SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Transformers: Last Knight
    2. Cars 3
   3. The Mummy
  4. Wonder Woman
 5. POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales
6. Alien: Covenant


   CURRENT BEST-SELLING SCORES:
       1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
      2. Fantastic Beasts/Find Them
     3. Willow
    4. The Ghost and the Darkness
   5. An American Tail
  6. The Wind and the Lion
 7. Doctor Strange
8. 10 Cloverfield Lane
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: Force Awakens
        2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
       3. Titanic
      4. Avatar
     5. Nineteen Eighty-Four
    6. Gladiator
   7. Star Wars: A New Hope
  8. Animal Farm
 9. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
10. Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Meet the Spartans (Christopher Lennertz)
Biggest WTF moment next to the Spitzer scandal

JBlough (formerly TUBA)
<Send E-Mail>
(wireless-165-124-136-193.nuwlan.n
orthwestern.edu)


  Responses to this Comment:
IndianaSchwartz
Biggest WTF moment next to the Spitzer scandal   Thursday, February 12, 2009 (2:15 p.m.) 

Shocking
Devastating
Out of nowhere
WOW

I do digress on the overall rating though. While Lennertz probably wrote the best score that could've been produced for the material, overall it isn't a terribly engaging listening experience. It veers all over the place in ways a Powell animation score wouldn't dare, and really only the last four cues have anything in the way of consistency. 2.5 stars for me, if only because I really couldn't appreciate most of the cues and the lack of any sense of theme (something he's been quite adept at, at least with video games) proved a bummer. Nonetheless, I hope that Lennertz moves up to bigger and better things as I am a fan of his Medal of Honor and Warhawk scores.

BTW, I totally thought it would be Burn After Reading or Tropic Thunder. KaWHIFF! Though 2/3 so far ain't bad...


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


IndianaSchwartz
(cpe-76-93-89-163.socal.res.rr.com)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
JBlough (formerly TUBA)

  Responses to this Comment:
John
JBlough (formerly TUBA)
Re: Biggest WTF moment next to the Spitzer scandal   Thursday, February 12, 2009 (2:44 p.m.) 

Yeah, I agree. I'd give it a solid three stars, but I think Christian has a tendency to add stars just because he feels like if he's the one to give it a good rating, then he'll be the one responsible for bringing it to our attention and therefore makes him deserving of thanks and praise. I mean, one of the top scores of the year? It's almost as if he's going political like the Academy instead of making legitimate picks.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


John
(adsl-66-124-70-133.dsl.lsan03.pac
bell.net)

  In Response to:
IndianaSchwartz
Insulting Clemmensen's integrity isn't any better   Thursday, February 12, 2009 (3:03 p.m.) 

> Yeah, I agree. I'd give it a solid three stars, but I think Christian has
> a tendency to add stars just because he feels like if he's the one to give
> it a good rating, then he'll be the one responsible for bringing it to our
> attention and therefore makes him deserving of thanks and praise. I mean,
> one of the top scores of the year? It's almost as if he's going political
> like the Academy instead of making legitimate picks.

I agree that a nomination for Meet the Spartans is very surprising, but your slap in the face to Clemmensen's integrity is IMHO undeserved.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


JBlough (formerly TUBA)
<Send E-Mail>
(wireless-165-124-136-193.nuwlan.n
orthwestern.edu)

  In Response to:
IndianaSchwartz

  Responses to this Comment:
IndianaSchwartz
Warrant please? There are no other instances + Broxton likes it too *NM*   Thursday, February 12, 2009 (5:09 p.m.) 



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


IndianaSchwartz
(cpe-76-93-89-163.socal.res.rr.com)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
JBlough (formerly TUBA)

  Responses to this Comment:
JBlough (formerly TUBA)
Re: Warrant please? There are no other instances + Broxton likes it too   Thursday, February 12, 2009 (5:43 p.m.) 

I disagree with Broxton even more, don't bring him into this.
Look, Christian gives his opinion and I give mine. Ask HIM to warrant what he says against the score's obviously thematic inconsistency. Just because it's better than it should be doesn't mean that it's 4 stars. 4 stars? One step down from Conan and E.T.? Give me a break. 3 stars. 'nough said.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


JBlough (formerly TUBA)
<Send E-Mail>
(wireless-165-124-136-193.nuwlan.n
orthwestern.edu)

  In Response to:
IndianaSchwartz

  Responses to this Comment:
IndianaSchwartz
Read the review, dumbass. He kinda gave his reasons. *NM*   Thursday, February 12, 2009 (8:15 p.m.) 



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


IndianaSchwartz
(cpe-76-93-89-163.socal.res.rr.com)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
JBlough (formerly TUBA)

  Responses to this Comment:
JBlough (formerly TUBA)
Re: Read the review, dumbass. He kinda gave his reasons.   Friday, February 13, 2009 (10:05 a.m.) 

Hey man, please don't call me a dumbass. I don't know why you have to get into the realm of personal offense. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, I could care less, but there's no need to call me names. So, I disagree with Broxton and Christian on this one...so I think there's politics in Christian's choices...so what? Those are my thoughts, take them or leave them, don't get all worked up and vicious.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


JBlough (formerly TUBA)
<Send E-Mail>
(dhcp-199-74-75-79.res-hall.northw
estern.edu)

  In Response to:
IndianaSchwartz
It's nothing personal. It's just objective   Friday, February 13, 2009 (2:30 p.m.) 
• Now Playing: PTI  

1. He addressed the thematic inconsistency. You appeared outraged he did not. You did not do your homework. You are a dumbass.
2. You seem very sensitive for someone who's willing to lambaste someone as being "political" (wait...that actually makes sense). Seriously, warrant your angry claims, and you'll avoid being called out.
3. Disagreement is one thing. I also disagree with Christian and Broxton. I do not spin that disagreement into a fight against an imaginary agenda.
4. The fact that I responded with an NM message beforehand kinda shows I'm not worked up. Worked up seems more like your post.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2017, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.