SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Avengers: Endgame
    2. Shazam!
   3. Dumbo
  4. Captain Marvel
 5. HTTYD: The Hidden World
6. The Lego Movie 2
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Batman
        2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
       3. Apollo 13
      4. Edward Scissorhands
     5. How to Train Your Dragon
    6. Jurassic World: Kingdom
   7. First Man
  8. Solo: A Star Wars Story
 9. Justice League
10. Ready Player One
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for The Last Samurai (Hans Zimmer)

Edit | Delete
Re: The entire Last Samurai score is available in free, high-quality mp3's
• Posted by: Andrew Kelley   <Send E-Mail>
• Date: Sunday, January 4, 2004, at 4:20 p.m.
• IP Address: 24-116-171-106.cpe.cableone.net
• In Response to: Re: The entire Last Samurai score is available... (Jérémy Defrère)

> I ignore why Christians always feel compelled to make us read their
> non-sense about religion. At least, respect people and their choices, and
> for they do not want to read that kind of crap, especially on a page
> devoted to film music. As you do not hesitate to provide us with your
> opinions, I will also let you know mine own (so be prepared for my full
> story, let me warn that you are not going to like it, though), I will even
> take myself as an example: I am no believer ; this, you must have had the
> privilege of noticing it, okay, all I think is that, some time ago, a
> group of fanatics - with too much time on their hands - or nutters (pick
> one option) decided to create, rather "invent" some sacred
> religion, just for fun, see how far their ramblings are going to go, see
> if it might work. So they started to write "holy" texts
> regarding what people should believe in, their "beliefs",
> implementing all kinds of stuff (terms, metaphors, New Testament, ...)
> with lots of instances. After that, another generation of fanatics
> succeeded this newborn tradition, adding brand new sh!t to the already
> existing sh!t, to have what you believers call "religion" look
> more interesting, more "believable", so they went on writing
> those texts, sometimes enhancing them, the tradition was thus carried on,
> and somehow perpetuated. And here we are, 2003 AD, we have all sorts of
> religions (and which, at the same time, that requires a bunch of jerks
> believing all that as well), that is, a load of rubbish trying to have us
> humans live by an amount of rules, so that humankind lives in peace, a
> form of salvation, so that we can be "forgiven", you claim. And
> if we dare disobey those rules, too bad, crikey, our soul goes to hell,
> unfortunately. Now, you listen to me. Give me one single and lousy reason
> why I should believe this useless talk of yours. Only one. Because it is
> worth it to believe in something??? Please! No, you stay, our discussion
> is not over yet, now is your turn to listen to what I have to say. If you
> ask me what, I will tell you that religions are sects, of which you are a
> prisoner, with boundaries and walls. And that is the difference between
> you and me, I do not want to be locked up in a room, I do wish to be a
> free man, who has the constant opportunity of making his own decisions and
> choices, who has the right to believe what his heart wants to tell him.
> Because I am a free man, so is my mind. Hell yeah I believe, indeed. But
> not in what you people desperately coerce me into believing. I believe in
> certain things, obviously. I believe in the depth of the human soul, the
> search of myself, looking for my own responses and inner peace. I believe
> in nature, which is our mother, I listen to her words. I believe humankind
> is capable of great things. I believe in many other things. What is my
> religion, in the end? My own quest for my own responses, responses which
> happen to be true FOR MYSELF, but it does not mean they must be functional
> for the others around me. And do I have to make people believe my ideas?
> No. Three simple words I want you to memorize : Freedom Of Thought. As
> long as religions keep on existing, we will not live happily.

> Moreover, let me remind you, who are responsible for this post, that this
> is a soundtrack Website, not "Forgive me, my God 2.0". I hope
> Christian Clemmensen will delete your post, or will point out its pathetic
> stupidity.

First let me state that I totally disagree with what got this all started. Trickery is not a method of my Lord Jesus. Trickery, lies, and deciet are the ways of the Devil. My apologies to you all for this act by one that claims to be one of my bretheren. I will say this. I also do not subscribe to religion because religion teaches man that he can acheive heaven through works. The way to heaven is a gift from God that must be accepted with a conscious decision made with the free will given to all man by God. My life is not run by some rediculous set of overbearing rules made up by men. That is the lie fed to all that have not heard the gospel. The inability of man to live up to the laws of God is the reason that God came to earth in the form of Jesus and lived the only perfect life in order to die as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. So you see, religion has nothing to do with salvation.In fact the Bible teaches against being of a religious spirit. Do you know why God had the Bible written? So any man could look for himself and see. Take no man's word for what the Bible says. NO MAN. Check for yourself. I mean look at it this way, do you really take some movie critics word on a film or do you look for yourself. One last question? What if I'm right and there is a heaven and a hell?




Comments in this Thread:     Expand >>


Copyright © 1998-2019, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.