SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Transformers: Last Knight
    2. Cars 3
   3. The Mummy
  4. Wonder Woman
 5. POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales
6. Alien: Covenant


   CURRENT BEST-SELLING SCORES:
       1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
      2. Fantastic Beasts/Find Them
     3. Willow
    4. The Ghost and the Darkness
   5. An American Tail
  6. The Wind and the Lion
 7. Doctor Strange
8. 10 Cloverfield Lane
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: Force Awakens
        2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
       3. Titanic
      4. Avatar
     5. Nineteen Eighty-Four
    6. Gladiator
   7. Star Wars: A New Hope
  8. Animal Farm
 9. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
10. Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Noah (Clint Mansell)
Worse than "Harry Potter"?

Hiltse
(ip-64-134-181-117.public.wayport.
net)


  Responses to this Comment:
AhN
Rob
Ethan R. Smith
Nicolai P. Zwar
Worse than "Harry Potter"?   Monday, April 28, 2014 (5:02 p.m.) 

"Noah" is trash meant to defame His son, our Savior Jesus Christ. It is just another case of the liberal Hollywood agenda being totally ignorant of what the Bible actually says and it will use things like Noah to line its pockets. The movie is a total fabrication of what actually happened and the reason why. In fact, it is so far from that it is most probably the exact opposite as it strays from what the Bible actually says about Noah and the reason for the flood. I haven't seen the movie and don't plan to. Hollywood has enough money from the masses. I will not give it any more of mine for movies like this.

If you think God was mad in this movie just wait till He comes back with a vengeance to those who do not believe in the saving grace of His son. You will all drown in your sins ... as you deserve!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


AhN
(37.dhcp.apogeenet.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Hiltse

  Responses to this Comment:
Ethan R. Smith
Re: Worse than "Harry Potter"?   Tuesday, April 29, 2014 (7:58 p.m.) 

> "Noah" is trash meant to defame His son, our Savior Jesus
> Christ. It is just another case of the liberal Hollywood agenda being
> totally ignorant of what the Bible actually says and it will use things
> like Noah to line its pockets. The movie is a total fabrication of what
> actually happened and the reason why. In fact, it is so far from that it
> is most probably the exact opposite as it strays from what the Bible
> actually says about Noah and the reason for the flood. I haven't seen the
> movie and don't plan to. Hollywood has enough money from the masses. I
> will not give it any more of mine for movies like this.

> If you think God was mad in this movie just wait till He comes back with a
> vengeance to those who do not believe in the saving grace of His son. You
> will all drown in your sins ... as you deserve!

