SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Halloween
    2. Venom
   3. House With a Clock/Walls
  4. The Nun
 5. Crazy Rich Asians
6. The Meg
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Solo: A Star Wars Story
        2. Batman
       3. Jurassic World: Kingdom
      4. The Predator
     5. Edward Scissorhands
    6. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
   7. Christopher Robin
  8. Apollo 13
 9. Ant-Man and the Wasp
10. The Equalizer 2
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for The Missing (James Horner)
a "Brujo" question...

Timmy B.
<Send E-Mail>
(syru226-068.syr.edu)
Profile Picture

  Responses to this Comment:
sleepyhollowman
Jesus
a "Brujo" question...   Friday, December 12, 2003 (12:15 a.m.) 

I for some reason didn't pay as much attention to the movie as I should've (well, it was because I went with my younger complaining sister, actually), but I think I got that the "magician" guy was called a "Brujo". Is that just another name for a "magician", does anyone know? I've never heard that word before. Also, why would track 7 be entitled "The Brujo's Storm..."? Was there a part I missed where he caused the storm that flooded the canyon through a curse? Just wondrin'.

Thanks,
Tim

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


sleepyhollowman
(cpe-68-115-221-093.spa.sc.charter
.com)

  In Response to:
Timmy B.

  Responses to this Comment:
Timmy B.
Re: a "Brujo" question...   Friday, December 12, 2003 (5:38 a.m.) 

> I for some reason didn't pay as much attention to the movie as I should've
> (well, it was because I went with my younger complaining sister,
> actually), but I think I got that the "magician" guy was called
> a "Brujo". Is that just another name for a "magician",
> does anyone know? I've never heard that word before. Also, why would track
> 7 be entitled "The Brujo's Storm..."? Was there a part I missed
> where he caused the storm that flooded the canyon through a curse? Just
> wondrin'.

> Thanks,
Tim

Tim, yes...the storm is the one you're talkin' about (the whole flooding the canyon thing) and Brujo is the name for witch (cause the guy's a witch doctor)
in Spanish or American Indian or somethin'- they explained it in the movie.
By the way- that track on CD sounds kina muddled to me- like the sound quality in a Beautiful Mind...just a thought

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Timmy B.
<Send E-Mail>
(syru234-246.syr.edu)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
sleepyhollowman

  Responses to this Comment:
Alex
Re: a "Brujo" question...   Tuesday, December 16, 2003 (2:14 p.m.) 

Tim

> Tim, yes...the storm is the one you're talkin' about (the whole flooding
> the canyon thing) and Brujo is the name for witch (cause the guy's a witch
> doctor)
in Spanish or American Indian or somethin'- they explained it
> in the movie.
By the way- that track on CD sounds kina muddled to me-
> like the sound quality in a Beautiful Mind...just a thought

I think it's official that I hate most of the soundtrack to a Beautiful Mind now; I listened to it twice the other day and probably won't for a very long time.

But did they show/say the Brujo caused the storm? I need to see this movie again when I'm not so distracted!

Tim

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Alex
<Send E-Mail>
(finn.ecs.fullerton.edu)

  In Response to:
Timmy B.
Re: a "Brujo" question...   Thursday, December 9, 2004 (12:47 p.m.) 

> Tim
in Spanish or American Indian or somethin'- they explained it
>
By the way- that track on CD sounds kina muddled to me-

> I think it's official that I hate most of the soundtrack to a Beautiful
> Mind now; I listened to it twice the other day and probably won't for a
> very long time.

> But did they show/say the Brujo caused the storm? I need to see this movie
> again when I'm not so distracted!

> Tim

hello

I've watched the movie many times. Why? because I loved it. I don't see anything on the film that suggests the Brujo caused the storm.

Alex


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Jesus
<Send E-Mail>
(80.103.137.154)

  In Response to:
Timmy B.
Re: a "Brujo" question...   Saturday, April 10, 2004 (11:53 a.m.) 

> I for some reason didn't pay as much attention to the movie as I should've
> (well, it was because I went with my younger complaining sister,
> actually), but I think I got that the "magician" guy was called
> a "Brujo". Is that just another name for a "magician",
> does anyone know? I've never heard that word before. Also, why would track
> 7 be entitled "The Brujo's Storm..."? Was there a part I missed
> where he caused the storm that flooded the canyon through a curse? Just
> wondrin'.

> Thanks,
Tim

Hello Tim, "brujo" is a spanish word that means "sorcerer" in english.
Greetings from Spain, Jesus.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.