SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Halloween
    2. Venom
   3. House With a Clock/Walls
  4. The Nun
 5. Crazy Rich Asians
6. The Meg
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Solo: A Star Wars Story
        2. Batman
       3. Jurassic World: Kingdom
      4. The Predator
     5. Edward Scissorhands
    6. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
   7. Christopher Robin
  8. Apollo 13
 9. Ant-Man and the Wasp
10. The Equalizer 2
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Tears of the Sun (Hans Zimmer)
A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics

The Kong
(c803765-h.colbuf1.ny.home.com)


  Responses to this Comment:
Defrère Jérémy
ugly joe
Nate U
A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Wednesday, April 9, 2003 (10:07 a.m.) 

The lack of depth to your knowledge of film music is staggering. You think Hans Zimmer is GOD, forgetting that Zimmer is still only one slightly-better-than-average entry in a long line of composers that is topped by Max Steiner, Miklos Rozsa, Franz Waxman, and Erich Korngold.

If you stop screwing your Tears of the Sun and Black Hawk Down CDs long enough to think clearly, then maybe you will understand that Hans Zimmer is not only average at best these days, but completely incapable of producing or arranging anything good solo, on his own talents.

My suggestion: remove your penis from the playhole of your Zimmer albums, and get on with your life.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Defrère Jérémy
<Send E-Mail>
(193.190.111.4)

  In Response to:
The Kong

  Responses to this Comment:
Spartacus
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Friday, April 11, 2003 (1:52 a.m.) 

> The lack of depth to your knowledge of film music is staggering. You think
> Hans Zimmer is GOD, forgetting that Zimmer is still only one
> slightly-better-than-average entry in a long line of composers that is
> topped by Max Steiner, Miklos Rozsa, Franz Waxman, and Erich Korngold.

> If you stop screwing your Tears of the Sun and Black Hawk Down CDs long
> enough to think clearly, then maybe you will understand that Hans Zimmer
> is not only average at best these days, but completely incapable of
> producing or arranging anything good solo, on his own talents.

> My suggestion: remove your penis from the playhole of your Zimmer albums,
> and get on with your life.

I normally don't reply to such brainless comments like yours, but this time, that is quite enough, you've gone way too far, The Kong.

Do you really think we're that close-minded as to listen to only one artist's music ? Well, I'm going to tell you something : if there is one close-minded person in this room, that is YOU, man, you who can't help criticizing us on unfair grounds, without even trying to provide any valuable reason, and without knowing us. It's a fact, you don't tolerate fanatics. But, really, who cares what you think, man?????????? If you got sod-all interesting to utter, then you'd better keep your damn trap shut, that's a piece of advice. I can't stand people like you, really, they get on my nerves, they think they hold the ultimate truth, that everything that has nothing to do with their restricted world of tastes can only be crap, that everything that is different from their habits is crap as well. But let me tell you something, dummy, you don't know about us, man! To sum up, next time you feel like sharing your useless opinions, please save us the trouble of having to read them. You need serious help, man. I'm afraid your case is lost.

PS: too bad they no longer accept crazy folks like you in asylums.

JD

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Spartacus
<Send E-Mail>
(athei53-b-236.otenet.gr)

  In Response to:
Defrère Jérémy

  Responses to this Comment:
the_negotiator1
the_negotiator1
ugly joe
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Sunday, April 13, 2003 (12:39 p.m.) 

Look guys... I really did not like the way The Kong wrote his opinion about Zimmer, he is too absolute and that is wrong, but I have to agree with him that we soundtrack fans like it or not Hans Zimmer is a very mediocre composer compared to other great talents and composers of earlier generations or his one, too. He cannot write good solos and when he does he usually "recycles" them. Take for example "The Rock" & then the "Peacemaker"! I think that if he did not have as a co-copmposer at his recent works Lisa Gerrard the final results were going to be pretty bad!It is a little bit irritating rating with 3 stars such a mediocre album, which is not really a movie score! It is an african ethnik music album!!! I usually do not give attention to the "stars". But you know... some things (obvious to me personally ok) should be avoided from now on. Thanks for hearing me. (sorry for my just fair English, it is not my mother tongue)

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


the_negotiator1
(adsl-81-160-147.asm.bellsouth.net)

  In Response to:
Spartacus

  Responses to this Comment:
byro
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Sunday, April 20, 2003 (9:26 a.m.) 

What do you mean "take for example The Rock and The Peacemaker"? Zimmer wrote the themes for THE ROCK, and that was the best part about it. All other music was written solely by Nick Glennie-Smith and Harry Gregson-Williams. As for THE PEACEMAKER, Hans Zimmer wrote the majority of it, including the best parts. Gavin Greenaway only wrote a few cues, and those were based on Zimmer's themes.

The soundtrack for TEARS OF THE SUN is an entirely different matter. It is a collaborative score, the same way that BLACK HAWK DOWN, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2, and HANNIBAL were scored.

You cannot say "Everyone has to agree that Zimmer is a 2nd-rate composer", because everyone has a different opinion. That doesn't make them right or wrong. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with prefering Zimmer's style over that of, say, John Williams. It's simply personal preference. And there's no need to argue over it, because everyone has a different preference.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


byro
(m321-mp1.cvx1-c.bir.dial.ntli.net)

  In Response to:
the_negotiator1
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Sunday, April 20, 2003 (2:32 p.m.) 

okay. okay. please calm down. We get your point.

If you want to her some humble opinion, read my thread above. It is very heartfelt and i use evidence, and despite those concerns, Zimmer is still my favourite.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


the_negotiator1
(adsl-81-160-147.asm.bellsouth.net)

  In Response to:
Spartacus
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Sunday, April 20, 2003 (9:32 a.m.) 

