1. San Andreas
      4. Maleficent
     5. LOTR: Return of the King
    6. Hobbit: Unexpected Journey
   7. Interstellar
  8. Moulin Rouge
10. How to Train Your Dragon 2
Comments about the soundtrack for Spy Game (Harry Gregson-Williams)
Female voice?

Levente Benedek
(line-222-81.dial.matav.net)

Don Smith
nancydrew
DINA EG.
tikaani
Boutwell
Female voice?   Monday, February 11, 2002 (11:08 a.m.)

There is a beautiful female voice on the soundtrack, and I want to know the lyrics. This beautiful voice is in track 10 and 18.

Don Smith
(spider-wn021.proxy.aol.com)

Levente Benedek

nancydrew
Levente Benedek
Re: Female voice?   Sunday, March 3, 2002 (7:55 p.m.)

> There is a beautiful female voice on the soundtrack, and I want to know
> the lyrics. This beautiful voice is in track 10 and 18.
Dude, That's a dude who's singing. Actually it's a boy who's voice hasn't cracked yet. don't know if he's singing any language. Might be like Gladiator, just simple blurs of senteces that have no real meaning.

nancydrew
(adsl-157-67-248.msy.bellsouth.net)

Don Smith

Grumoz
Re: Female voice?   Friday, March 8, 2002 (7:11 a.m.)

Dude, That's a dude who's singing. Actually it's a boy who's voice hasn't
> cracked yet. don't know if he's singing any language. Might be like
> Gladiator, just simple blurs of senteces that have no real meaning.

Sounds like a female voice singing in Gaelic. Does anyone have a translation? Does anyone know the singer's name?

Grumoz
(hse-toronto-ppp288381.sympatico.c
a)

nancydrew

[M]silver
Re: Female voice?   Thursday, May 30, 2002 (12:07 a.m.)

> Dude, That's a dude who's singing. Actually it's a boy who's voice hasn't

> Sounds like a female voice singing in Gaelic. Does anyone have a
> translation? Does anyone know the singer's name?

It is not a female voice,
it is even in the credits,
it is listed as a "boy soprano" and i have been IN a choir for several years so i can tell you, it is a young male singing.

check out a song called Misere, same type of thing in there.

[M]silver
(pd955d463.dip.t-dialin.net)

Grumoz

Karl
Re: Female voice?   Sunday, June 23, 2002 (10:30 a.m.)

> It is not a female voice,
it is even in the credits,
it is listed
> as a "boy soprano" and i have been IN a choir for several years
> so i can tell you, it is a young male singing.

> check out a song called Misere, same type of thing in there.

the name of the singer is Timothy Washburn, perhaps this helps you.

Karl
(170.29.5.10)

[M]silver
Lyrics? Might be...   Friday, December 16, 2005 (12:45 a.m.)

I think too it's a falsetto voice (young boy's-Timothy Washburn? ). Here is what I've gathered for the lyrics.. what I don't know I made up :o)

No terro yo brievo adorche
blah blah que mundo supra
no que no que de something la la
no terro yo crieo adorche

sounds somethign like a plea for no more terror?
what do you think?
Can't sombody play this on VHS, press mute on the TV and read the subtitles? I've tried it with a DVD and it didn't work...

Levente Benedek
(f1.bp.sulinet.hu)

Don Smith

Mr. T.
Don Smith
Re: Female voice?   Monday, March 11, 2002 (5:48 a.m.)

Dude, did you listend the soundtrack? In track 18 a female is singing. And in track 10 and as I remember in track 14. Thats all.

Mr. T.
(pc56.wiwi.uni-duesseldorf.de)

Levente Benedek

imaliciak
Re: Female voice?   Thursday, March 21, 2002 (2:57 a.m.)

> Dude, did you listend the soundtrack? In track 18 a female is singing. And
> in track 10 and as I remember in track 14. Thats all.

Actually, guys, I would not be so sure that the voice is one of a woman. In fact, a young boys voice pretty much sounds the same.
Anyways, from what I hear the text goes something like

"lacrima dulce ..." which could be italian or latin also ...

regards,
T.

imaliciak
(acad57ee.ipt.aol.com)

Mr. T.

tom
Re: Female voice?   Monday, May 27, 2002 (1:27 p.m.)