1. Guys, I know I'm a rookie here, but I got this.
2. Let's start with the subject. Your subject mentions Harry Potter, then never refers to it in the comment. This is misleading and possibly a method of pandering for views.
3. If you're referring to the music in your subject, as I would assume, seeing as you are commenting on a film music website, then you need to be more specific. Harry Potter is a sprawling, 8 film franchise that has had 4 different composers, each with a unique style. Is Mansell's work here worse than John Williams' music for Harry Potter? Of course. Is it worse than Doyle's? Perhaps. Personally, I'd place it about even with Desplat's music for 7 and 8 and a little ahead of Hooper's contributions.
4. Again, you don't really specify which composer's work you think is better than Mansell's, and you don't back it up at all because you don't say a thing about music in this post, which is, again, misleading and deceptive and rude towards your fellow forum posters.
5. Shifting gears into what you do say, you mention that the film is "a total fabrication of what actually happened and the reason why," but then you also say that you "haven't seen the movie and don't plan to," which begs the question: How do you know what the movie fabricates and what it doesn't if you haven't seen the movie? You can't dismiss a movie as lies and blasphemy if you haven't even seen it for yourself. If you're basing whether you go see it off of the opinions of your friends and people you respect, that's fine, but don't try to pass their views of the movie off as your own.
6. Heck, even if the movie completely botches the story in Genesis, that doesn't immediately invalidate the quality of the movie. "Argo" had a lot of the story made up, especially the ending, but it was still a great movie. A lack of adherence to the source material does not mean the adaptation will be bad.
7. This movie is about Noah and the ark he builds, based off of what is written in Genesis. Jesus does not appear in Genesis; in fact, he doesn't even appear in the Old Testament. So how is Jesus defamed?
8. Going off of that last point, Aronofsky is Jewish, so he's probably read the Old Testament, but I doubt he made this film with the intent of defaming Jesus.
9. In fact, Aronofsky is one of the rare Hollywood directors who seems to have artistic integrity and doesn't bend to the whims of Hollywood bigwigs who want money. I genuinely believe this film was Aronofsky's interpretation on the tale of Noah and the flood based on what he read in Genesis.
10. Pray tell, what kind of movies would you like to go see? Bible epics with clear morals and heroism that reaffirm faith? Charlton Heston kinda cornered the market on those a while ago. I don't think a remake of "Ben-Hur" or "The Robe" is coming anytime soon.
11. Actually, a remake of Ben-Hur would be pretty sweet, provided they don't rely too much on CGI for the sea battle and the chariot race.
12. Was God mad in this movie? I don't know, since I haven't seen it, but how do you know? You haven't seen it either.
13. You mention "vengeance to those who do not believe in the saving grace of His son." Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Revelation mention saving only 144,000 people? So it doesn't really matter whether most people have faith or not?
14. You claim we will all drown in our sins, but I thought God promised He wouldn't flood the Earth again. Or is this a metaphorical drowning? Does the Bible have metaphors?
15. I have respect for your opinion, and your right to express it. But is a film score review website the place to express this opinion? Maybe on a movie website, or a religious forum, or maybe Darren Aronofsky's front lawn, but probably not on a website people go to for opinions on good music.
16. With all that said, I enjoyed the music for this movie, and I would recommend you give it a listen.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Ethan R. Smith
(ip68-230-64-125.ph.ph.cox.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
AhN
Re: Worse than "Harry Potter"?   Saturday, June 28, 2014 (1:47 a.m.) 

Alright, since I just friended you on Facebook, I'll see what I can do here.

> 1. Guys, I know I'm a rookie here, but I got this.
Yes, you handled that pretty well. Usually the drill is just not to respond to these guys.

> 3. If you're referring to the music in your subject, as I would assume,
> seeing as you are commenting on a film music website, then you need to be
> more specific. Harry Potter is a sprawling, 8 film franchise that has had
> 4 different composers, each with a unique style. Is Mansell's work here
> worse than John Williams' music for Harry Potter? Of course. Is it worse
> than Doyle's? Perhaps. Personally, I'd place it about even with Desplat's
> music for 7 and 8 and a little ahead of Hooper's contributions.
You need to re-evaluate Desplat's scores! They are really something special.

> 5. Shifting gears into what you do say, you mention that the film is
> "a total fabrication of what actually happened and the reason
> why," but then you also say that you "haven't seen the movie and
> don't plan to," which begs the question: How do you know what the
> movie fabricates and what it doesn't if you haven't seen the movie? You
> can't dismiss a movie as lies and blasphemy if you haven't even seen it
> for yourself. If you're basing whether you go see it off of the opinions
> of your friends and people you respect, that's fine, but don't try to pass
> their views of the movie off as your own.

According to lots of reviews, they do go out of there way to tamper with the story and add random Hollywoodisms. Although they had to in order to make the movie interesting, I think. I haven't seen it either.

> 6. Heck, even if the movie completely botches the story in Genesis, that
> doesn't immediately invalidate the quality of the movie. "Argo"
> had a lot of the story made up, especially the ending, but it was still a
> great movie. A lack of adherence to the source material does not mean the
> adaptation will be bad.

Yes. I completely agree with this.

> 7. This movie is about Noah and the ark he builds, based off of what is
> written in Genesis. Jesus does not appear in Genesis; in fact, he doesn't
> even appear in the Old Testament. So how is Jesus defamed?

I suppose the argument would be that "If God is defamed, so is Jesus" because of their connectedness.

> 10. Pray tell, what kind of movies would you like to go see? Bible epics
> with clear morals and heroism that reaffirm faith? Charlton Heston kinda
> cornered the market on those a while ago. I don't think a remake of
> "Ben-Hur" or "The Robe" is coming anytime soon.

