SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Transformers: Last Knight
    2. Cars 3
   3. The Mummy
  4. Wonder Woman
 5. POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales
6. Alien: Covenant


   CURRENT BEST-SELLING SCORES:
       1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
      2. Fantastic Beasts/Find Them
     3. Willow
    4. The Ghost and the Darkness
   5. An American Tail
  6. The Wind and the Lion
 7. Doctor Strange
8. 10 Cloverfield Lane
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: Force Awakens
        2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
       3. Titanic
      4. Avatar
     5. Nineteen Eighty-Four
    6. Gladiator
   7. Star Wars: A New Hope
  8. Animal Farm
 9. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
10. Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Home on the Range (Alan Menken)
oh god, he's back...

John
(rev-134-3.picture.com.br)


  Responses to this Comment:
WindCloud
Jason Bourne
Lyle
oh god, he's back...   Wednesday, April 14, 2004 (3:44 p.m.) 

Why? Zimmer was wonderful scoring for Disney, and now, for no reason Menken's back. I think Disney felt a little fear because Menken had won Oscars, and probably Acadedemy Awards couldn't nominee Menken's score again. But with scores that are incompatibles to "Academy Awards standard", they just kick out Zimmer and called back Menken...That is Disney...

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


WindCloud
(cache-dtc-ad16.proxy.aol.com)

  In Response to:
John
Re: oh god, he's back...   Saturday, April 17, 2004 (7:03 p.m.) 

> Why? Zimmer was wonderful scoring for Disney, and now, for no reason
> Menken's back. I think Disney felt a little fear because Menken had won
> Oscars, and probably Acadedemy Awards couldn't nominee Menken's score
> again. But with scores that are incompatibles to "Academy Awards
> standard", they just kick out Zimmer and called back Menken...That is
> Disney...

im sorry...im not sure what your point is....

it seems you're somewhat misinformed...


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Jason Bourne
(0-1pool110-108.nas6.memphis1.tn.u
s.da.qwest.net)

  In Response to:
John

  Responses to this Comment:
John
Re: oh god, he's back...   Thursday, April 22, 2004 (11:27 a.m.) 

For your information loser, Zimmer scored only 1 film for the Disney animated movies, The Lion King. Yes, he won the Oscar for that score, which is not his best one either. Menken is King of the Disney musicals (earning 8 Oscars total),so why the ##### can't they get him back to compose another animated movie?
I've heard a few of the songs from the soundtrack,and I think they sound great. Another thing, I really can't see Zimmer writing songs to a Disney animated movie. But that's just me.
J. Bourne

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


John
(200-98-52-196.tlf.dialuol.com.br)

  In Response to:
Jason Bourne

  Responses to this Comment:
47
Re: oh god, he's back...   Saturday, April 24, 2004 (12:20 p.m.) 

Don't get steamed up. I think misunderstood what I said. Both Zimmner and Menken scored great for Disney's animated movies. But I think Disney could get Zimmer to score again because as you should know Academy Awards don't like give a lot of Oscar to one individual. I mean besides Menken's talent he hardly will get another Oscar and Disney see it as threat because Disney's soundtracks movies was always the big cheese on Oscar Ceremony.
I'm altogether Menken back to score for Disney's films, but Zimmer showed he is able to compose to animated movies as well as Menken.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


47
(pcp06586504pcs.nrockv01.md.comcas
t.net)

  In Response to:
John
Re: oh god, he's back...   Thursday, May 13, 2004 (7:06 p.m.) 

> Don't get steamed up. I think misunderstood what I said. Both Zimmner and
> Menken scored great for Disney's animated movies. But I think Disney could
> get Zimmer to score again because as you should know Academy Awards don't
> like give a lot of Oscar to one individual. I mean besides Menken's talent
> he hardly will get another Oscar and Disney see it as threat because
> Disney's soundtracks movies was always the big cheese on Oscar Ceremony.
>
I'm altogether Menken back to score for Disney's films, but Zimmer
> showed he is able to compose to animated movies as well as Menken.

Actually Hans should stop working on films and go score video games or porno flicks.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Lyle
<Send E-Mail>
(cpe0006259f0003-cm014210001421.cp
e.net.cable.rogers.com)

  In Response to:
John
Re: oh god, he's back...   Sunday, May 2, 2004 (7:56 p.m.) 

> Why? Zimmer was wonderful scoring for Disney, and now, for no reason
> Menken's back. I think Disney felt a little fear because Menken had won
> Oscars, and probably Acadedemy Awards couldn't nominee Menken's score
> again. But with scores that are incompatibles to "Academy Awards
> standard", they just kick out Zimmer and called back Menken...That is
> Disney...

Both Menken and Zimmer are uniquely talented. But in a slapstick/klight-hearted musical, Menken is the more appropriate choice. Zimmer's score and song contribution did well for the serious type annimated movies (Lion King, Prince of Egypt) but did't translate well into the 'goofy' ones (El Dorado). And as for Menken, his venture into the drak and serious (Pocahontas and Hunchback) did not exactly do well either, as opposed to Aladdin or The Little Mermaid (Hercules being his least and Beauty being a middle ground). Besides, I read that Menken's style is to write the melody AFTER the lyrics (evident when comparing his works with Ashman and Schwartz). OT: Menken's first and only(?) 'melody first' song was Colors of the Wind, hence the fact that it's the only Menken/Schwartz song ever to get nomminated and win for an Oscar.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2017, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.