1. Transformers: Last Knight

1. Star Wars: Force Awakens
        2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
     5. Nineteen Eighty-Four
   7. Star Wars: A New Hope
  8. Animal Farm
 9. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?

Matt Spangler
(c-24-17-22-254.client.comcast.net)

Jamie
Brian
brian
Dan Willey
Joel Stair
Jonathan Broxton
Joel Stair
Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Thursday, July 8, 2004 (1:08 p.m.)

Does anyone know what kind of flute or Irish whistle was used on the solo for Concerning Hobbits in the first LOTR soundtrack? If someone knows, I am also curious about the variations in this type of instrument, in regard to cost and build quality, that I assume would effect the sound. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Jamie
(h000c413dbf93.ne.client2.attbi.co

Matt Spangler
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Thursday, July 8, 2004 (6:30 p.m.)

That would be a recorder, not a whistle. I am almost positive of this. I'm not certain, though, so no one yell at me if I'm wrong.

Brian
(69.158.57.131)

Matt Spangler

Joel Andrew Stair
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Friday, July 30, 2004 (9:52 p.m.)

>I came on trying to answer this same question. I was fooling around with my irish tin whistle(a common irish instrument) and i tried to play the LOTR hobbit theme. It sounded pretty close to the track in the movie

Joel Andrew Stair
(h156.220.141.67.ip.alltel.net)

Brian
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Wednesday, June 8, 2005 (4:08 p.m.)

I have seen all of you say that its this and that.
I do not know what it is but I have an
Original Irish Whistle D tuned. Mand by Feadog in Ireland.
I was playing around with it and came up with a few notes that may be what you all are looking for. If this does not work right you can email me at dstair2002@yahoo.com Here goes nothing. Ok / is underlined accept on opened 5 it means 0/5 the first hole is not covered.

6 5 4 3 2 1 0 0/5 5/ 4/ 3/ 2/ 1/ 0/2

AGAIN IF THIS DOES NOT WORK EMAIL ME
HAVE A BLESSED DAY
Éireann go Brách

brian
(69.158.57.131)

Matt Spangler
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Friday, July 30, 2004 (9:57 p.m.)

i tested it to the original track with the irish tin whistle(penny whistle) and i am absolutely sure it is the whistle in use.

Dan Willey
(132.208.252.64.snet.net)

Matt Spangler

Heather
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Thursday, August 19, 2004 (9:22 a.m.)

The instrument is most definitely an irish whistle, tuned to the key of D.

Heather
(0-1pool151-243.nas3.roanoke2.va.u
s.da.qwest.net)

Dan Willey

BdG
austin
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Monday, November 15, 2004 (7:18 p.m.)

Does anyone have the sheet music for 'Concerning Hobbits' for the Irish Tin Whistle in D?? If so could you please send it to me? Thanks so much!! Have a great day!! Oh, also if anyone has this song or any of the others from the Fellowship of the Ring for Violin, could you please send it to me too? I can't find it anywhere! It's really frustrating! Thanks again!!!

> The instrument is most definitely an irish whistle, tuned to the key of D.

BdG
(westford-nat.juniper.net)

Heather
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Wednesday, February 2, 2005 (1:46 p.m.)

> Does anyone have the sheet music for 'Concerning Hobbits' for the Irish
> Tin Whistle in D?? If so could you please send it to me? Thanks so much!!
> Have a great day!! Oh, also if anyone has this song or any of the others
> from the Fellowship of the Ring for Violin, could you please send it to me
> too? I can't find it anywhere! It's really frustrating! Thanks again!!!

Sorry, no joy on the sheet music, but I cam across this while looking up a Celtic band named Grada:

"Alan Doherty (flute/whistles/pipes) Alan has been in huge demand since his lead role in The Lord of the Rings soundtrack. He has just returned from a lengthy playing stint in Australasia and Europe. Highlights included a lead billing at the Woodford folk festival (Australia’s largest) and support acts for Joe Cocker, Blondie and, oddly enough, Metallica."

austin
(ip68-9-201-23.ri.ri.cox.net)

Heather
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Thursday, July 14, 2005 (4:36 p.m.)

If I am not mistaken, the Whistle is a Generation D.

Joel Stair
(h156.220.141.67.ip.alltel.net)

Matt Spangler
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Wednesday, June 8, 2005 (4:10 p.m.)

I have seen all of you say that its this and that.
I do not know what it is but I have an
Original Irish Whistle D tuned. Mand by Feadog in Ireland.

6 5 4 3 2 1 0 0/5 5/ 4/ 3/ 2/ 1/ 0/2

HAVE A BLESSED DAY
Éireann go Brách

Jonathan Broxton
(63.166.226.115)
Matt Spangler

Christian Kühn
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Friday, February 17, 2006 (9:52 a.m.)

It's a pennywhistle.

How do I know this? Because I was in the recording studio with Howard Shore when he re-recorded this piece for the extended DVD version of the movie.

Jonathan

> Does anyone know what kind of flute or Irish whistle was used on the solo
> for Concerning Hobbits in the first LOTR soundtrack? If someone knows, I
> am also curious about the variations in this type of instrument, in regard
> to cost and build quality, that I assume would effect the sound. Any help
> on this would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
Matt

Christian Kühn
(p85.212.159.250.tisdip.tiscali.de)
Jonathan Broxton
And thus, all Thy questions shall be answered forthwith...   Friday, February 17, 2006 (1:50 p.m.)

...:D

CK

Joel Stair
(h126.102.90.75.dynamic.ip.windstr
eam.net)

Matt Spangler

thaina silveira
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Friday, February 12, 2010 (3:30 p.m.)

TIN WHISTLE Here are the correct notes Please see the Links also.

6 5 4 2 4 5 6
6 4 2 1 *0/5 *0/3 2 3pound 4pound 5
6 5 4 2 4 2 4pound 5 6
6 4 2slide 1 0 1 2 3 5pound 6

Please see the link to

please see the note link also http://tradschool.com/en/fiche_de_doigtes_pour_tin_whistle.html

thaina silveira
(187.59.164.140.static.host.gvt.ne
t.br)

Joel Stair
Re: Flute or Irish Whistle on Concerning Hobbits?   Saturday, January 1, 2011 (2:37 p.m.)

>I think i find
i'm just bought my whistle, and i'm printing some sheet songs and was realy hard to find that one.
i'm not sure if it's right because i didn't play yet but just check out and you tell me ;D

the link for the sheet music is almost in the end of the page ^^
hope this help

Copyright © 1998-2017, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.