Also, in response to "Zimmer recycles music" - that is his STYLE, much like every other composer. All composers "recycle" music - John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Newton Howard, Alan Silvestri, James Horner. Elliot Goldenthal. You cannot limit that to Hans Zimmer. One of the reasons that Zimmer's scores tend to sound alike is that he often uses synthesizers, so many of the same sounds and instruments are re-used.

There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, Hans Zimmer has changed his style to a greater extent that a lot of other composers recently. When I buy the latest John Williams or James Newton Howard score, I have a pretty good idea of what it's going to sound like (and that's okay! I expect that). But I never know what to expect when buying a Zimmer score. For example, Broken Arrow is written in a very different manner than The Thin Red Line is.

There's no point in arguing which composer is better than another. Each composer has a different style, and each composer returns to that style as a way of sounding unique.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


ugly joe
<Send E-Mail>
(cliente-217216067081.cm128.senpd.
supercable.es)

  In Response to:
Spartacus

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Sunday, April 20, 2003 (2:01 p.m.) 

Hi, Spartacus

You say "but I have to agree with him that we soundtrack fans like it or not Hans Zimmer is a very mediocre composer compared to other great talents and composers of earlier generations or his one, too"
Let's see. Really, it gets on my nerves when I read such comments. Let's see. On what grounds do you say that Zimmer is mediocre? Ok, that's YOUR opinion, dude. From the moment in which you try to make that subjective opinion of yours a sort of objective Ultimate Truth, something that no one should dare contradict, then what you say is crap, because you are sort of obliging us to admit something that subjective as that. What's your point, man? Zimmer is mediocre? Please, tell me... who are your favourite composers then? Who are not mediocre in your opinion? I'd like to be as wise as you are, I'd love to have the ideas as crystal clear as you seem to have them, I'd like to see the light of Truth. My god... don't you realize that you can't say these things in a forum? Can't you admit that music is a subjective matter and that everyone has his/her own musical preferences and that all of them are right? Can't you understand that what's good for you can be for me? Can't you accept that? This does not mean that your kind of music is per se . This does only mean that for me it is, because music is that subjective. I can't stand comments such as the one given above. Listen, Zimmer is not mediocre. The only problem is that many people out there can't accept the fact that someone has a style that personal and unique. Many people can't accept scores which are not based on your kind of large orchestra. Many people can't accept that someone is always taking risks and doing new things.
Just for you to know, whether you like it or not, cinema owes Zimmer as much as Williams or Rozsa. Steiner, Waxman... they started the whole thing, right. But film music now should not be understood as in the 50s. Cinema has changed. And so has music. And no other musician has helped explore new ways to film scoring as Hans Zimmer. Right, his explorations have not always resulted in good scores. I admit that. But this does not mean that he is mediocre. This means that, as opposed to Williams, who sounds very much the same as he sounded in his first scores, and as opposed to other people who keep making the same music, Zimmer's style is always innovative. It's always providing us with new things. What's wrong with that, man? D'ya think that Hannibal is really a mediocre score? And Gladiator? Now I'll tell ya what my idea of mediocre music is: Artificial Intelligence, Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, The Attack of the Clones... THAT is my idea of mediocre music. The only difference is that I do not take for granted that this music is crap. I just say that for me this music is mediocre, but I do not say: you must admit it, guys, Williams is a second-rate, mediocre composer. Even if I think so, I would never dare say that this way. So please,spare us crap comments are those of yours. You can think this is true, and that's good for yourself, but not for everybody.
You also say that Zimmer does not make good solos and that when he does he is recycling old themes. Well, I don't know how many scores you've listened to, but I can tell you that, if this is true with Zimmer's music, so is it with Jown William's or James Horner's, etc, etc. Why do you always criticize Zimmer's music on such biased grounds and try to make these comments some sort of Ultimate Truth???????? I'm really pissed off. If you can't admit that there is quite much of your recycling in the music of many composers, then your ideas should not be taken so much seriously. You just see what you wanna see.
Listen, dude, The Peacemaker is not a recycling of anything. It's an improvement of a kind of action music Zimmer's been doing for years. And I've listened to no other piece of action music that good.
And the composer of Gladiator is HANS ZIMMER, man, do you understand what I'm saying? Gerrard is no co-composer. She's written just ONE track in the entire album, that is, The Wheat. She also co-wrote Sorrow, Reunion and Elysium with Klaus Badelt, and Now We Are Free together with Zimmer. In total, 5 tracks out of 17. If you listen to the score carefully, you realize that these tracks are quite short, and that they serve the purpose of transition music. If you listen to Gladiator carefully, you realize that the great pieces of music from Gladiator, that is, The Battle, Earth, Patricide, The Might of Rome, Strength and Honor, Barbarian Horde, Am I Not Merciful? and Honor Him... are all made by HANS ZIMMER only! No other collaborator there. Just Zimmer. So.. what's the point of what you say? How can we take those comments of yours seriously? You have no idea of what you're talking about.
So you don't like Tears of the Sun score. That's great, I respect it. So please, respect people who do like it, and please, spare us comments like "Zimmer is mediocre; Zimmer is second-rate..." and all that.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-158-77.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
ugly joe

  Responses to this Comment:
ugly joe
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Friday, June 6, 2003 (7:32 p.m.) 

