SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Ant-Man and the Wasp
    2. Jurassic World: Kingdom
   3. Incredibles 2
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story
 5. Deadpool 2
6. Avengers: Infinity War
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
        2. Gladiator
       3. Blade Runner 2049
      4. Batman
     5. Thor: Ragnarok
    6. The Avengers
   7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Avatar
 9. Dunkirk
10. Phantom Thread
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for The Matrix Revolutions (Don Davis)
Saw Bitch Workhorse is an anagram...

Alan Chan
(accade94.ipt.aol.com)


  Responses to this Comment:
kilokhan
Tomek
Saw Bitch Workhorse is an anagram...   Friday, November 7, 2003 (1:20 p.m.) 

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but after taking a hint from soundtrack review from another web site, I looked at the "Saw Bitch Workhorse" track and realized it's an anagram for "The Wachowski Bros". A nice little bit of fun on Don Davis' part, it looks like.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


kilokhan
<Send E-Mail>
(128.172.221.151)

  In Response to:
Alan Chan

  Responses to this Comment:
Mark
Re: Saw Bitch Workhorse is an anagram...   Friday, November 7, 2003 (2:30 p.m.) 

> I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but after taking a hint
> from soundtrack review from another web site, I looked at the "Saw
> Bitch Workhorse" track and realized it's an anagram for "The
> Wachowski Bros". A nice little bit of fun on Don Davis' part, it
> looks like.

Actually, it's almost an angram, when you consider the fact that "Saw Bitch Workhouse" has an extra "r," which is absent in "The Wachowski Bros". Still, it's a very interesting little tidbit to know about.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Mark
(pcp01156017pcs.newhav01.mi.comcas
t.net)

  In Response to:
kilokhan

  Responses to this Comment:
Mark
Re: Saw Bitch Workhorse is an anagram...   Friday, November 7, 2003 (3:23 p.m.) 

> Actually, it's almost an angram, when you consider the fact that "Saw
> Bitch Workhouse" has an extra "r," which is absent in
> "The Wachowski Bros". Still, it's a very interesting little
> tidbit to know about.
How do you come up with an extra "r"? I don't see it. SAW BITCH WORKHOUSE. There is one "r" and THE WACHOWSKI BROS has only one "r". The only way I can see it having two "r" is if they were referred to as THE WACHOWSKI BROTHERS, but they are almost never credited that way. So, Alan Chan is right. This is a true anagram.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Mark
(pcp01156017pcs.newhav01.mi.comcas
t.net)

  In Response to:
Mark

  Responses to this Comment:
XeXano
MY MISTAKE SORRY   Friday, November 7, 2003 (3:27 p.m.) 

I'm wrong! I apologize. It's SAW BITCH WORKHORSE and not WORKHOUSE. So there is an extra 'r'. Argg.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


XeXano
<Send E-Mail>
(p5081aaf8.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)

  In Response to:
Mark

  Responses to this Comment:
The Inflicted
Yes, it has two 'r's, and makes totally sense   Tuesday, November 11, 2003 (2:58 p.m.) 

> I'm wrong! I apologize. It's SAW BITCH WORKHORSE and not WORKHOUSE. So
> there is an extra 'r'. Argg.

SAWBITCHWORKHORSE
WACHOWSKIBROTHERS

The problem with "The Wachowski Bros" is that it's one letter short (guess what: the 'r' *g*)

I'm wondering, is there also an anagram in Reloaded?

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


The Inflicted
<Send E-Mail>
(152.97.247.7)

  In Response to:
XeXano

  Responses to this Comment:
jdnfcd
Anagrams and Wagner parodies   Wednesday, November 12, 2003 (7:45 p.m.) 

> SAWBITCHWORKHORSE
WACHOWSKIBROTHERS

> The problem with "The Wachowski Bros" is that it's one letter
> short (guess what: the 'r' *g*)

> I'm wondering, is there also an anagram in Reloaded?

No, but there's a few in the first Matrix score.

The tracks "Threat Mix" and "Exit Mr. Hat" is an anagram of the "The Matrix" Also, there are two other anagrams of the Wachowski Bros, "Bow Whisk Orchestra" and "Switch or Break Show"

BTW, Don Davis isn't the first to come up with ridiculous track names that parody Wagner. Elliot Goldenthal did two tracks for Batman Forever called "Batterdammerung" and "Fledermausmarchmusik"

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


jdnfcd
<Send E-Mail>
(192-195-225-6.evansville.edu)

  In Response to:
The Inflicted

  Responses to this Comment:
mlarg
Re: Anagrams and Wagner parodies   Thursday, November 13, 2003 (4:02 p.m.) 

Nah, these anagrams are nothing but a string of coincidences. Don Davis couldn't spell Wachowski Brothers if they slapped him in the face with their sausages.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


mlarg
<Send E-Mail>
(216-99-213-204.dsl.aracnet.com)

  In Response to:
jdnfcd

  Responses to this Comment:
bejcb
Re: Anagrams and Wagner parodies   Tuesday, November 18, 2003 (4:28 p.m.) 

> Nah, these anagrams are nothing but a string of coincidences. Don Davis
> couldn't spell Wachowski Brothers if they slapped him in the face with
> their sausages.

lol, ya right, coinsidence! thats a good one! If it was a coinsidence, it would be the biggest one I have ever heard of, seriouly man, do you have any brains at all???

NOT COINSIDENCE!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


bejcb
(192-195-225-6.evansville.edu)

  In Response to:
mlarg
Re: Anagrams and Wagner parodies   Wednesday, December 3, 2003 (9:54 a.m.) 

> lol, ya right, coinsidence! thats a good one! If it was a coinsidence, it
> would be the biggest one I have ever heard of, seriouly man, do you have
> any brains at all???
>

NOT
> COINSIDENCE!

You know, next time you feel like spelling words real big on your computer, you may want to make sure you spell them correctly. It's not


> COINSIDENCE!

It is spelled this way:


> COINCIDENCE, JACKASS!



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Tomek
<Send E-Mail>
(pb178.opole.cvx.ppp.tpnet.pl)

  In Response to:
Alan Chan
Re: Saw Bitch Workhorse is an anagram...   Monday, November 10, 2003 (7:12 a.m.) 

> I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but after taking a hint
> from soundtrack review from another web site, I looked at the "Saw
> Bitch Workhorse" track and realized it's an anagram for "The
> Wachowski Bros". A nice little bit of fun on Don Davis' part, it
> looks like.

One more interesting creativity by Don Davis: track from The Matrix score, "Exit Mr. Hat" is also an anagram, guess what? "The Matrix"! . BTW those track titles look a bit insane (Beltrami has also this manner) - but it's always better than "The Fight", "The Final Confrontation" or "Finale" (here are Goldsmith and Elfman's trade marks as well)

Tomek


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.