Actually, Harry Potter falls much more into the Christian worldview than Star Wars does. Harry Potter has very clearly defined good guys and bad guys, and preaches ideas about how love conquers all. Star Wars, on the other hand, invents all powerful mystical forces that people form cults around. (Haha. Seriously, though, when you look at it like that. I don't understand the Harry Potter hate..)

> 11. Actually, a remake of Ben-Hur would be pretty sweet, provided they
> don't rely too much on CGI for the sea battle and the chariot race.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. But they'll probably have Lorne Balf score it. And then all the Zimmer fanboys will be like "IT'S A REBOOT. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE THE ORIGINAL."

> 13. You mention "vengeance to those who do not believe in the saving
> grace of His son." Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Revelation
> mention saving only 144,000 people? So it doesn't really matter whether
> most people have faith or not?

This is what made me want to comment on your post, actually. There's a bit of a misconception here. While Revelation does mention the number 144,000 on two occasions, it is commonly interpreted as a symbolic number (12 is already complete, square it and multiply it by 1000 and you have a very perfect looking number. Or Something like that.) The verse can either be seen completely figuratively (ie, a large number of "people" are being sealed into heaven) or "144,000 ISRAELITES are going to Heaven." Only the Jehovah's witnesses take this to mean that ONLY 144,000 people will go to heaven at all. They also do some other stuff with numerology in the Bible like multiplying it all together to guess dates and stuff. Just giving you some context.

> 14. You claim we will all drown in our sins, but I thought God promised He
> wouldn't flood the Earth again. Or is this a metaphorical drowning? Does
> the Bible have metaphors?
He's being metaphorical. No more floods.

> 15. I have respect for your opinion, and your right to express it. But is
> a film score review website the place to express this opinion? Maybe on a
> movie website, or a religious forum, or maybe Darren Aronofsky's front
> lawn, but probably not on a website people go to for opinions on good
> music.

This. I don't understand why there's so many Christian trolls around here.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Rob
<Send E-Mail>
(cpepool8ccmts1-247.sanbrunocable.
com)

  In Response to:
Hiltse
Re: Worse than "Harry Potter"?   Wednesday, April 30, 2014 (3:07 a.m.) 

> "Noah" is trash meant to defame His son, our Savior Jesus
> Christ. It is just another case of the liberal Hollywood agenda being
> totally ignorant of what the Bible actually says and it will use things
> like Noah to line its pockets. The movie is a total fabrication of what
> actually happened and the reason why. In fact, it is so far from that it
> is most probably the exact opposite as it strays from what the Bible
> actually says about Noah and the reason for the flood. I haven't seen the
> movie and don't plan to. Hollywood has enough money from the masses. I
> will not give it any more of mine for movies like this.

> If you think God was mad in this movie just wait till He comes back with a
> vengeance to those who do not believe in the saving grace of His son. You
> will all drown in your sins ... as you deserve!

The previous reply pretty much said it all, but I'm gonna add a little more. You are a prime example of how a lot of Christians reacted to this film, "Jesus this", "Jesus that". But......Genesis is from the OLD TESTAMENT aka the Torah aka the Hebrew Bible. It has NOTHING to do with Jesus. That's the New Testament.

Now, as already mentioned, this is a Film Score website and your post has nothing to do with music.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Ethan R. Smith
(ip68-230-64-125.ph.ph.cox.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Hiltse
Re: Worse than "Harry Potter"?   Saturday, June 28, 2014 (1:48 a.m.) 

> as you deserve!

You do, too, my friend.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Nicolai P. Zwar
<Send E-Mail>
(185.22.141.123)

  In Response to:
Hiltse
Re: Worse than 'Harry Potter'? [EDITED]   Friday, December 30, 2016 (3:05 a.m.) 

> If you think God was mad in this movie just wait till He comes back with a
> vengeance to those who do not believe in the saving grace of His son. You
> will all drown in your sins ... as you deserve!

Thanks, I came to filmtracks.com wondering what people think of Clint Mansell's film score for NOAH, and leave this site now with a profound desire to become a Christian. God bless you, son!


(Message edited on Friday, December 30, 2016, at 3:06 a.m.)


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2017, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.