> Hi, Spartacus

> You say "but I have to agree with him that we soundtrack fans like it
> or not Hans Zimmer is a very mediocre composer compared to other great
> talents and composers of earlier generations or his one, too"
>
Let's see. Really, it gets on my nerves when I read such comments.
> Let's see. On what grounds do you say that Zimmer is mediocre? Ok, that's
> YOUR opinion, dude. From the moment in which you try to make that
> subjective opinion of yours a sort of objective Ultimate Truth, something
> that no one should dare contradict, then what you say is crap, because you
> are sort of obliging us to admit something that subjective as that. What's
> your point, man? Zimmer is mediocre? Please, tell me... who are your
> favourite composers then? Who are not mediocre in your opinion? I'd like
> to be as wise as you are, I'd love to have the ideas as crystal clear as
> you seem to have them, I'd like to see the light of Truth. My god... don't
> you realize that you can't say these things in a forum? Can't you admit
> that music is a subjective matter and that everyone has his/her own
> musical preferences and that all of them are right? Can't you understand
> that what's good for you can be for me? Can't you accept that? This
> does not mean that your kind of music is per se . This does only mean
> that for me it is, because music is that subjective. I can't stand
> comments such as the one given above. Listen, Zimmer is not mediocre. The
> only problem is that many people out there can't accept the fact that
> someone has a style that personal and unique. Many people can't accept
> scores which are not based on your kind of large orchestra. Many people
> can't accept that someone is always taking risks and doing new things.
>
Just for you to know, whether you like it or not, cinema owes Zimmer
> as much as Williams or Rozsa. Steiner, Waxman... they started the whole
> thing, right. But film music now should not be understood as in the 50s.
> Cinema has changed. And so has music. And no other musician has helped
> explore new ways to film scoring as Hans Zimmer. Right, his explorations
> have not always resulted in good scores. I admit that. But this does not
> mean that he is mediocre. This means that, as opposed to Williams, who
> sounds very much the same as he sounded in his first scores, and as
> opposed to other people who keep making the same music, Zimmer's style is
> always innovative. It's always providing us with new things. What's wrong
> with that, man? D'ya think that Hannibal is really a mediocre score? And
> Gladiator? Now I'll tell ya what my idea of mediocre music is: Artificial
> Intelligence, Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, The Attack of the
> Clones... THAT is my idea of mediocre music. The only difference is that I
> do not take for granted that this music is crap. I just say that for me
> this music is mediocre, but I do not say: you must admit it, guys,
> Williams is a second-rate, mediocre composer. Even if I think so, I would
> never dare say that this way. So please,spare us crap comments are those
> of yours. You can think this is true, and that's good for yourself, but
> not for everybody.
You also say that Zimmer does not make good solos
> and that when he does he is recycling old themes. Well, I don't know how
> many scores you've listened to, but I can tell you that, if this is true
> with Zimmer's music, so is it with Jown William's or James Horner's, etc,
> etc. Why do you always criticize Zimmer's music on such biased grounds and
> try to make these comments some sort of Ultimate Truth???????? I'm really
> pissed off. If you can't admit that there is quite much of your recycling
> in the music of many composers, then your ideas should not be taken so
> much seriously. You just see what you wanna see.
Listen, dude, The
> Peacemaker is not a recycling of anything. It's an improvement of a kind
> of action music Zimmer's been doing for years. And I've listened to no
> other piece of action music that good.
And the composer of Gladiator
> is HANS ZIMMER, man, do you understand what I'm saying? Gerrard is no
> co-composer. She's written just ONE track in the entire album, that is,
> The Wheat. She also co-wrote Sorrow, Reunion and Elysium with Klaus
> Badelt, and Now We Are Free together with Zimmer. In total, 5 tracks out
> of 17. If you listen to the score carefully, you realize that these tracks
> are quite short, and that they serve the purpose of transition music. If
> you listen to Gladiator carefully, you realize that the great pieces of
> music from Gladiator, that is, The Battle, Earth, Patricide, The Might of
> Rome, Strength and Honor, Barbarian Horde, Am I Not Merciful? and Honor
> Him... are all made by HANS ZIMMER only! No other collaborator there. Just
> Zimmer. So.. what's the point of what you say? How can we take those
> comments of yours seriously? You have no idea of what you're talking
> about.
So you don't like Tears of the Sun score. That's great, I
> respect it. So please, respect people who do like it, and please, spare us
> comments like "Zimmer is mediocre; Zimmer is second-rate..." and
> all that.

Do you know what the word "Hypocricy" means? I think one could insert that word when describing this comment easily. But anyway, I don't think that Hans Zimmer is as good as you seem to think he is and I do think it is a fact that his scores are getting worse. I recently watched "Nine Months" with a Zimmer score that music was so cheerful and wonderfully charming and then I listened to the audio clips of "Tears of the Sun" when I listen to "Gladiator" I can tell that they are the same person but "Tears of the Sun" is unacceptably terrible! I mean this as opinion despite my use of the word fact, but I think that Horner and Williams are far greater composers. How could you possibly dare to call "Attack Of The Clones" mediocre? The Love theme is in my OPINION the greatest concert suite ever written for film! And "Catch Me if You Can" that is just plain phenominal. William's use of swashbuckling themes is forgotten in that score for light playful jazz. Minority Report is just so dark and phenominal that I don't see how anyone could hate it.

"Listen, Zimmer is not mediocre. The
only problem is that many people out there can't accept the fact that
someone has a style that personal and unique. Many people can't accept
scores which are not based on your kind of large orchestra. Many people
can't accept that someone is always taking risks and doing new things."

Great example of a hypocricy!



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


ugly joe
<Send E-Mail>
(cliente-212079158056.cm256.senpd.
supercable.es)

  In Response to:
Amuro

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Sunday, June 8, 2003 (8:58 a.m.) 

No, but, you know what? I don't care, because I'm sure you will teach me quite well what hypocricy is. Sure you know quite well what being a hypocrite is, am I wrong?

