1. Halloween
    2. Venom
   3. House With a Clock/Walls
  4. The Nun
 5. Crazy Rich Asians
6. The Meg
Comments about the soundtrack for The Matrix Revolutions (Don Davis)
Ridiculous

Pogel Adler
(pd9e48d7a.dip.t-dialin.net)

yippie
Ridiculous   Saturday, November 8, 2003 (7:32 a.m.)

The German titles are all ridiculous. I am german and I have to say that none of the titles make sence except as a Wagner reference. But it just sounds ridiculous if you speak german.
The score is wonderfull, though.

(204.208-136-217.adsl.skynet.be)

Pogel Adler

Satanicmeister
FrenchTickler
I agree...   Saturday, November 8, 2003 (10:20 a.m.)

> The German titles are all ridiculous. I am german and I have to say that
> none of the titles make sence except as a Wagner reference. But it just
> sounds ridiculous if you speak german.
The score is wonderfull,
> though.

I speak French, and I have to say that, every time the English (or Americans) pronounce the word "déjà vu" or whatever French word you can find in the English language, it sounds utterly ridiculous as well. English speakers use this phrase all the time, forgetting what these two words are about. "Oh, I think I've had a déjà vu !" (not to mention that their pronunciation is just wrong) which literally means "I think I've had an already seen !". Another blatant instance is : "connoisseur" (meaning : a person who knows a lot about something), originating from French, word which you often use, but the fact is it is yet another mistake as it does not make any sense in French, instead, we pronounce "connaisseur" (e.g.: "De toute évidence, c'est un grand connaisseur"), which is taken from the verb "connaître" = know. Each language borrows words from another language, and it's rather funny in the end.
But, you know, all these "crazes" are to have languages look like they are linguistically richer and much more interesting and that kind of stuff, so it's okay, go on misusing all the languages that are different from yours !

Satanicmeister
(helena.kollegienet.dk)

HZF
Re: I agree...   Saturday, November 8, 2003 (5:21 p.m.)

The score is wonderfull,

> I speak French, and I have to say that, every time the English (or
> Americans) pronounce the word "déjà vu" or whatever French word
> you can find in the English language, it sounds utterly ridiculous as
> well. English speakers use this phrase all the time, forgetting what these
> two words are about. "Oh, I think I've had a déjà vu !" (not to
> mention that their pronunciation is just wrong) which literally means
> "I think I've had an already seen !". Another blatant instance
> is : "connoisseur" (meaning : a person who knows a lot about
> something), originating from French, word which you often use, but the
> fact is it is yet another mistake as it does not make any sense in French,
> instead, we pronounce "connaisseur" (e.g.: "De toute
> évidence, c'est un grand connaisseur"), which is taken from the verb
> "connaître" = know. Each language borrows words from another
> language, and it's rather funny in the end.
But, you know, all these
> "crazes" are to have languages look like they are linguistically
> richer and much more interesting and that kind of stuff, so it's okay, go
> on misusing all the languages that are different from yours !

What are you, a retard? Pronunciation left aside: words change meaning as they are absorbed into other languages. Whether the current use of déjà vu makes sense in French is of no importance, since the expression has a specific meaning in English as it does in other languages. It has nothing to do with misusing languages (that is a completely different matter). Languages exchange material and that's it. Dork!

(145.175-200-80.adsl.skynet.be)

Satanicmeister

B
Aaron Brown
Re: I agree...   Sunday, November 9, 2003 (4:23 a.m.)

> What are you, a retard? Pronunciation left aside: words change meaning as
> they are absorbed into other languages. Whether the current use of déjà vu
> makes sense in French is of no importance, since the expression has a
> specific meaning in English as it does in other languages. It has nothing
> to do with misusing languages (that is a completely different matter).
> Languages exchange material and that's it. Dork!

I knew some idiot such as you would not hesitate to come and insult me in public. And, indeed, the fact that you came to me makes you even more foreseeable, man. Don't you see it??? I tried to explain my personal viewpoint about this matter without involving anyone and quite in a funny way but you, THE BIGGEST JERK OF ALL TIME, could not help getting up on your high horse all of a sudden. And yes, I'm a big retard with no brains... just like you. Ddozn't ya deeggin datt itz reelee deefikult 4 a dze:k auf mai kaleeba naut 2 bbehave laik so? Ter zake, did I mention you are the perfect instance of a "déjà vu" !? Everybody has seen you thousands of times.

By the way, I find that absolutely hilarious being called a dork from a dork him/herself, especially from someone who does not know what s/he is dealing with. I swear, some people... And I thank you for making things easier for me by making a fool of you with such a talent that, we all know, could only be yours. We have just had the opportunity of marvelling at the extent of the human stupidity, thanks to you, so please go on, it's very funny, I must admit !

