1. Incredibles 2
       3. Blade Runner 2049
     5. Thor: Ragnarok
    6. The Avengers
   7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
 9. Dunkirk
10. Phantom Thread
Comments about the soundtrack for The Hunt for Red October (Basil Poledouris)
Hunt for Red October theme

Anatolij Tretov
(cache-tre-1.inet.fi)

Luke Rudolph
marchforth
Hunt for Red October theme   Saturday, September 22, 2001 (7:52 a.m.)

The movie is great, and so is the music, but I wonder why it is not mentioned anywhere that the Theme song (the one that begins with words about cold, hard and empty in russian) is based upon the old "Hymn To The Red Army", that was made in the Soviet Union!

Luke Rudolph
(131.156.182.73)

Anatolij Tretov

Anatolij Tretov
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Thursday, November 15, 2001 (11:21 a.m.)

This song wasnt just based off "The Hymn to the Red Army", all it was is a remake of the old one. Great song, though... love it.

Anatolij Tretov
(cache-tre-1.inet.fi)

Luke Rudolph

doom
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Thursday, November 15, 2001 (12:24 p.m.)

> This song wasnt just based off "The Hymn to the Red Army", all
> it was is a remake of the old one. Great song, though... love it.

Yes it is a masterpiece, but still, it is the "Hymn to the Red Army", which had no lyrics (what I know). But what annoyes me is that it is not mentioned that the music in fact IS the Hymn to the Red Army, and not a new composition.

doom
(ppp-134-227.29-151.libero.it)

Anatolij Tretov

Anatolij Tretov
Luke Rudolph
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Friday, November 16, 2001 (10:55 a.m.)

Where can i find this song you mention? I couldn't find on usual music sharing tools... Please write me an email if you can

Anatolij Tretov
(cache-tre-1.inet.fi)

doom

doom
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Saturday, November 17, 2001 (3:11 a.m.)

> Where can i find this song you mention? I couldn't find on usual music
> sharing tools... Please write me an email if you can

Where to find it...damn good question, it is very old (from the era around World War II or so). I think I got it from an old EP recording or something, not from the web. I can try to mail it to you.

doom
(ppp-252-23.24-151.libero.it)

Anatolij Tretov

stefano frantz
stefano frantz
Phil Johnson
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Sunday, November 18, 2001 (9:13 a.m.)

> Where to find it...damn good question, it is very old (from the era around
> World War II or so). I think I got it from an old EP recording or
> something, not from the web. I can try to mail it to you.

Thank you. i got it....actually it's the same basic theme, but damn....great remake...

stefano frantz
(212.171.19.40)

doom

Red October
Hunt for Red October theme   Tuesday, April 16, 2002 (5:29 a.m.)

Hallo,
I'm Stefano from Italy, a petty officer of Italian Navy.
It's my first time on this web site...
Can anybody help me to find sound-track of the film?
Help me, thanks!!

Red October
(p3ee2088a.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)

stefano frantz

stephan nouwens
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Saturday, May 25, 2002 (2:55 p.m.)

> Hallo,
I'm Stefano from Italy, a petty officer of Italian Navy.
It's my first time on this web site...
Can anybody help me to find
> sound-track of the film?
Help me, thanks!!

stephan nouwens
(cp754601-a.tilbu1.nb.home.nl)

Red October

Dan Woodrow
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Tuesday, July 19, 2005 (12:46 p.m.)

Hey Stefano,

'Don't know or you allready found it but i found it in a few minutes. Here's the link:

Take this song:

Hymn To The Hunt For Red October [Singingfish]
Hans Zimmer 05:05 MP3 128K

It isn't the original but contains it completely.

Hope you can do something with it,

Stephan

I'm Stefano from Italy, a petty officer of Italian Navy.
It's my first
> time on this web site...
Can anybody help me to find
Help me,
> thanks!!

> http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000002O7C/

> http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000026E45/

> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000026E45/

Dan Woodrow
(host81-157-66-253.range81-157.btc
entralplus.com)

stephan nouwens
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Sunday, June 4, 2006 (1:24 p.m.)

I don't know if this will clear anything up, But from looking at my Soviet Choir CD its an exact copy of "Red October Hymn" from the Red Army Choir, this may clear away any confusion!

stefano frantz
(212.171.19.40)

doom
Hunt for Red October theme   Tuesday, April 16, 2002 (5:31 a.m.)

Hallo,
I'm Stefano from Italy, a petty officer of Italian Navy.
It's my first time on this web site...
Can anybody help me to find sound-track of the film?
Help me, thanks!!
CIAO

Phil Johnson
(cr209885214.cable.net.co)

doom
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Saturday, September 14, 2002 (1:58 p.m.)

Hey, if anyone's got the Hymn to Red October, could they mail it to me? I've looked all over the web, and I can't find it for free. If you know a link to a website with downloads, I'd appreciate it.

Luke Rudolph
(131.156.182.73)

doom
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Saturday, November 17, 2001 (11:33 a.m.)

> Where can i find this song you mention? I couldn't find on usual music
> sharing tools... Please write me an email if you can

I happened to stumble across it on accident at this address:
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/1071/sound.html

The recording is obviously old, but it is a great example of the song.

marchforth
(dsl.Har.201.24.101.203.touchtelin
dia.net)

Anatolij Tretov
Re: Hunt for Red October theme   Saturday, January 1, 2005 (9:19 a.m.)

The one in the soundtrack is the song being performed by the "Russian Red Army Choir" - Awesome!!!!

> The movie is great, and so is the music, but I wonder why it is not
> mentioned anywhere that the Theme song (the one that begins with words
> about cold, hard and empty in russian) is based upon the old "Hymn To
> The Red Army", that was made in the Soviet Union!