SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Incredibles 2
    2. Solo: A Star Wars Story
   3. Deadpool 2
  4. Avengers: Infinity War
 5. A Quiet Place
6. Ready Player One
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
        2. Gladiator
       3. Blade Runner 2049
      4. Batman
     5. Thor: Ragnarok
    6. The Avengers
   7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Avatar
 9. Dunkirk
10. Phantom Thread
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for The Mummy Returns (Alan Silvestri)
The Mummy Returns should have been nominated for Oscar

TMY
<Send E-Mail>
(219.94.125.55)


  Responses to this Comment:
Luis L.
Vestard
The Mummy Returns should have been nominated for Oscar   Wednesday, January 15, 2003 (3:20 a.m.) 

i know its been a long while since last year's awards.

but do you think TMR should have at least been nominated for the oscar?

i know the film is quite crap. imean its okay but the score works fantastically well.

in my opinion, its effectiveness can match that of howard shore as well.

oh well, just a thought

anyway, for this year. i have a strong feeling the John Williams will once again be nominated, but he will not walk away with the winners title (as usual.
howard shore stands a good chance because i think the two towers is better than the first.
road to perdition is cool as well.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Luis L.
(24-90-185-231.nyc.rr.com)

  In Response to:
TMY

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: The Mummy Returns should have been nominated for Oscar   Wednesday, January 15, 2003 (12:37 p.m.) 

> i know its been a long while since last year's awards.

> but do you think TMR should have at least been nominated for the oscar?

> i know the film is quite crap. imean its okay but the score works
> fantastically well.

> in my opinion, its effectiveness can match that of howard shore as well.

> oh well, just a thought

> anyway, for this year. i have a strong feeling the John Williams will once
> again be nominated, but he will not walk away with the winners title (as
> usual.
howard shore stands a good chance because i think the two
> towers is better than the first.
road to perdition is cool as well.

Alan Silvestri's score for "The Mummy Returns" should have been nominated for an Oscar (it was superior to James Horner's "A Beautiful Mind," Randy Newman's "Monsters, Inc.", and John Williams' "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." For this year, I see John Williams getting nominated for "Minority Report," Howard Shore for "The Two Towers," Thomas Newman for "Road to Perdition," and Elmer Bernstein for "Far From Heaven." Jerry Goldsmith, Klaus Badelt, and Danny Elfman should be nominated (Star Trek: Nemesis, The Time Machine, and Spider-Man, respectively), but the Academy probably won't nominate them.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-223-195-207.client.insightbb.c
om)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Luis L.
Re: The Mummy Returns should have been nominated for Oscar   Saturday, March 15, 2003 (6:42 p.m.) 

howard shore stands a good chance because i think the two
road to
> perdition is cool as well.

> Alan Silvestri's score for "The Mummy Returns" should have been
> nominated for an Oscar (it was superior to James Horner's "A
> Beautiful Mind," Randy Newman's "Monsters, Inc.", and John
> Williams' "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." For this
> year, I see John Williams getting nominated for "Minority
> Report," Howard Shore for "The Two Towers," Thomas Newman
> for "Road to Perdition," and Elmer Bernstein for "Far From
> Heaven." Jerry Goldsmith, Klaus Badelt, and Danny Elfman should be
> nominated (Star Trek: Nemesis, The Time Machine, and Spider-Man,
> respectively), but the Academy probably won't nominate them.
it was superior to James Horner's "A
> Beautiful Mind,"
I dont think so, i agree that TMR is excellent but by no means better than "A Beautiful Mind" Just my opinion!

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Vestard
<Send E-Mail>
(lvl-mac223.usc.edu)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
TMY
Re: I don't know if ANY sequel score would've been nominated ever...   Thursday, January 16, 2003 (12:28 p.m.) 

...because the academy blindly hates sequels and anything that's related with them.

> but do you think TMR should have at least been nominated for the oscar?

Yes I do. It was one of the most breathtaking scores in recent history of filmmusic with absolutely unforgettable themes, large scale dissonant and splendid action cues and a great choral stuff. Not even mentioning it's gorgeous orchestrations and music production. I liked it much better than Goldsmith's "The Mummy" because TMR had way better themes and it wasn't that old-fashioned as Goldsmith's score.

> i know the film is quite crap. imean its okay but the score works
> fantastically well.

You're wrong about the film. The film was better than it's prequel. It had more fun, more romance, more human conflicts...

> in my opinion, its effectiveness can match that of howard shore as well.

Almost. I think that Shore's LotR was (and is) the best filmscore ever written. I give it six stars outta five, hehe.

> oh well, just a thought

It's OK.

> anyway, for this year. i have a strong feeling the John Williams will once
> again be nominated, but he will not walk away with the winners title (as
> usual.
howard shore stands a good chance because i think the two
> towers is better than the first.
road to perdition is cool as well.

My top5:

1. The Two Towers (Shore)
2. The Four Feathers (Horner)
3. The Time Machine (Badelt)
4. Signs (Howard)
5. Road to Perdition (T.Newman)

Vesty


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.