That's fine, then, because I do think Zimmer is as good as I do think as well that Williamas is not as good as you seem to think.
What's the point of your post, man? Ok, we all know now. We know that you don't like Tears of the Sun. Perfect. We know that you think Horner and Goldsmith are better composers. Ok. That's fine. SO WHAT? Do you expect any award for having the most exquisite and refined musical tastes in this forum? Just for you to know, I don't give a damn about what you think, and by the way, if you thought for a moment that your post would offend me or whatever... YOU FAILED! Just keep trying, dude, because you've only made me laugh!
By the way, just for you to know, dude
The Attack of the Clones is, in my opinion, CRAP!!!! And you considering the love theme from this uninspired score the... GREATEST CONCERT SUITE EVER???????????????????????? My god, man, how many scores have you listened so far? I ask you that because you have quite a simplistic and poor conception of what a concert suite should be. Catch me if you Can is good if you suffer from insomnia. And Minority Report is almost as boring and uninteresting as Catch Me If You Can. But, you know, it's Williams, so I think that you must keep worshipping him anyway. Please, go on. Don't let my words interrupt or distract you. Williams is there above us, watching us. Don't let HIM get angry!!!

Yeah, but I'm afraid it is not as good an example as yours. I suppose I must keep learning. In the meantime, go on posting your empty, pointless, childish comments, man. Even if I don't learn to be as hypocrite as you are, at least I'll have fun. And this is something I find quite oftenly at this forum!
Ugly Joe


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-158-77.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
ugly joe

  Responses to this Comment:
ugly joe
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Monday, June 9, 2003 (5:03 p.m.) 

> No, but, you know what? I don't care, because I'm sure you will teach me
> quite well what hypocricy is. Sure you know quite well what being a
> hypocrite is, am I wrong?

> That's fine, then, because I do think Zimmer is as good as I do think as
> well that Williamas is not as good as you seem to think.
What's the
> point of your post, man? Ok, we all know now. We know that you don't like
> Tears of the Sun. Perfect. We know that you think Horner and Goldsmith are
> better composers. Ok. That's fine. SO WHAT? Do you expect any award for
> having the most exquisite and refined musical tastes in this forum? Just
> for you to know, I don't give a damn about what you think, and by the way,
> if you thought for a moment that your post would offend me or whatever...
> YOU FAILED! Just keep trying, dude, because you've only made me laugh!
>
By the way, just for you to know, dude
The Attack of the Clones
> is, in my opinion, CRAP!!!! And you considering the love theme from this
> uninspired score the... GREATEST CONCERT SUITE
> EVER???????????????????????? My god, man, how many scores have you
> listened so far? I ask you that because you have quite a simplistic and
> poor conception of what a concert suite should be. Catch me if you Can is
> good if you suffer from insomnia. And Minority Report is almost as boring
> and uninteresting as Catch Me If You Can. But, you know, it's Williams, so
> I think that you must keep worshipping him anyway. Please, go on. Don't
> let my words interrupt or distract you. Williams is there above us,
> watching us. Don't let HIM get angry!!!

> Yeah, but I'm afraid it is not as good an example as yours. I suppose I
> must keep learning. In the meantime, go on posting your empty, pointless,
> childish comments, man. Even if I don't learn to be as hypocrite as you
> are, at least I'll have fun. And this is something I find quite oftenly at
> this forum!
Ugly Joe

You say no one cares what I say? And why do they care what you say? Because your the great God of film music! I'm sorry I forgot, its incredible its almost as if I was laughing at your posts rather than reading them as a form of study for my music composition classes, I should realize what your saying is complete devine truth but...Oh wait I was laughing at your posts.

if you thought for a moment that your post would offend me or whatever...
YOU FAILED! Just keep trying, dude, because you've only made me laugh!

I wasn't trying to offend you I was posting my "opinion" a word which you don't seem to know!

You hate Jazz don't you? "Catch Me If You Can" is a GREAT score worthy of an academy Award nomination I only wish it could have won! And "Lord of The Rings" won last year over "Harry Potter" or the one that should have won "A Beautiful Mind"! Now LOTR is an "uninspired" score.

Have you listened to any of the scores you called mediocre? I don't think you have.

Amuro

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


ugly joe
<Send E-Mail>
(cliente-212079158056.cm256.senpd.
supercable.es)

  In Response to:
Amuro

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Wednesday, June 11, 2003 (10:02 a.m.) 

> You say no one cares what I say? And why do they care what you say?
> Because your the great God of film music! I'm sorry I forgot, its
> incredible its almost as if I was laughing at your posts rather than
> reading them as a form of study for my music composition classes, I should
> realize what your saying is complete devine truth but...Oh wait I
> was laughing at your posts.

Thanks for your calling me great God of film music, but I can't accept being called like that. I know to what extent you worship everything I say, but just try to hide that and develop your own personality! It will be hard, but you must try anyway!
Hey, that's so curious! I could not help but laughing at you and your posts as well!!!! I must admit that at first I tried to read them and make sense out of them, but that being a "mission: impossible" I realized that there was nothing to understand at all!
You say you are studying music? C'mon, you can do it, man. And if you happened to be able to finish with that, you know that there will always be a place for you in the circus closest to where you live. By the way, I've told ya not to idolize me! And stop laughing that much, or people will know that what they've always thought about you (that is, that you are a hopeless retard) is true!

> I wasn't trying to offend you I was posting my "opinion" a word
> which you don't seem to know!

So was I then, dude. And it was you that replied to my post and initiated this, by the way. Who should be taught about freedom of thought, then?

> You hate Jazz don't you? "Catch Me If You Can" is a GREAT score
> worthy of an academy Award nomination I only wish it could have won! And
> "Lord of The Rings" won last year over "Harry Potter"
> or the one that should have won "A Beautiful Mind"! Now
> LOTR is an "uninspired" score.

The fact is that I like jazz quite a lot. Another big surprise for Mr. Perfect!!!!! And, by the way, what if I don't? Is it a sacrilegy or what? Is it superior to electronic music? Are you one of those retards who do still think that some music styles are superior than others? Are you that fanatic?

In my opinion, Catch Me If You Can is . Lord of the Rings is a masterpiece, far better that Williams' poor and dying effort. Catch... is an uninspired score. A Beautiful Mind is uninspired. LOTR is a sublime masterpice. Maybe it's too complex for you, isn't it? Ask your teacher to teach you to appreciate the excellence of this score. There's still hope left!