Everybody misuses foreign languages whether you can accept this idea or not.

Nu, neem het niet kwalijk maar ik moet weg.

B
(24-56-227-188.mdmmi.voyager.net)

HZF
Re: I agree...   Sunday, November 9, 2003 (8:53 p.m.)

> ...and back to the score....

I knew some idiot such as you would not hesitate to come and insult me in
> public. And, indeed, the fact that you came to me makes you even more
> foreseeable, man. Don't you see it??? I tried to explain my personal
> viewpoint about this matter without involving anyone and quite in a funny
> way but you, THE BIGGEST JERK OF ALL TIME, could not help getting up on
> your high horse all of a sudden. And yes, I'm a big retard with no
> brains... just like you. Ddozn't ya deeggin datt itz reelee deefikult 4 a
> dze:k auf mai kaleeba naut 2 bbehave laik so? Ter zake, did I mention you
> are the perfect instance of a "déjà vu" !? Everybody has seen
> you thousands of times.

> By the way, I find that absolutely hilarious being called a dork from a
> dork him/herself, especially from someone who does not know what s/he is
> dealing with. I swear, some people... And I thank you for making things
> easier for me by making a fool of you with such a talent that, we all
> know, could only be yours. We have just had the opportunity of marvelling
> at the extent of the human stupidity, thanks to you, so please go on, it's
> very funny, I must admit !

> Everybody misuses foreign languages whether you can accept this idea or
> not.

> Nu, neem het niet kwalijk maar ik moet weg.

Aaron Brown
(host-201.ardmore.net)

HZF
Re: I agree...   Sunday, November 16, 2003 (5:29 p.m.)

> I knew some idiot such as you would not hesitate to come and insult me in
> public. And, indeed, the fact that you came to me makes you even more
> foreseeable, man. Don't you see it??? I tried to explain my personal
> viewpoint about this matter without involving anyone and quite in a funny
> way but you, THE BIGGEST JERK OF ALL TIME, could not help getting up on
> your high horse all of a sudden. And yes, I'm a big retard with no
> brains... just like you. Ddozn't ya deeggin datt itz reelee deefikult 4 a
> dze:k auf mai kaleeba naut 2 bbehave laik so? Ter zake, did I mention you
> are the perfect instance of a "déjà vu" !? Everybody has seen
> you thousands of times.

> By the way, I find that absolutely hilarious being called a dork from a
> dork him/herself, especially from someone who does not know what s/he is
> dealing with. I swear, some people... And I thank you for making things
> easier for me by making a fool of you with such a talent that, we all
> know, could only be yours. We have just had the opportunity of marvelling
> at the extent of the human stupidity, thanks to you, so please go on, it's
> very funny, I must admit !

> Everybody misuses foreign languages whether you can accept this idea or
> not.

> Nu, neem het niet kwalijk maar ik moet weg.

I understood your point entirely. I don't know why everyone is getting all upset about. If I understand you correctly. you were merly saying words get new meaning in other langauges and these are often quite diffrent than the originally correct intent. That is right why is everyone so upset. It happens to english words in english context.

(81.241.86.150)

Aaron Brown
At last, someone's got my point. Thank you Aaron ! ;-) *NM*   Wednesday, November 19, 2003 (11:06 a.m.)

FrenchTickler
(192-195-225-6.evansville.edu)

HZF
Re: I agree...   Thursday, November 13, 2003 (3:57 p.m.)

The score is wonderfull,

> I speak French, and I have to say that, every time the English (or
> Americans) pronounce the word "déjà vu" or whatever French word
> you can find in the English language, it sounds utterly ridiculous as
> well. English speakers use this phrase all the time, forgetting what these
> two words are about. "Oh, I think I've had a déjà vu !" (not to
> mention that their pronunciation is just wrong) which literally means
> "I think I've had an already seen !". Another blatant instance
> is : "connoisseur" (meaning : a person who knows a lot about
> something), originating from French, word which you often use, but the
> fact is it is yet another mistake as it does not make any sense in French,
> instead, we pronounce "connaisseur" (e.g.: "De toute
> évidence, c'est un grand connaisseur"), which is taken from the verb
> "connaître" = know. Each language borrows words from another
> language, and it's rather funny in the end.
But, you know, all these
> "crazes" are to have languages look like they are linguistically
> richer and much more interesting and that kind of stuff, so it's okay, go
> on misusing all the languages that are different from yours !

You speak French? I feel sorry for you. By the way, this is a soundtrack website, not French 101. Save that crap for the classroom.