> Actually, guys, I would not be so sure that the voice is one of a woman.
> In fact, a young boys voice pretty much sounds the same.
Anyways, from
> what I hear the text goes something like

> "lacrima dulce ..." which could be italian or latin also ...

> regards,
T.
I think dulce means candy.. or maybe sweetness or something like that. Yeah, los dulces means candies, yo.

tom
(ip182032.wh.uni-hannover.de)

imaliciak
Re: Female voice?   Monday, March 1, 2004 (5:57 p.m.)

The translation: lacrima means tear and dulce means something like sweet --> sweet tear. I can be Latin or Italian. Both is possible.

Don Smith
(spider-wi062.proxy.aol.com)

Levente Benedek
Re: Female voice?   Monday, April 1, 2002 (8:36 p.m.)

> Dude, did you listend the soundtrack? In track 18 a female is singing. And
> in track 10 and as I remember in track 14. Thats all.
Trust me on this one man, it's a boy soprano singing--not a woman.

nancydrew
(adsl-157-67-248.msy.bellsouth.net)

Levente Benedek
Re: Female voice?   Friday, March 8, 2002 (7:09 a.m.)

> There is a beautiful female voice on the soundtrack, and I want to know
> the lyrics. This beautiful voice is in track 10 and 18.

I also would like a translation from the Gaelic verse. Does anyone have any ideas as to how one would go about obtaining the lyrics? Does anyone know the name of the female whose voice we hear?

DINA EG.
(217.29.140.15)

Levente Benedek
Re: Female voice?   Tuesday, June 11, 2002 (1:01 a.m.)

> There is a beautiful female voice on the soundtrack, and I want to know
> the lyrics. This beautiful voice is in track 10 and 18.
HI ALL;

I WANT TO TELL EVERY ONE FIRST THAT SHE IS AN ARABIC SINGER & THIS IS AN ARABIC LANGUAGE THE SONGS THE SINGER NAME IS ( PASCAL MESHALANI ) THE NAME OF THE SONG IS ( NOUR ELSHAMS ) ITS TRANSLATION IS ( THE SUN LIGHT ). THATS ALLIT IS NOT LATIN .

tikaani
(12-215-229-19.client.mchsi.com)

Levente Benedek

Tess
this is a young soprano   Monday, June 17, 2002 (1:53 p.m.)

> There is a beautiful female voice on the soundtrack, and I want to know
> the lyrics. This beautiful voice is in track 10 and 18.

This is a young soprano by the name of Timothy Washburn.

Tess
(ip-wv-66-190-127-098.charterwv.ne
t)

tikaani
Re: this is a young soprano   Monday, January 5, 2004 (3:48 p.m.)

> This is a young soprano by the name of Timothy Washburn.

The name of the boy is correct and I'm pretty sure that he's singing in Latin. I, too, was hoping that I could find the lyrics - I speak Italian, so I can understand some of what he sings about... Does anyone know where the lyrics originate and where the translation can be found? Much thanks!

Boutwell
(71-8-73-137.dhcp.leds.al.charter.
com)

Levente Benedek
Re: Female voice?   Sunday, January 29, 2006 (3:29 p.m.)

> There is a beautiful female voice on the soundtrack, and I want to know
> the lyrics. This beautiful voice is in track 10 and 18.
Thank you to the person who posted the answer to this question. I bought the soundtrack trying to locate that voice (still haven't heard it on the sound track because I don't have the patience to listen to all the action music.) The female voice was in the scene where he (Muir) is in the office meeting pondering what to do to rescue the Pitt character. I still don't know where that is on the soundtrack. if anyone does, please let me know. Jaboutwell@aol.com. I will probably not be back here to pick up the answer, so pleae email.

Copyright © 1998-2015, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
Filmtracks takes no responsibility for any offense or mental trauma caused by this forum. Behold the Scoreboard motto to better understand why this party is relentlessly trolled.