SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Captain Marvel
    2. HTTYD: The Hidden World
   3. The Lego Movie 2
  4. Aquaman
 5. Spider-Man: Into Spider-Verse
6. Bumblebee
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Batman
        2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
       3. Apollo 13
      4. Edward Scissorhands
     5. How to Train Your Dragon
    6. Jurassic World: Kingdom
   7. First Man
  8. Solo: A Star Wars Story
 9. Justice League
10. Ready Player One
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (John Williams)
A few things I didn't agree with

Mark
(165.134.170.180)


  Responses to this Comment:
Jace
A few things I didn't agree with   Sunday, April 17, 2005 (1:41 p.m.) 

First of all, I disagree that there is a lack of developed themes in this soundtrack. It's still not up to par with the original trilogy, but I still think it is better than the other prequel movies. I would rank it 4 out of the 6 Star Wars movies.

I also like the way that he transistions to music from the old trilogy to the new one by using old themes for the finale (called "A New Hope"). However, when I'd read the list of cues a few weeks ago and saw that "The Birth of the Twins" was on there, I was really hoping to hear "Luke and Leia's Theme," just like Clemmensen.

Overall, I think this is a wonderful score. It is one of the best I have heard in years (if not the best). I'm not going to make any definitive judgements yet, but I think it would be very unlikely that someone comes up with a better score than this in 2005. I would give it ***** and wouldn't be suprised if it took the Oscar this year (but I know, we still have a whole year ahead of us, so I'm not going to bet my life on that.)

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Jace
<Send E-Mail>
(pcp08682568pcs.gdlett01.fl.comcas
t.net)

  In Response to:
Mark
Re: A few things I didn't agree with   Tuesday, June 7, 2005 (8:03 p.m.) 

> I also like the way that he transistions to music from the old trilogy to
> the new one by using old themes for the finale (called "A New
> Hope"). However, when I'd read the list of cues a few weeks ago and
> saw that "The Birth of the Twins" was on there, I was really
> hoping to hear "Luke and Leia's Theme," just like Clemmensen.

The Luke and Leia theme does not develop until Luke realizes that they are brother and sister. In Episodes IV and V the theme does not yet exist because they have not yet realized their family connection. In Episode III they are obviously too young to contemplate their relationship and they are newborns. There were pleanty of scenes involving only Luke and Leia together in IV-V that were NOT accompanied by this theme because they don't realize they are twins. Looking at the saga in chronological order, it would not make sense to hear the theme in Episode III, have a complete absense of the theme in the following two episodes, then have a sudden reemergence of the theme in Episode IV.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2019, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.