> Have you listened to any of the scores you called mediocre? I don't think
> you have.

Who cares about what you think, donkey? You know I have, but you are that closed-minded and fanatic that you can't accept someone having listening to Attack of the Clones, CMIYC or ABM and not liking them. Wake up, dude! Welcome to the real world, where not all people do think what you want them to!!!!!

ugly joe

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-158-77.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
ugly joe

  Responses to this Comment:
ugly joe
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Wednesday, June 11, 2003 (3:53 p.m.) 

> Thanks for your calling me great God of film music, but I can't accept
> being called like that. I know to what extent you worship everything I
> say, but just try to hide that and develop your own personality! It will
> be hard, but you must try anyway!
Hey, that's so curious! I could not
> help but laughing at you and your posts as well!!!! I must admit that at
> first I tried to read them and make sense out of them, but that being a
> "mission: impossible" I realized that there was nothing to
> understand at all!
You say you are studying music? C'mon, you can do
> it, man. And if you happened to be able to finish with that, you know that
> there will always be a place for you in the circus closest to where you
> live. By the way, I've told ya not to idolize me! And stop laughing that
> much, or people will know that what they've always thought about you (that
> is, that you are a hopeless retard) is true!

I have an A+ in my music composition classes. And not many people think I'm a "hopeless retard" I have good grades and I can pretty much write anything i'm asked to.

> So was I then, dude. And it was you that replied to my post and initiated
> this, by the way. Who should be taught about freedom of thought, then?

It was me but I was responding to someone who was saying things (in a more than rude way) about scores which I wanted to respond and put forth my reasons for disagreeing, If I offended you I'm sorry (I mean it)

> The fact is that I like jazz quite a lot. Another big surprise for Mr.
> Perfect!!!!! And, by the way, what if I don't? Is it a sacrilegy or what?
> Is it superior to electronic music? Are you one of those retards who do
> still think that some music styles are superior than others? Are you that
> fanatic?

I like electronic music very much. I love the elctronic music in "The Matrix".
And I do think Jazz, Classical, New Age, and some electronic are far better than Hip Hop and Rap...

> In my opinion, Catch Me If You Can is . Lord of the Rings is a
> masterpiece, far better that Williams' poor and dying effort. Catch... is
> an uninspired score. A Beautiful Mind is uninspired. LOTR is a sublime
> masterpice. Maybe it's too complex for you, isn't it? Ask your teacher to
> teach you to appreciate the excellence of this score. There's still hope
> left!

LOTR is good, don't get me wrong I didn't express my opinion correctly. I love Lotr I just think so many scores have to come before it do you know what I mean just in my opinion compared to CMIYC LOTR is just worthless drivel.

> Who cares about what you think, donkey? You know I have, but you are that
> closed-minded and fanatic that you can't accept someone having listening
> to Attack of the Clones, CMIYC or ABM and not liking them. Wake up, dude!
> Welcome to the real world, where not all people do think what you want
> them to!!!!!

I don't care if you dis-like them, just next time state that in a less "Opinionated" way and sound far more polite...

> ugly joe

Amuro


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


ugly joe
<Send E-Mail>
(cliente-212079158056.cm256.senpd.
supercable.es)

  In Response to:
Amuro

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Saturday, June 14, 2003 (8:04 a.m.) 

> I have an A+ in my music composition classes. And not many people think
> I'm a "hopeless retard" I have good grades and I can pretty much
> write anything i'm asked to.

Ok, ok, what I said was stupid. Sorry for that. I did not mean to say that you are a hopeless retard, and I'm pretty sure that you'll get excellent results in all your exams.

> It was me but I was responding to someone who was saying things (in a more
> than rude way) about scores which I wanted to respond and put forth my
> reasons for disagreeing, If I offended you I'm sorry (I mean it)

All right, I'm sorry as well.

> I like electronic music very much. I love the elctronic music in "The
> Matrix".
And I do think Jazz, Classical, New Age, and some
> electronic are far better than Hip Hop and Rap...

You know what? I also love The Matrix electroic music and New Age. It seems that we do have in the end far more things in common than we expected!

> LOTR is good, don't get me wrong I didn't express my opinion correctly. I
> love Lotr I just think so many scores have to come before it do you know
> what I mean just in my opinion compared to CMIYC LOTR is just worthless
> drivel.

Yeah, I see your point. In my opinion (it's just a very personal opinion, of course), The Lord of the Rings I and II are absolute masterpieces. If The Return of the King does not disappoint us, this will be one of the best musical trilogies ever!

> I don't care if you dis-like them, just next time state that in a less
> "Opinionated" way and sound far more polite...

All right. Anyway, I always try to sound polite. I mean, provided people are polite to me as well! From the moment when someone starts insulting or criticizing my tastes or something like that, I kiss politeness goodbye, because these people don't deserve to be treated politely. Politeness is a reciprocal attitude. Politeness implies respect and tolerance. Everybody has the right to post his/her opinions about any given score, no matter whether these criticisms are positive or negative. But when someone starts insulting or responding to these posts in an unpolite way, we all have the right to reply.
I don't believe in "objective" criticisms, because I think that music is not an objective matter. There's no accounting for tastes. Therefore, I will always post my opinions and ideas, and these will always be opinionated and subjective, because they reflect what I feel about any given piece of music. Since all of us are different, our responses to whatever piece of music will be different as well, and that's great. My policy is simple: I post my ideas without insulting anybody. But if someone replies to any of my posts and starts criticizing me or telling me I'm wrong or that I know nothing about film music(music has nothing to do with knowledge, damn! It has to do with feelings, and all of us have that!) then I'm "obliged" to respond in the same way as I've been treated. So I don't think that I've not been polite. I'm polite if people reply to my posts in a polite way as well, respecting my ideas.

