SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Venom
    2. House With a Clock/Walls
   3. The Nun
  4. Crazy Rich Asians
 5. The Meg
6. Christopher Robin
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Edward Scissorhands
        2. Jurassic World: Kingdom
       3. Batman
      4. The Predator
     5. Gladiator
    6. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
   7. Solo: A Star Wars Story
  8. Apollo 13
 9. Ant-Man and the Wasp
10. The Equalizer 2
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
A great score deserves a *****

Amuro
<Send E-Mail>
(12-223-195-207.client.insightBB.c
om)
Profile Picture

  Responses to this Comment:
Jenny
A great score deserves a *****   Friday, March 7, 2003 (6:58 p.m.) 

this score is incredibly original. I have heard several Williams scores in my six months of being a fan, but Harry Potter was the first. I found this score to be incredible, and bursting with life. This made me go through a complete change to the point that I am made fun of because I want to be a film-compser. But I dont care mainly because of this score and several others. This score is very original, I mean listen to Star Wars Attack of the Clones or Schindler's List, I mean Harry Potter is completely different. You say it has no "magic" I think just the opposite. This score is bursting with magic, particularly in the "Platform Nine and Three quarters", "Mr. Longbottom Flies", and Quidditch Match" Cues. These cues alone make the score full of Magic and make this score worth a *****!

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Jenny
<Send E-Mail>
(proxy.tx.shawcable.net)

  In Response to:
Amuro

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: A great score deserves a *****   Monday, June 16, 2003 (11:23 a.m.) 

> this score is incredibly original. I have heard several Williams scores in
> my six months of being a fan, but Harry Potter was the first. I found this
> score to be incredible, and bursting with life. This made me go through a
> complete change to the point that I am made fun of because I want to be a
> film-compser. But I dont care mainly because of this score and several
> others. This score is very original, I mean listen to Star Wars Attack of
> the Clones or Schindler's List, I mean Harry Potter is completely
> different. You say it has no "magic" I think just the opposite.
> This score is bursting with magic, particularly in the "Platform Nine
> and Three quarters", "Mr. Longbottom Flies", and Quidditch
> Match" Cues. These cues alone make the score full of Magic and make
> this score worth a *****!
You said exactly what I've been thinking ever since I first got into soundtracks. If you listen carefully to certain composers music, you catch snatches of music that was used in other movies that they did. But no matter how many times I listen to this soundtrack, I can't find a trace of Star Wars or Schindler's List or any other movie he has done.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-158-77.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Jenny

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: A great score deserves a *****   Monday, June 16, 2003 (8:25 p.m.) 

You said exactly what I've been thinking ever since I first got into
> soundtracks. If you listen carefully to certain composers music, you catch
> snatches of music that was used in other movies that they did. But no
> matter how many times I listen to this soundtrack, I can't find a trace of
> Star Wars or Schindler's List or any other movie he has done.

Really? I can hear them all, but I just think that if its good whats wrong with recycling a little? It will save the earth...


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-158-77.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Amuro

  Responses to this Comment:
krazie835
Re: A great score deserves a *****   Tuesday, June 17, 2003 (1:39 p.m.) 

> You said exactly what I've been thinking ever since I first got into

> Really? I can hear them all, but I just think that if its good whats wrong
> with recycling a little? It will save the earth...

I didn't hear them at first but after listening to it about 200 times I started to hear the older themes.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


krazie835
<Send E-Mail>
(adsl-76-211-219-112.dsl.hrlntx.sb
cglobal.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Amuro

  Responses to this Comment:
TheDoppel
Re: A great score deserves a *****   Saturday, December 29, 2007 (2:08 a.m.) 

> I didn't hear them at first but after listening to it about 200 times I
> started to hear the older themes.

The recycling of themes is done more often than you all might think. The fact that it is done so much is what bothers people somtimes because after a while they would like to hear something new and not just rehashed material.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


TheDoppel
<Send E-Mail>
(nv-67-232-144-47.dhcp.embarqhsd.n
et)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
krazie835
Re: A great score deserves a *****   Monday, May 22, 2017 (7:41 a.m.) 

> The recycling of themes is done more often than you all might think. The
> fact that it is done so much is what bothers people sometimes because after
> a while they would like to hear something new and not just rehashed
> material.

What I don't think many people understand is that the "recycling" of themes isn't really done on purpose (more often than not, anyway). There are certain musical sensibilities that are inherent to a composer whether they like it or not—it's not something that's easy to escape. It'd be more surprising if a composer's scores didn't have anything in common.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.