1. Transformers: Last Knight

1. Star Wars: Force Awakens
        2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
     5. Nineteen Eighty-Four
   7. Star Wars: A New Hope
  8. Animal Farm
 9. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
the most haunting moment on the record is..

DerekFlint
(paszkal.pressenter.com)

Chris Sullivan
Urambo Tauro
Narendur
Leinad
Bachus
Daniel
the most haunting moment on the record is..   Saturday, April 19, 2003 (5:56 p.m.)

the hornburg from :45 seconds to 1:45 seconds... i listen to it over and over its like the climax of the CD. simply brilliant

Chris Sullivan
(146.145.228.234)

DerekFlint

kelly
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Sunday, April 20, 2003 (6:02 p.m.)

> the hornburg from :45 seconds to 1:45 seconds... i listen to it over and
> over its like the climax of the CD. simply brilliant

Yes, that IS good....HOWEVER...I must protest! I think the entire track of "Forth Eorlingas!!!" and the "Treebeard speech and beyond" portion of Isengard Unleased are the best tracks EVER on a soundtrack (right there with the flying scenes from "hook") I do like that minute you spoke of though...cool!

kelly
(h-67-100-49-124.nycmny83.dynamic.
covad.net)

Chris Sullivan

apollox
Sarah
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Saturday, October 11, 2003 (3:19 p.m.)

I think the best tracks are Forth Eorlingas and Isengard Unleashed. Ben Del Maestro is amazing. That's all there is to it. Especially in Forth Eorlingas, after Ben Del Maestro's solo, there's a very well placed fan-fare. In Isengard Unleashed, the best part is at 2:07 to the end. The vocals are very well placed, and again, there is a solo by Ben Del Maestro. Simply awesome. The music is amazing on both of these tracks. The Two Towers soundtrack, I think, is better than The Fellowship of the Ring. It was plaaced in the movie better, and it was more intense; it also went better with the scenes that they played with. Howard Shore is so gifted.

apollox
(ti500710a080-0638.bb.online.no)

kelly

Atlantis
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Saturday, October 18, 2003 (4:45 p.m.)

I must agree with Forth Eorlingas beeing one of the best cues in the film... Along with Riders of Rohan and Evenstar. All the Tracks are incredible, but I find myself listening to King of the Golden hall, over and over again. Especially from 0.35 to 1.35, where the Hardanger fiddle plays the Rohan theme.

Atlantis
(0x503ef630.virnxx12.adsl.tele.dk)

apollox

Amuro
B,nan
The lament to Theodre   Saturday, December 20, 2003 (9:11 p.m.)

All songs are REALLY ginuis.. -ALL of them
BUT
There is this part where Eowyn sings (only in ext ver.) a song for Theodred at his funeral! Its sooo damn nice and the best part ever in the hole movie..!! But i canīt find this part anywhere and it ainīt on the soundtrack either
Can anyone help me??

Amuro
(12-222-16-223.client.insightbb.co
Atlantis
Re: The lament to Theodre   Tuesday, January 6, 2004 (6:39 p.m.)

> All songs are REALLY ginuis.. -ALL of them
BUT
There is this
> part where Eowyn sings (only in ext ver.) a song for Theodred at his
> funeral! Its sooo damn nice and the best part ever in the hole movie..!!
> But i canīt find this part anywhere and it ainīt on the soundtrack either
Can anyone help me??

I thought that was bad... I really don't think, that Eowyn was meant to sing... But the most haunting point on the soundtrack is in "The Riders of Rohan" when you hear the fiddle playing the Rohan theme... FOR THE FIRST TIME! Its incredible! But the best part is in "The Hornburg" when the Lorien theme from FOTR is used as a march on Horn and low brass, with the drums in the background... pure awesomeness!!! Just my take on stuff, sorry if I offened anyone with my comments on Eowyn...

Amuro

B,nan
(69.51.151.90)

Atlantis
Re: The lament to Theodre   Saturday, January 17, 2004 (10:15 a.m.)

I would really have to say the best part of the CD is definately the song Evenstar. The vocal are absolutely amazing and it makes my want to cry every time i hear it. Also, the last part of Breath of Life- from 1:05 to the end-is sweet. it is such an uplifting part in the CD.....it makes me want to go out and ride a horse as fast as i can...HAHAHA

Sarah
(c207.134.89-114.clta.telus.com)
kelly

Erik
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Tuesday, October 21, 2003 (12:29 p.m.)

> You people are all forgetting: at the end of track 12, 'Helm's Deep', there is but a few seconds of a woman singing. In the movie, it corresponds to the part where, after the Warg attack, Gimli (wrongly)tells Eowyn at Helm's Deep that Aragorn is dead. This part, definitely, is the most haunting moment of the soundtrack (even more so than Evenstar), and one of the most touching parts of the movie. I wonder, could any of you tell me why the woman singing is not credited on the album?
Thanks in advance.

Erik
(12.105.86.248)
Sarah
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Tuesday, January 4, 2005 (9:45 a.m.)

Hi Sarah.