Anyway, I appreciate what you have said in this post and your apologizing, that's why I do apologize for some of the things I've said as well.

ugly joe

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-158-77.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
ugly joe
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Saturday, June 14, 2003 (7:06 p.m.) 

> Ok, ok, what I said was stupid. Sorry for that. I did not mean to say that
> you are a hopeless retard, and I'm pretty sure that you'll get excellent
> results in all your exams.

> All right, I'm sorry as well.
And I do think Jazz, Classical, New Age,
> and some

> You know what? I also love The Matrix electroic music and New Age. It
> seems that we do have in the end far more things in common than we
> expected!

> Yeah, I see your point. In my opinion (it's just a very personal opinion,
> of course), The Lord of the Rings I and II are absolute masterpieces. If
> The Return of the King does not disappoint us, this will be one of the
> best musical trilogies ever!

> All right. Anyway, I always try to sound polite. I mean, provided people
> are polite to me as well! From the moment when someone starts insulting or
> criticizing my tastes or something like that, I kiss politeness goodbye,
> because these people don't deserve to be treated politely. Politeness is a
> reciprocal attitude. Politeness implies respect and tolerance. Everybody
> has the right to post his/her opinions about any given score, no matter
> whether these criticisms are positive or negative. But when someone starts
> insulting or responding to these posts in an unpolite way, we all have the
> right to reply.
I don't believe in "objective" criticisms,
> because I think that music is not an objective matter. There's no
> accounting for tastes. Therefore, I will always post my opinions and
> ideas, and these will always be opinionated and subjective, because they
> reflect what I feel about any given piece of music. Since all of us are
> different, our responses to whatever piece of music will be different as
> well, and that's great. My policy is simple: I post my ideas without
> insulting anybody. But if someone replies to any of my posts and starts
> criticizing me or telling me I'm wrong or that I know nothing about film
> music(music has nothing to do with knowledge, damn! It has to do with
> feelings, and all of us have that!) then I'm "obliged" to
> respond in the same way as I've been treated. So I don't think that I've
> not been polite. I'm polite if people reply to my posts in a polite way as
> well, respecting my ideas.

Your right...

No one who has not been treating another with respect deserves it.

> Anyway, I appreciate what you have said in this post and your apologizing,
> that's why I do apologize for some of the things I've said as well.

> ugly joe

Amuro


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


ugly joe
<Send E-Mail>
(cliente-217216067081.cm128.senpd.
supercable.es)

  In Response to:
The Kong

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Sunday, April 20, 2003 (1:28 p.m.) 

Hi, The Kong
I'm sorry, but you must understand, we are so ignorant that we need wise people like you to enlighten us with the light of your infinite wisdom and musical excellence. Please, pity us poor barbarians who dare listen and enjoy someone that vulgar as Hans Zimmer. Forgive us!!!!!!!!
Please, teach us what we should listen to. Help us differentiate the great gods of music as Rozsa, Steiner, Waxman, Hermann and Korngold from those second-rate composers wanna-be like Hans Zimmer. With your guidance, we will see the light of the Ultimate Truth you only hold.
We know we have sinned. We have dared think that someone who has been making music from the second half of the eighties can be compared to those great gods of yours who started many, many decades ago, when cinema was enjoying its golden age. Sure you are one of those dudes who think that that was the best music and that no modern score or composer can equal that degree of excellence, am I wrong? Please, teach us. So Zimmer is only slightly-better-than-average. Hum, I see. It's true, he's so vulgar. His music is so tasteless, with all those instrumentations, and that ethnic flavour, and all those synths... nothing to do with your kind of film music à la Steiner, am I wrong? Ok, so that's good music. I'm taking notes, teacher. I hope I'll learn the lesson. I hope that I will never listen to this crap again, and that if I listen to something that dares be different, that dares deviate from the sacred path followed by Steiner, Waxman... etc etc... then I will avoid it, don't worry, teacher. Thanks for showing us the right way of doing music. I just hope that someone as ignorant as Hans Zimmer will read your comments and will learn from you as well, great master of all time. Your wisdom should enlighten all of us.

Now if you have believed even for a second that I've been talking seriously, then you must be more stupid than what I now think you are. I don't see the point of posting your stupid comments. No one here gives a ing sod about what you say, dude. My only suggestion is that you go back to the "old good times", where your great idols did still make music, and keep listening and idolizing them. Sure they will be satisfied with someone as idiot as you are saying such senseless things about film music.

In the meantime, if you feel like posting your criticisms over and over again, insulting and humiliating people who have just given their own opinions and ideas (is that a crime, oh master?) just do it. No one here gives a damn about what you say, fortunately. Listen, your opinions are not welcome here. This is not an asylum. You're in the wrong place.
Zimmer is incapable of producing or arranging anything good solo on his own talents? Really? Must I remind you that he is one of the very few composers who has in fact made good solos, without the help of a large orchestra? Spirit provides us with some interesting stuff, in fact. So... what the hell are you talking about, man????????? Has John Williams produced or arranged anything good solo on his own talents recently? Or Goldsmith? Or Horner?
My suggestion: Please, spare us your suggestions. We are not interested at all in what you think.
ugly joe


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-158-77.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
ugly joe

  Responses to this Comment:
ugly joe
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Friday, June 6, 2003 (7:15 p.m.) 

