SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Transformers: Last Knight
    2. Cars 3
   3. The Mummy
  4. Wonder Woman
 5. POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales
6. Alien: Covenant


   CURRENT BEST-SELLING SCORES:
       1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
      2. Fantastic Beasts/Find Them
     3. Willow
    4. The Ghost and the Darkness
   5. An American Tail
  6. The Wind and the Lion
 7. Doctor Strange
8. 10 Cloverfield Lane
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: Force Awakens
        2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
       3. Titanic
      4. Avatar
     5. Nineteen Eighty-Four
    6. Gladiator
   7. Star Wars: A New Hope
  8. Animal Farm
 9. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
10. Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Il Postino (Luis Bacalov)
Can't believe it beat Horner's Braveheart.

Ethan Edwards
<Send E-Mail>
(proxy1.cc.biu.ac.il)


  Responses to this Comment:
nyze aziz
Can't believe it beat Horner's Braveheart.   Tuesday, September 2, 2003 (3:56 p.m.) 

I Can't believe it beat Horner's Braveheart. It's really a disgrace to the academy.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


nyze aziz
<Send E-Mail>
(219.92.36.173)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Ethan Edwards

  Responses to this Comment:
Sherlock
No! It's not.   Wednesday, September 3, 2003 (5:27 a.m.) 

i dont think its gave a disgrace to academy coz i think its a excellent score.

i didnt say that braveheart score not good, i just wanna say that its a tough competition between il postino, braveheart,, and apollo 13.

this is b'coz, i've heard all of the nominees for best original score for that year.

il postino n braveheart are among two perfect n excellent scores.

a/way, im quite confused coz how crouchin tiger hidden dragon won the oscar even gladiator score is far more better than it.hmmmmmm


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Sherlock
<Send E-Mail>
(adsl-69-228-55-202.dsl.irvnca.pac
bell.net)

  In Response to:
nyze aziz

  Responses to this Comment:
Robye
Re: No! It's not.   Friday, July 28, 2006 (11:30 p.m.) 

> i dont think its gave a disgrace to academy coz i think its a excellent
> score.

> i didnt say that braveheart score not good, i just wanna say that its a
> tough competition between il postino, braveheart,, and apollo 13.

> this is b'coz, i've heard all of the nominees for best original score for
> that year.

> il postino n braveheart are among two perfect n excellent scores.

> a/way, im quite confused coz how crouchin tiger hidden dragon won the
> oscar even gladiator score is far more better than it.hmmmmmm

I totally agree with your comment about Gladiator. I also feel the same way about oscar 2006. To me, Pride & Prejudice is a LOT better than Brokeback Mountain.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Robye
<Send E-Mail>
(dynamic-acs-24-239-108-89.zoomint
ernet.net)

  In Response to:
Sherlock

  Responses to this Comment:
Hannah
Re: No! It's not.   Sunday, January 27, 2008 (6:58 p.m.) 

> I totally agree with your comment about Gladiator. I also feel the same
> way about oscar 2006. To me, Pride & Prejudice is a LOT better than
> Brokeback Mountain.

While I agree that Horner may have been at a loss, so to speak, I do not believe that Gladiator was a score worthy of an Oscar. While all the MediaVentures scores are intensely satisfying in their bravado and limited catchy thematic developments, none of them, especially Gladiator, deserve even an Oscar nod.

While I believe that entertainment should undoubtedly be a factor in whether a score is effective, at what cost? Do we sacrifice intellect for id? I sincerely hope not.

Oscars aren't always given to the most beautiful score, or the most heartwarming or the most action-packed, they are, well, SHOULD be given to the most intelligent score that manages to maintain its thematic and melodic purity on album as an entertaining whole.

So in my opinion, Gladiator is a hype score with a catchy title melody that did not deserve to be nominated. I love Alan Menken but I don't belive his Best Oscar nods were necessarily deserved ones.

As for Brokeback Mountain and Pride and Prejudice, I believe either was worthy of the Oscar. Both were intelligent and harmonious.

Sorry for the novella, I just had to speak my piece about Gladiator. It gets so much credit for so little effort.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Hannah
<Send E-Mail>
(c-98-208-169-204.hsd1.fl.comcast.
net)

  In Response to:
Robye
Re: No! It's not.   Friday, January 23, 2009 (5:46 p.m.) 

> While I agree that Horner may have been at a loss, so to speak, I do not
> believe that Gladiator was a score worthy of an Oscar. While all the
> MediaVentures scores are intensely satisfying in their bravado and limited
> catchy thematic developments, none of them, especially Gladiator, deserve
> even an Oscar nod.

> While I believe that entertainment should undoubtedly be a factor in
> whether a score is effective, at what cost? Do we sacrifice intellect for
> id? I sincerely hope not.

> Oscars aren't always given to the most beautiful score, or the most
> heartwarming or the most action-packed, they are, well, SHOULD be given to
> the most intelligent score that manages to maintain its thematic and
> melodic purity on album as an entertaining whole.

> So in my opinion, Gladiator is a hype score with a catchy title melody
> that did not deserve to be nominated. I love Alan Menken but I don't
> belive his Best Oscar nods were necessarily deserved ones.

> As for Brokeback Mountain and Pride and Prejudice, I believe either was
> worthy of the Oscar. Both were intelligent and harmonious.

> Sorry for the novella, I just had to speak my piece about Gladiator. It
> gets so much credit for so little effort.

Well explained, I couldn't agree more or say it better for myself.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2017, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.