SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Incredibles 2
    2. Solo: A Star Wars Story
   3. Deadpool 2
  4. Avengers: Infinity War
 5. A Quiet Place
6. Ready Player One
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
        2. Gladiator
       3. Blade Runner 2049
      4. Batman
     5. Thor: Ragnarok
    6. The Avengers
   7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Avatar
 9. Dunkirk
10. Phantom Thread
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for The Hunt for Red October (Basil Poledouris)
Ahem...good transliteration.

F&AM
(1cust126.tnt24.sjc4.da.uu.net)


  Responses to this Comment:
F&AM
nikola srbin
скоттиш-фолд
Ahem...good transliteration.   Monday, September 22, 2003 (10:36 p.m.) 

Ok, I can't say Herman Sinitzen's transliteration is bad, but it IS because he basically was splitting up words and what not to flow with the beat...and he did not remain consistent in the lettering...I explain some of my thoughts below...to keep this small, I shall post a reply hopefully with the Cyrillic version, so you can all see what Russian Looks like, particularly the song

Maybe if you're fanatical enough you'll learn the letters lol

Have fun.

Oh ... one Translation correction...or well, I feel it's a better choice.

"ee mrachna v'dooshe" (И мрачно в душе) I feel is better translated as "And darkness at heart." rather than it's former translation of "and the light has left me."

INSTRUCTIONS: If you can't see the cyrillic you'll have to change your encoding (doesn't harm anything) by right clicking on the screen, selecting encoding, then select more, then select whatever variety of "cyrillic" (windows//KOI8-R so on) works to show you russian...you'll know you have it, as the letters will look consistent, and not be ruined by boxes and squigglys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HYMN TO RED OCTOBER

Words and Music by Basil Poledouris

Russian Translation by Herman Sinitzen

Holodna hmoora.
>> Cold, hard, empty.
Ee mrachnah v'doosheh
>>And darkness at heart,
Kak mohg znat ya shtoh tee oomriosh?
>>How could I know that you would die?

Do svidonia, byehreg rodnoy
>>Farewell, native coast.
Kak nam troodnag pridstahvit shtoh eto nyeh sohn.
>>So hard for us to imagine that it's real, and not a dream.
Rodina, dom radnoy,
>>Motherland, native home,
Do svidonia Rodina.
>>Farewell, our Motherland.

Ey. Ee v pakhod, ee v pakhod, nas valnah marskaya zhdyot neh
dazhdyotsya.
>>Let's go; the sea is waiting for us.
Nas zahvyot marskaya dahl, ee preeboy!
>>The vastness of the sea is calling to us, and the tides!

Salute otsam ee nasheem dedum
>>Hail to our fathers and forefathers.
Zahveetam eekh fseegdah verniy.
>>We are faithful to the covenant made with the past.
Tipehr neechtoh, ne astanoveet,
>>Now nothing can stop
Pabednye shag, radnoy straniy.
>>Our Motherland's victorious march.

Tiy pliyvee, pliyvee bestrashna,
>>Sail on fearlessly,
Gordast severniykh mareye.
>>Pride of the Northern Seas.
Revolyutzii nadezhdah sgoostok veriy vsekh lyudeye.
>>Hope of the Revolution, you are the burst of faith of the people.

the last two stanzas repeat a couple of times, then...

V oktyabreh, v oktyabreh,
>> In October, in October,
Rahpartooyem miy nashee pabediy.
>>We report our victories to you, our Revolution.
V oktyabreh, v oktyabreh,
Novie meer dahlee nam nashee dediy.
>>And to the heritage left by you for us

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the corrected transliteration, and I corrected a few translations I feel fit better.

This is corrected such that you actualy are reading the words, and not how they are "sung". Several of the words in the other transliteration are actually incorrect, so if you wish to know what is really being sung, view this, then you can see where to stress and drag words out for the song with the other transliteration.

I did my best to keep the phonetics the same...ee representing a letter of one type, iy another and so on.

Realize that this does not fully grasp the sound the actual letter is representing, as some of the sounds do not exist in the english language.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


F&AM
(1cust126.tnt24.sjc4.da.uu.net)

  In Response to:
F&AM

  Responses to this Comment:
F&AM
Re: Ahem...good transliteration.   Monday, September 22, 2003 (10:47 p.m.) 

INSTRUCTIONS: If you can't see the cyrillic you'll have to change your encoding (doesn't harm anything) by right clicking on the screen, selecting encoding, then select more, then select whatever variety of "cyrillic" (windows//KOI8-R so on) works to show you russian...you'll know you have it, as the letters will look consistent, and not be ruined by boxes and squigglys.

Here's the song in Russian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Холодно, хмуро...
(holadna, hmoora)
И мрачно в душе
(ee mrachna v dooshe)
Как мог знать я
(kak mog znaht ya)
что ты умрёшь?
(chto tiy oomryosh)

До свиданья, берег родной!
(Da sveedahnya, berehg radnoi!)
Как нам трудно представить, что это не сон...
(Kak nam troodna predstaveet, chto eta ne son...)
Родина, дом родной,
(Rodeena, dom rodnoi,)
До свиданья, Родина!
(Da sveedahnya, Rodeena!)

Эй! И в поход, и в поход!
(Ey! EE v pohod, ee v pohod!)
Нас волна морская ждёт не дождётся.
(Nas valna marskaya zhdyot ne dazhdyotcya.)
Нас зовёт морская даль
(Nas zavyot marskaya dahl)
И прибой!
(EE preeboy!)