> Hi, The Kong
I'm sorry, but you must understand, we are so ignorant
> that we need wise people like you to enlighten us with the light of your
> infinite wisdom and musical excellence. Please, pity us poor barbarians
> who dare listen and enjoy someone that vulgar as Hans Zimmer. Forgive
> us!!!!!!!!
Please, teach us what we should listen to. Help us
> differentiate the great gods of music as Rozsa, Steiner, Waxman, Hermann
> and Korngold from those second-rate composers wanna-be like Hans Zimmer.
> With your guidance, we will see the light of the Ultimate Truth you only
> hold.
We know we have sinned. We have dared think that someone who has
> been making music from the second half of the eighties can be compared to
> those great gods of yours who started many, many decades ago, when cinema
> was enjoying its golden age. Sure you are one of those dudes who think
> that that was the best music and that no modern score or composer can
> equal that degree of excellence, am I wrong? Please, teach us. So Zimmer
> is only slightly-better-than-average. Hum, I see. It's true, he's so
> vulgar. His music is so tasteless, with all those instrumentations, and
> that ethnic flavour, and all those synths... nothing to do with your kind
> of film music à la Steiner, am I wrong? Ok, so that's good music. I'm
> taking notes, teacher. I hope I'll learn the lesson. I hope that I will
> never listen to this crap again, and that if I listen to something that
> dares be different, that dares deviate from the sacred path followed by
> Steiner, Waxman... etc etc... then I will avoid it, don't worry, teacher.
> Thanks for showing us the right way of doing music. I just hope that
> someone as ignorant as Hans Zimmer will read your comments and will learn
> from you as well, great master of all time. Your wisdom should enlighten
> all of us.

> Now if you have believed even for a second that I've been talking
> seriously, then you must be more stupid than what I now think you are. I
> don't see the point of posting your stupid comments. No one here gives a
> ing sod about what you say, dude. My only suggestion is that you go
> back to the "old good times", where your great idols did still
> make music, and keep listening and idolizing them. Sure they will be
> satisfied with someone as idiot as you are saying such senseless things
> about film music.

> In the meantime, if you feel like posting your criticisms over and over
> again, insulting and humiliating people who have just given their own
> opinions and ideas (is that a crime, oh master?) just do it. No one here
> gives a damn about what you say, fortunately. Listen, your opinions are
> not welcome here. This is not an asylum. You're in the wrong place.
>
Zimmer is incapable of producing or arranging anything good solo on
> his own talents? Really? Must I remind you that he is one of the very few
> composers who has in fact made good solos, without the help of a large
> orchestra? Spirit provides us with some interesting stuff, in fact. So...
> what the hell are you talking about, man????????? Has John Williams
> produced or arranged anything good solo on his own talents recently? Or
> Goldsmith? Or Horner?
My suggestion: Please, spare us your
> suggestions. We are not interested at all in what you think.
ugly joe

What about "A Beautiful Mind" and "Star Wars Episode II" have you forgotten "Star Trek Nemesis"? Zimmer hasn't produced anything EXTREMELY GOOD on his own in quite some time!

Learn about film music and maybe you will realize how stupid your being your way worse than "The Kong"!

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


ugly joe
<Send E-Mail>
(cliente-212079158056.cm256.senpd.
supercable.es)

  In Response to:
Amuro

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Sunday, June 8, 2003 (1:04 p.m.) 

> What about "A Beautiful Mind" and "Star Wars Episode
> II" have you forgotten "Star Trek Nemesis"? Zimmer hasn't
> produced anything EXTREMELY GOOD on his own in quite some time!

A Beautiful Mind????????????????? Are we talking about the same music? Do we live in the same world? You mean to say that this is a good score? Now, after having said that, do you still mean us to take your judgement seriously????
Attack of the Clones??????????????? That piece of crap?????????????? That is your idea of a good score? I can see you are not that demanding at all. If that is a good score to you, then nothing else coming from ya mouth will surprise me any more!
Zimmer has delivered quite good music in the last few years. That you do not agree with that we all know. The question is: who cares about that, man?
ugly joe
> Learn about film music and maybe you will realize how stupid your being
> your way worse than "The Kong"!
Hey, from which circus have you escaped from, dude? You are the most unintentionally funny and laughable dude I've come across in many years. You are indeed a serious rival for the Korg. Anyway, although I do not doubt that you must be another great master of GOOD MUSIC, I would never betray The Korg. You know, I've just being studying with The Korg for a few weeks, and I've learned quite much about film music. When I pass this LEVEL, maybe I'll ask for your advice. I hope that, in a few years time, these pagan and illiterate ears of mine will be able to appreciate The Attack of the Clones (how did you call that... the greatest suite of all time or something like that????? ), A Beautiful Mind and Catch Me If You Can. In the meantime, (sigh), I'll go on listening and enjoying that music intended for the mob. Tears of the Sun, for example.
A final question, My Second, Upcoming Great Maestro: what does this mean?: "you will realize how stupid your being your way worse than "The Kong". I'm sorry, my English is not that good, and I can't understand what you want to convey, which must be really interesting, undoubtedly. (Catch my irony, dude?)
To sum up, I don't give a damn about what you think or say, but, I must admit that, it's very funny anyway!
ugly joe

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-158-77.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
ugly joe

  Responses to this Comment:
ugly joe
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Monday, June 9, 2003 (4:47 p.m.) 

A Beautiful Mind????????????????? Are we talking about the same music? Do
we live in the same world? You mean to say that this is a good score? Now,
after having said that, do you still mean us to take your judgement
seriously????
Attack of the Clones??????????????? That piece of
crap?????????????? That is your idea of a good score? I can see you are
not that demanding at all. If that is a good score to you, then nothing
else coming from ya mouth will surprise me any more!
Zimmer has
delivered quite good music in the last few years. That you do not agree
with that we all know. The question is: who cares about that, man?

ugly joe
Hey, from which circus have you escaped from, dude? You
are the most unintentionally funny and laughable dude I've come across in
many years. You are indeed a serious rival for the Korg. Anyway, although
I do not doubt that you must be another great master of GOOD MUSIC, I
would never betray The Korg. You know, I've just being studying with The
Korg for a few weeks, and I've learned quite much about film music. When I
pass this LEVEL, maybe I'll ask for your advice. I hope that, in a few > years time, these pagan and illiterate ears of mine will be able to
appreciate The Attack of the Clones (how did you call that... the greatest
suite of all time or something like that????? ), A Beautiful Mind and
Catch Me If You Can. In the meantime, (sigh), I'll go on listening and
enjoying that music intended for the mob. Tears of the Sun, for example.

