SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Transformers: Last Knight
    2. Cars 3
   3. The Mummy
  4. Wonder Woman
 5. POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales
6. Alien: Covenant


   CURRENT BEST-SELLING SCORES:
       1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
      2. Fantastic Beasts/Find Them
     3. Willow
    4. The Ghost and the Darkness
   5. An American Tail
  6. The Wind and the Lion
 7. Doctor Strange
8. 10 Cloverfield Lane
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: Force Awakens
        2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
       3. Titanic
      4. Avatar
     5. Nineteen Eighty-Four
    6. Gladiator
   7. Star Wars: A New Hope
  8. Animal Farm
 9. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
10. Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
LOTR Chorus...

Sarah
<Send E-Mail>
(adsl-64-165-71-178.dsl.scrm01.pac
bell.net)
Profile Picture

  Responses to this Comment:
Stefancos
Phoney McRingRing
Christian Khn
LOTR Chorus...   Sunday, January 5, 2003 (8:08 p.m.) 

Does anyone know which choir is singing throughout the first LOTR soundtrack????Also...who does the vocals for the end of the song "The Bridge of Khazad Dum" on the first LOTR soundtrack?...Just curious...since the soundtrack does not list it...:)

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Stefancos
<Send E-Mail>
(qn-213-73-242-226.quicknet.nl)

  In Response to:
Sarah

  Responses to this Comment:
Igelese Ete
Re: LOTR Chorus...   Monday, January 6, 2003 (4:02 p.m.) 

> Does anyone know which choir is singing throughout the first LOTR
> soundtrack????Also...who does the vocals for the end of the song "The
> Bridge of Khazad Dum" on the first LOTR soundtrack?...Just
> curious...since the soundtrack does not list it...:)

If i'm not mistaken the Bridge Of Khazan Dum cue employs FAKE dwarfish singins, so i'm guessing the words do not really have any meaning.
It does sound cool, though.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Igelese Ete
<Send E-Mail>
(210-55-152-132.dialup.xtra.co.nz)

  In Response to:
Stefancos

  Responses to this Comment:
xian_souljah
Re: LOTR Chorus...   Saturday, January 17, 2004 (5:55 a.m.) 

> If i'm not mistaken the Bridge Of Khazan Dum cue employs FAKE dwarfish
> singins, so i'm guessing the words do not really have any meaning.
It
> does sound cool, though.

Greetings,

Just stumbled across this one, just to confirm the Mens choir I selected from Wellington NZ, a mens choir of Samoan/Maori/Kiwi singers quite a fabulous mix. Words were the real thing - Dwarvish text- I was the choirmaster whom recorded/selected/conducted the choir for the Mines of Moria scenes- and a real honour to work with the 2 genuise's....Howard Shore & Peter Jackson & Yes Mabel Faletolu was the soloists for Gandalf's lament.

Hope that confirms a few queries.

And go Howard for another Oscar !!!

Best Wishes
Igelese

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


xian_souljah
(cache1.usp.ac.fj)

  In Response to:
Igelese Ete
Re: LOTR Chorus...   Monday, December 19, 2005 (7:25 p.m.) 

wazzup yo ..he he ...adios

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Phoney McRingRing
(24-197-209-134.roc.mn.charter.com)

  In Response to:
Sarah

  Responses to this Comment:
A.C
Re: LOTR Chorus...   Monday, January 6, 2003 (10:00 p.m.) 

> Does anyone know which choir is singing throughout the first LOTR
> soundtrack????

The choir singing throughout the Fellowship soundtrack is the London Voices. Shore also employed a children's choir for a few tracks (the London Oratory School Schola). Shore used both these choirs in the Two Towers soundtrack AS WELL.

> Also...who does the vocals for the end of the song "The
> Bridge of Khazad Dum" on the first LOTR soundtrack?...Just
> curious...since the soundtrack does not list it...:)

I am not sure, but I'd venture a guess that it is either Elizabeth Frazer or Mabel Faletolu, as they both did solist work on the film. Frazer sang the "Lament for Gandalf" on the Lothlorien track, and the soloist on the Bridge of K-D track doesn't really sound like her, so it probably isn't her. It also may just be someone from the London Voices, but that is just a guess.

i like all the funny faces and noises Gandalf makes
(hoh!) or (ohw...)
- Phoney

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


A.C
(netcache1-acld.auckland.clix.net.
nz)

  In Response to:
Phoney McRingRing

  Responses to this Comment:
Narendur
Re: LOTR Chorus...   Sunday, May 4, 2003 (7:45 a.m.) 

> The choir singing throughout the Fellowship soundtrack is the London
> Voices. Shore also employed a children's choir for a few tracks (the
> London Oratory School Schola). Shore used both these choirs in the Two
> Towers soundtrack AS WELL.

> I am not sure, but I'd venture a guess that it is either Elizabeth Frazer
> or Mabel Faletolu, as they both did solist work on the film. Frazer sang
> the "Lament for Gandalf" on the Lothlorien track, and the
> soloist on the Bridge of K-D track doesn't really sound like her, so it
> probably isn't her. It also may just be someone from the London Voices,
> but that is just a guess.

The solist at the end of the Bridge of K-D is Mabel Faletolu. From Wellington, New Zealand. The choir was also from Wellington, New Zealand.

> i like all the funny faces and noises Gandalf makes
(hoh!) or (ohw...)
>
- Phoney


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Narendur
(2.vauban.fr.studentenwohnheim-bw.
de)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
A.C
Re: LOTR Chorus...   Saturday, May 17, 2003 (6:12 a.m.) 

> The solist at the end of the Bridge of K-D is Mabel Faletolu. From
> Wellington, New Zealand. The choir was also from Wellington, New Zealand.

Yes, Shore mentions it on the commentary section of the Expanded Version...The Fall of Gandalf is sung by Mabel Faletolu, and the choir is the Maori-Samoan choir (complete with football players for the 'Ooh ooh ooh' in the track ).

I would have killed to be at the recording sessions for this one...

N^

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Christian Khn
<Send E-Mail>
(179.vauban.fr.studentenwohnheim-b
w.de)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Sarah
Re: LOTR Chorus...   Friday, January 17, 2003 (8:46 a.m.) 

Sindarin and Quenya, both Elven languages.

Khzdul, which is the language of the Dwarves.

Adnaic, which is the language of the Nazgl.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2017, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.