hello I am trying to find the poem that Dr. Lecter recited at the opera in Hannibal to the inspector"s wife. I love that poem. Please send me a link or where to find it. I purchased the soundtrack: It's GREAT!

Thanks,
OCS93

rosemary
(132.234.251.213)

mike again
Re: opera   Sunday, October 26, 2003 (4:27 a.m.)

its crazy how many people can be touched by the same thing. that opera was beautiful and patrick cassidy is truly gifted. all of us are searching for this piece because it has struck us at the very core of our beings, in exactly the same place. i guess some things are just that beautiful.

Heath
(159.212.119.9)

Shana
Re: opera   Friday, February 16, 2001 (9:17 a.m.)

>I would also appreicate any information on the opera; such as anywhere I can download it,anyone who may have it and is willing to share. Unfortunatly, the soundtrack only contains a very small portion of the opera. Any advide would be very appreciated-thank you!!
I was wondering if anyone knew any information about the opera that was in
> the movie--i don't think it's on the soundtrack and i am looking for
> it--it's georgeous. any help would be appreciated-thanks!

Copyright © 1998-2019, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.