(208.170-200-80.adsl.skynet.be)

FrenchTickler

www.francesucks.com
Re: I agree...   Saturday, November 15, 2003 (2:58 p.m.)

> You speak French? I feel sorry for you. By the way, this is a soundtrack
> website, not French 101. Save that crap for the classroom.

Indeed, I speak French, as well as the language of the trolls (your mother tongue, you know ), a very difficult language without any consonants and vowels which took me long before being capable of mastering it. By the way, dude, just in case you still don't get this idea in your brain full of dead neurons, this topic is more than ever dedicated to film music, as it deals with the (sometimes risky) choice of titles by composers themselves, and their actual meaning. So you are the one who should try and save your own crap for people who are interested in hearing you (that is to say, not many).

www.francesucks.com
(80.58.11.107.proxycache.rima-tde.
net)

Lena18Wiggins
Karl Bauman
I have a french rifle for sale. Never fired, dropped once.   Thursday, February 26, 2004 (6:59 a.m.)

Even something as moronic as a bread-stuffed, frog-swallowing frenchy should be aware of a simple fact that when you can't speak a language properly - as is the case with the french and the English Language - using colloquial and slang expressions such as "dude" or "da killa" makes you look completely idiotic, ridiculous, clueless and pathetic. In other words, it makes you look completely french.

And now for some fun:

And ideal french woman:

Some famous frenchmen... well, they don't exist. But here are their close friends:

The Complete Military History of france:
Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. - Hundred Years War - Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." - Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians. - Wars of Religion - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots - Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her. - War of Devolution - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux. -The Dutch War - Tied -War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War -Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power. -War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since. - American Revolution - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does the fighting." - French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French. - The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer. - The Franco-Prussian War - Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night. - World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline. -World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song. - War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu - Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux. - War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

Lena18Wiggins
(46.161.41.63)

www.francesucks.com
Re: I have a french rifle for sale. Never fired, dropped once.   Saturday, June 15, 2013 (3:24 a.m.)

You are an ass and you should be slapped across the face with a dead fish 100 times!

Karl Bauman
(107-201-108-237.lightspeed.sntcca
.sbcglobal.net)

www.francesucks.com
Re: I have a french rifle for sale. Never fired, dropped once.   Wednesday, September 16, 2015 (11:20 p.m.)

Be interesting if the French would care to reply to your stupidity :
A you are American Thanks to the French
B you have never won a single war alone
C WW1 You saw only few month combat when the war was about to end , prior to it you were the servant to French and British soldier D D WW2 you entered the war late 1942 the French were fighting since 1939
Let's not forget that American were financing and sending good to Nazi Germany to fight the war while American soldiers were being killed in Europe
E You wanted to show the world the power of American military , you got your ass kicked in Vietnam by people without shoes
F Iran you got kicked out by Students
G Iran you got kicked out by camel jockey
H Afganistan got kicked out by the Farmers
I Somalia homeless threw you out

Oh yes you won the Panama war by bombing in the middle of the night the slum of Panama City

To conclude you created El qaida as Reagan received Bin Laden at the white house calling them the equivalent of our founding father
You created ISIS when you removed Saddam Hussein
you screwed up in Indonesia
you Screwed up in Argentina
you Screwed up in Chili
You screwed up in Central America You screwed up in Africa

Please keeping baseball and the World series ?????

yippie
(porter-29-22.resnet.ucsc.edu)

Pogel Adler

Pogel Adler
Re: Ridiculous   Tuesday, November 11, 2003 (8:43 p.m.)

There is only one German track title...

Neodaemmerung, what's so ridiculous about that? It means new dawn in Latin and German respectively. The German is fine, the Latin is fine, is it the mixing that is ridiculous? It's a pun, man.

Pogel Adler
(p50811e0b.dip.t-dialin.net)
yippie
Re: Ridiculous   Sunday, November 16, 2003 (2:23 a.m.)

> There is only one German track title...

> Neodaemmerung, what's so ridiculous about that? It means new dawn in Latin
> and German respectively. The German is fine, the Latin is fine, is it the
> mixing that is ridiculous? It's a pun, man.

What about Kidfried? I can't remeber ha was fried in the movie...
"Das Banegold" is even worst. Not very difficult to translate, it should be clear that the title is nonesence. I can't remember Bane being a river (if you know about Rheingold)
Neodämmerung is quite logical if you take the meaning of dawn as downfall and resurrection, very much like Götterdämmerung or the expressionistic peom-collection "Menschheitsdämmerung" by Kurt Pinthus, which also alludes to Götterdämmerung.
And therefore, this is not a pun but an allusion. And that's what I said in the original post.
But it still reads ridiculous between titles like "Men in Metal" or "Why, Mr. Anderson".

PA