Салют отцам и нашим дедам -
(Salyut ottzam ee nashee dehdam -)
Заветам их всегда верны.
(Zavetam eekh vsigda verniy.)
Теперь ничто не остановит
(Tipehr neeshto ne astanoveet)
Победный шаг родной страны!
(Pobedniyy shag radnoi straniy!)

Ты плыви, плыви бесстрашно,
(Tiy pliyvee, pliyvee bestrashna,)
Гордость северных морей,
(Gordast severniykh moreye)
Революции надежда,
(Revolyutzee|ee nadezhda,)
Сгусток веры всех людей.
(sgoostok veriy vsekh lyudeye.)

Ты плыви, плыви бесстрашно,
Гордость северных морей,
Революции надежда,
Сгусток веры всех людей.

Салют отцам и нашим дедам -
Заветам их всегда верны.
Теперь ничто не остановит
Победный шаг родной страны!

Ты плыви, плыви бесстрашно,
Гордость северных морей,
Революции надежда,
Сгусток веры всех людей.

В октябре, в октябре
(V Oktyabre, v oktyabre)
Рапортуем мы наши победы.
(Rapartuyem miy nashee pobedniy.)
В октябре, в октябре
(V Oktyabre, v oktyabre)
Новый мир дали нам наши деды!
(Noviye meer dalee nam nashee dediy!)

Ты плыви, плыви бесстрашно,
Гордость северных морей,
Революции надежда,
Сгусток веры всех людей.

Салют отцам и нашим дедам -
Заветам их всегда верны.
Теперь ничто не остановит
Победный шаг родной страны!

В октябре, в октябре
Рапортуем мы наши победы.
В октябре...
Новый мир...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't fill in all the sounds, but I felt you needed some, just to see how it is Have fun.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


F&AM
(1cust126.tnt24.sjc4.da.uu.net)

  In Response to:
F&AM

  Responses to this Comment:
duece
For Cyrillic with Transliteration subtitles, see above, for source website see here!   Monday, September 22, 2003 (11:02 p.m.) 

http://submarine.id.ru/songs.php?004

You can even down load the ochestral version from this site, just click on "Размер: - 4,65 Мb
Длительность: - 5 минут 5 секунд
СКАЧАТЬ" the last part, in all caps, find that right below the picture, click on it, presto...a download...not sure how it's legal but whatever.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


duece
<Send E-Mail>
(cs243167-188.jam.rr.com)

  In Response to:
F&AM
Re: For Cyrillic with Transliteration subtitles, see above, for source website see her   Monday, January 19, 2004 (8:00 p.m.) 

> http://submarine.id.ru/songs.php?004 You can even down load the
> ochestral version from this site, just click on "Размер: - 4,65 Мb
>
Длительность: - 5 минут 5 секунд
СКАЧАТЬ" the last part, in
> all caps, find that right below the picture, click on it, presto...a
> download...not sure how it's legal but whatever.

thank you so very, very much


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


nikola srbin
<Send E-Mail>
(nbg-i106.dial.b92.net)

  In Response to:
F&AM
Re: Ahem...good transliteration.   Monday, September 13, 2004 (7:57 a.m.) 

> Ok, I can't say Herman Sinitzen's transliteration is bad, but it IS
> because he basically was splitting up words and what not to flow with the
> beat...and he did not remain consistent in the lettering...I explain some
> of my thoughts below...to keep this small, I shall post a reply hopefully
> with the Cyrillic version, so you can all see what Russian Looks like,
> particularly the song

> Maybe if you're fanatical enough you'll learn the letters lol

> Have fun.

> Oh ... one Translation correction...or well, I feel it's a better choice.

> "ee mrachna v'dooshe" (И мрачно в душе) I feel is better
> translated as "And darkness at heart." rather than it's former
> translation of "and the light has left me."

> INSTRUCTIONS: If you can't see the cyrillic you'll have to change your
> encoding (doesn't harm anything) by right clicking on the screen,
> selecting encoding, then select more, then select whatever variety of
> "cyrillic" (windows//KOI8-R so on) works to show you
> russian...you'll know you have it, as the letters will look consistent,
> and not be ruined by boxes and squigglys.

>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> HYMN TO RED OCTOBER

> Words and Music by Basil Poledouris

> Russian Translation by Herman Sinitzen

> Holodna hmoora.
Ee mrachnah v'doosheh
Kak mohg znat ya shtoh tee
> oomriosh?

> Do svidonia, byehreg rodnoy
Kak nam troodnag pridstahvit shtoh eto
> nyeh sohn.
Rodina, dom radnoy,
Do svidonia Rodina.

> Ey. Ee v pakhod, ee v pakhod, nas valnah marskaya zhdyot neh
>
dazhdyotsya.
Nas zahvyot marskaya dahl, ee preeboy!

> Salute otsam ee nasheem dedum
Zahveetam eekh fseegdah verniy.
>
Tipehr neechtoh, ne astanoveet,
Pabednye shag, radnoy straniy.

> Tiy pliyvee, pliyvee bestrashna,
Gordast severniykh mareye.
>
Revolyutzii nadezhdah sgoostok veriy vsekh lyudeye.

> the last two stanzas repeat a couple of times, then...

> V oktyabreh, v oktyabreh,
Rahpartooyem miy nashee pabediy.
V
> oktyabreh, v oktyabreh,
Novie meer dahlee nam nashee dediy.

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

graet song, great people of russian... brothers
братја

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


скоттиш-фолд
<Send E-Mail>
(ip-072-083.nat-pool.silvernet.ru)

  In Response to:
F&AM
Re: Ahem...good transliteration.   Wednesday, September 16, 2009 (12:35 p.m.) 

I'm better then you, because I smoke cock!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.