1. Halloween
    2. Venom
   3. House With a Clock/Walls
  4. The Nun
 5. Crazy Rich Asians
6. The Meg
Comments about the soundtrack for Minority Report (John Williams)
What if Zimmer score MR.

(dial058226.vnet.hu)

Pawel Stroinski
What if Zimmer score MR.   Monday, September 23, 2002 (4:47 a.m.)

I saw the film, and it was good, and I was thinking that because it has some action motif, what if Zimmer score this music? I don't say that Williams score is not good, I think that *** is O.K. But sometimes it is slow for me.

Pawel Stroinski
(pc21.pi.tpsa.pl)

iBug
Tomek
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Monday, September 23, 2002 (8:00 a.m.)

> I saw the film, and it was good, and I was thinking that because it has
> some action motif, what if Zimmer score this music? I don't say that
> Williams score is not good, I think that *** is O.K. But sometimes it is
> slow for me.

I agree with you on the score (hasn't seen the film yet).

Zimmer could have done it, though. It would be better, even with the same scoring approach. Synths and vocals would be better and the themes would have been more completed.

It would be very suspenseful.

Wasn't Zimmer supposed to do a Spielberg movie? Have you heard something else about The Ring? Could you tell me the synopsis?

Pawel

iBug
(asy135.as3.sol.superonline.com)

Pawel Stroinski

Pawel Stroinski
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Monday, September 30, 2002 (11:25 a.m.)

I saw the film 2 days ago, then I saw it again, was listening to the score for 4 months and all I can say is that the score works perfectly in the film. Actually the film is not an action film at all. There are only 2 major action scenes and their total length is at most 10 minutes in the film. The film is a science-fiction/drama and it concentrates on the characters more than the future and the main point is the question of whether we can control our future or are we destined for some things. But the mood of the film is definitely Hitchcock so naturally the music is Herrmann style. I like Zimmer's music but not for this film, definitely not. Even if he did this score, it wouldn't be traditional Zimmer music, like Hannibal it would be something different.

Btw I didn't hear anything about a Spielberg movie getting scored by Zimmer. Maybe it will happen some day when Williams is no longer around.
But not before Episode 3 and Indy 4.

Pawel Stroinski
(pc24.pi.tpsa.pl)
iBug

iBug
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Thursday, October 3, 2002 (7:37 a.m.)

> I saw the film 2 days ago, then I saw it again, was listening to the score
> for 4 months and all I can say is that the score works perfectly in the
> film. Actually the film is not an action film at all. There are only 2
> major action scenes and their total length is at most 10 minutes in the
> film. The film is a science-fiction/drama and it concentrates on the
> characters more than the future and the main point is the question of
> whether we can control our future or are we destined for some things. But
> the mood of the film is definitely Hitchcock so naturally the music is
> Herrmann style. I like Zimmer's music but not for this film, definitely
> not. Even if he did this score, it wouldn't be traditional Zimmer music,
> like Hannibal it would be something different.

Yes, it wouldn't be strictly action, but it wouldn't be Hannibal too. It would be progressive and industrial with many harsh electronics.

Action cues could be maybe a little disorderly.

> Btw I didn't hear anything about a Spielberg movie getting scored by
> Zimmer. Maybe it will happen some day when Williams is no longer around.
But not before Episode 3 and Indy 4.

From what I heard Zimmer was to score Band of Brothers. And Spielberg, after Crimson Tide, is a declared Zimmer fan. This is why Hans is the musical director in DreamWorks.

Pawel

iBug
(212.252.6.205)

Pawel Stroinski

Levente Benedek
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Thursday, October 3, 2002 (12:34 p.m.)

> Yes, it wouldn't be strictly action, but it wouldn't be Hannibal too. It
> would be progressive and industrial with many harsh electronics.

> Action cues could be maybe a little disorderly.
But not before Episode
> 3 and Indy 4.

> From what I heard Zimmer was to score Band of Brothers. And Spielberg,
> after Crimson Tide, is a declared Zimmer fan. This is why Hans is the
> musical director in DreamWorks.

> Pawel
Yeah I know Spielberg is a big fan of Zimmer but I really don't think he will let him score one of his movies. I think he will work with Williams until Williams retires in one way or the other.

(dial058037.vnet.hu)

iBug

iBug
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Friday, October 4, 2002 (5:09 a.m.)

Wait and see. Spielberg used Jerry Goldsimth several times, maybe one day he will use Zimmer talents.
No wonder Spielberg use Zimmer as a musical director for DreamWorks.

iBug
(212.252.6.205)

Levente Benedek
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Friday, October 4, 2002 (3:38 p.m.)

> Wait and see. Spielberg used Jerry Goldsimth several times, maybe one day
> he will use Zimmer talents.
No wonder Spielberg use Zimmer as a
> musical director for DreamWorks.
When did Spielberg use Goldsmith?