I think the soloist at the ends of Helm's Deep is Isabel Bayrakdarian, the same soloist on Evenstar. Same vocal style.

Erik

Thanks in advance.

Urambo Tauro
(cache-rp08.proxy.aol.com)

DerekFlint
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Tuesday, April 22, 2003 (7:43 p.m.)

That's the music played as Theoden laments, "Where is the horse and the rider?"
Very good music indeed.

Narendur
(2.vauban.fr.studentenwohnheim-bw.
de)
DerekFlint
Hehehe.....I, too, consider this minute to be most wonderful! *NM*   Saturday, May 17, 2003 (6:13 a.m.)

Leinad
(dialup-67.73.170.177.Dial1.Chicag
o1.Level3.net)

DerekFlint

mrjoanofarc
Taran Gingery
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Tuesday, July 15, 2003 (10:10 a.m.)

> the hornburg from :45 seconds to 1:45 seconds... i listen to it over and
> over its like the climax of the CD. simply brilliant

Ah, I disagree. To me the biggest climax in both movie and music happens with track 16 "Forth Eorlingas", especially from 1:00 to the end. There are two specific parts that give me chills every single time I listen to them, both because of the visual and storyline content associated with that part of the movie and because of Howard Shore's musical genius - the music that begins at 1:24 (the trumpet/horn fanfare) and the music of 2:14 (the boy soprano). The particular pairing of the boy soprano with the visual of the panning battle landscape put me in awe. I think this is one of the most incredible movies I have ever seen.

mrjoanofarc
(msfc03-dai-tx-30-92.rasserver.net)

Leinad

Nathan Busch
YES! Forth Eorlingas... Ben Del Maestro is awesome   Tuesday, July 29, 2003 (1:28 p.m.)

> Ah, I disagree. To me the biggest climax in both movie and music happens
> with track 16 "Forth Eorlingas", especially from 1:00 to the
> end. There are two specific parts that give me chills every single time I
> listen to them, both because of the visual and storyline content
> associated with that part of the movie and because of Howard Shore's
> musical genius - the music that begins at 1:24 (the trumpet/horn fanfare)
> and the music of 2:14 (the boy soprano). The particular pairing of the boy
> soprano with the visual of the panning battle landscape put me in awe. I
> think this is one of the most incredible movies I have ever seen.

Ben Del Maestro's voice soaring over the beating drums... awesome. Gandalf galloping on horseback down the mountain, classic moments.

Nathan Busch
(pcp07745495pcs.nrockv01.md.comcas
t.net)

mrjoanofarc
Re: YES! Forth Eorlingas... Ben Del Maestro is awesome   Friday, July 23, 2004 (7:25 p.m.)

> Ben Del Maestro's voice soaring over the beating drums... awesome. Gandalf
> galloping on horseback down the mountain, classic moments.
Yes thats true but sometimes i have the feeling that howard shore got a bit lost in is own phantasies and he didn't completely let the movie inspire his work. although only sometimes, it sure is kind of annoying to listen to it in the soundtrack. It's hard to notice while watching the film often.

Taran Gingery
(195.58.240.89)

Leinad
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Tuesday, August 12, 2003 (4:31 a.m.)

> Ah, I disagree. To me the biggest climax in both movie and music happens
> with track 16 "Forth Eorlingas", especially from 1:00 to the
> end. There are two specific parts that give me chills every single time I
> listen to them, both because of the visual and storyline content
> associated with that part of the movie and because of Howard Shore's
> musical genius - the music that begins at 1:24 (the trumpet/horn fanfare)
> and the music of 2:14 (the boy soprano). The particular pairing of the boy
> soprano with the visual of the panning battle landscape put me in awe. I
> think this is one of the most incredible movies I have ever seen.

I agree entirely. The best track on the CD is most definitely ‘Forth Eorlingas’. The power and beauty of this track, especially the last 1:00 of it, puts the rest of the music to shame and it always manages to put a stop to whatever I am doing so I can listen to it. Definitely one of the best movies and soundtracks ever.

Bachus
(pe157.przasnysz.sdi.tpnet.pl)

DerekFlint
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Saturday, August 16, 2003 (3:16 p.m.)

> the hornburg from :45 seconds to 1:45 seconds... i listen to it over and
> over its like the climax of the CD. simply brilliant

Yes, this minute is one of the nicer ones, but why is everyone forgeting about gollums song? It gives me the chills whenever i hear it. Furthermore, there are a few seconds in foudations of stone that start at 3:32 which are absolutely briliant, and of which I am hoping to hear more in the return of the king.

Daniel
(host13-185.pool62211.interbusines
s.it)
DerekFlint
Re: the most haunting moment on the record is..   Monday, August 25, 2003 (1:29 a.m.)

> the hornburg from :45 seconds to 1:45 seconds... i listen to it over and
> over its like the climax of the CD. simply brilliant

The hornburg is fantastic, but I think that the most amazing part in the album is the track 17 -Isengard Unleashed- from 2:10 to the end, I call that part "The Ents March"! -Daniel-

Copyright © 1998-2017, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.