(line-127-221.dial.matav.net)

iBug

iBug
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Sunday, October 6, 2002 (12:22 p.m.)

Their famoust coedit work is POLTERGEIST. Spielberg made E.T. at the same time but Williams was still working on the soundtrack, and that is why he used Goldsmith talent in horror music. The others is GREMLINS and GREMLINS: A NEW BATCH. In these two films Spielberg asked Goldsmith himself to make the score, and later he became the composer of the Joe Dante works. And of course INNERSPACE.

iBug
(212.252.6.205)

Levente Benedek
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Sunday, October 6, 2002 (12:56 p.m.)

> Their famoust coedit work is POLTERGEIST. Spielberg made E.T. at the same
> time but Williams was still working on the soundtrack, and that is why he
> used Goldsmith talent in horror music. The others is GREMLINS and
> GREMLINS: A NEW BATCH. In these two films Spielberg asked Goldsmith
> himself to make the score, and later he became the composer of the Joe
> Dante works. And of course INNERSPACE.
But Spielberg didn't direct Poltergeist. He wrote and produced it. He's sometimes credited as he is a co-director. And also Gremlins is not a Spielberg movie. I mean only the films he directs.

(dial058185.vnet.hu)

Pawel Stroinski
Zimmer next project: THE RING   Tuesday, October 1, 2002 (5:44 a.m.)

Zimmer next project is a horror film called THE RING. The film will be directed by Gore Verbinski (The Mexican) and writen by Ehren Krueger (Scream 3). The film is a remake of a japanese film from 1998, wich is developed from a book. I read that it is a very hard film, I mean blody.

Tomek
(w3cache.po.punkt.pl)

Pawel Stroinski

Pawel Stroinski
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Wednesday, October 9, 2002 (5:17 p.m.)

Hi! I'm a fellow scorboarder from Poland! (piszmy tu po angielsku )

> I agree with you on the score (hasn't seen the film yet).
> Zimmer could have done it, though. It would be better, even with the same
> scoring approach. Synths and vocals would be better and the themes would
> have been more completed.

The same questions was stated in case of A.I. and I didn't agree then with the fact that Zimmer could have scored the A.I. better. I think that Zimmer don't come to some particular point of his career that he could score such complex and diverse project, what master Williams can. But in the case of MR I must agree that Hans Zimmer could have done more interesting and enjoyable score.

> It would be very suspenseful.

Considering what he did in Hannibal, it could be

> Wasn't Zimmer supposed to do a Spielberg movie?

Couple of facts about Zimmer-Spielberg relationship might indicate that maybe some day in future Spielberg will assign Zimmer: according to Filmtracks site about Zimmer, Spielberg became a fan of Zimmer after hearing "Crimson Tide"; Spielberg often uses his music from Backdraft in the trailers for example to Jurassic Park and The Lost World and even in one of the trailers to MR;Zimmer is a music executive(I don't know if I named it good) at DreamWorks Records

Tomek

(line-222-219.dial.matav.net)

Tomek
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Thursday, October 10, 2002 (6:20 a.m.)

> music executive(I don't know if I named it good) at DreamWorks Records

Zimmer is the director of the Dreamworks Records, or should I say the director of the score stage, at the Dreamwroks studio.

Pawel Stroinski
(pc18.pi.tpsa.pl)
Tomek
Re: What if Zimmer score MR.   Monday, October 14, 2002 (2:05 a.m.)

> Hi! I'm a fellow scorboarder from Poland! (piszmy tu po angielsku )

Wiem, ze tu sie pisze po angielsku . I read some of your posts, and often I agree with you.

> The same questions was stated in case of A.I. and I didn't agree then with
> the fact that Zimmer could have scored the A.I. better. I think that
> Zimmer don't come to some particular point of his career that he could
> score such complex and diverse project, what master Williams can. But in
> the case of MR I must agree that Hans Zimmer could have done more
> interesting and enjoyable score.

About AI: He could. Zimmer is able to be diverse.

> Considering what he did in Hannibal, it could be

I agree. Hannibal is actually my favorite Zimmer score.

> Couple of facts about Zimmer-Spielberg relationship might indicate that
> maybe some day in future Spielberg will assign Zimmer: according to
> Filmtracks site about Zimmer, Spielberg became a fan of Zimmer after
> hearing "Crimson Tide"; Spielberg often uses his music from
> Backdraft in the trailers for example to Jurassic Park and The Lost World
> and even in one of the trailers to MR;Zimmer is a music executive(I don't
> know if I named it good) at DreamWorks Records

This is why asked, from what I heard he was supposed to score Band for Brothers

Have you visited my website?

Pawel