A final question, My Second, Upcoming Great Maestro: what does this
mean?: "you will realize how stupid your being your way worse than
"The Kong". I'm sorry, my English is not that good, and I can't
understand what you want to convey, which must be really interesting,
undoubtedly. (Catch my irony, dude?)
To sum up, I don't give a
damn about what you think or say, but, I must admit that, it's very funny
anyway!
ugly joe

Now THIS is hilarious, you should try being a comedian!

"A Beautiful Mind" is indeed a spectacular score, your just being too biased to enjoy something of this calibur. But I'm sorry I'm sure your far too manly to listen to something that doesn't have powerful percussion, a driving brass theme and someguy singing in a way that makes me want to shoot myself. No one should ever listen to it because its incredible piano rythmes aren't powerful enough to accompanie Bruce Willis, I'm sorry your right it does suck! (sarcasm)

"Attack of the Clones" is also a very powerful score. The love theme is a great piece, I apologize for going against the opinion of a score guru such as yourself, oh great Ugly Joe! But, I love this score, it is just the sort of music which can accompany a movie as silly and obsurd as episode II! It would have been even better if the acting would have been a little good, but no one in that film could act save Christoper Lee and Samuel L. But never the less the score is excellent and the love theme is great. Yes it is (in my opinion) the GREATEST CONCERT SUITE EVER WRITTEN FOR FILM!

Your use of words such as "crap" and "man" make you so reliable a source I think I should ask you before I buy any score at all, I'm getting one tomorrow I was thinking about "Glory" but apparently you wouldn't say its good because it doesn't have a powerful brass theme so what would you suggest? (sarcasm again)

The "Korg"? isn't it The "Kong"?

In conclusion you are being stupid and from what i've read here you are worse than the kong. And I do listen to some Zimmer scores, Nine Months and Gladiator are my favorites but Spirit isn't bad too.

And your calling me a hypocrite: That is the funniest thing i've heard in about a month!

A Beautiful Mind????????????????? Are we talking about the same music? Do
we live in the same world? You mean to say that this is a good score? Now,
after having said that, do you still mean us to take your judgement
seriously????
Attack of the Clones??????????????? That piece of
crap?????????????? That is your idea of a good score? I can see you are
not that demanding at all. If that is a good score to you, then nothing
else coming from ya mouth will surprise me any more!

That is what I (and many many others) would call a "hypocricy"

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


ugly joe
<Send E-Mail>
(cliente-212079158056.cm256.senpd.
supercable.es)

  In Response to:
Amuro

  Responses to this Comment:
Amuro
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Wednesday, June 11, 2003 (9:41 a.m.) 

> Now THIS is hilarious, you should try being a comedian!

I tried, I promise, and I tried hard, but those people from Saturday Night Live said that you got better results in the test, that's why it is you that was chosen!

> "A Beautiful Mind" is indeed a spectacular score, your just
> being too biased to enjoy something of this calibur. But I'm sorry I'm
> sure your far too manly to listen to something that doesn't have powerful
> percussion, a driving brass theme and someguy singing in a way that makes
> me want to shoot myself. No one should ever listen to it because its
> incredible piano rythmes aren't powerful enough to accompanie Bruce
> Willis, I'm sorry your right it does suck! (sarcasm)

You say I'm biased? I suppose you're right, that's why I like Schindler's List, The Piano, Rudy, Hook, Road to Perdition, Willow, Jacob's Ladder, Carrie, and so many scores like those. You see? You know no about me, dude.
It is precisely because I've listened to many scores that I have the right (please, forgive my daring, I promise I'll say 200 prayers tomorrow evening so that I can be forgiven) to think, and say, that A Beautiful Mind is nothing outstading, and that Horner, as much as Williams, is burned out, as they seem to be unable to offer anything valuable and original which does not remind us of earlier scores.
I do also think that people in this forum are by now aware of the illiteracy of someone who thinks that Zimmer stands for "powerful percussion, driving brass themes and someguy singing in a way that makes people want to shoot themselves" Someone with such a simplistic opinion should not be taken too seriously.
By the way, I've always thought that you can't be sarcastic unless you have a minimum degree of intelligence. Now I see I was wrong (I'm being sarcastic )

> "Attack of the Clones" is also a very powerful score. The love
> theme is a great piece, I apologize for going against the opinion of a
> score guru such as yourself, oh great Ugly Joe! But, I love this score, it
> is just the sort of music which can accompany a movie as silly and obsurd
> as episode II! It would have been even better if the acting would have
> been a little good, but no one in that film could act save Christoper Lee
> and Samuel L. But never the less the score is excellent and the love theme
> is great. Yes it is (in my opinion) the GREATEST CONCERT SUITE EVER
> WRITTEN FOR FILM!

Score guru, you say? I'd never dare steal that title from you, dude!!!!!
(A further instance of sarcasm, just for you to know)

> Your use of words such as "crap" and "man" make you so
> reliable a source I think I should ask you before I buy any score at all,
> I'm getting one tomorrow I was thinking about "Glory" but
> apparently you wouldn't say its good because it doesn't have a powerful
> brass theme so what would you suggest? (sarcasm again)

Thanks for asking, but I think my advice would not be helpful, as I would recommend you to buy one of those "powerful percussion, driving brass themes and someguy singing in a way that makes you want to shoot yourself" scores, instead of great concert suites with piano rhymes. You know, nobody is perfect, dude. Anyway, and (again), just for you to know, I do own James Horner's Glory.

> The "Korg"? isn't it The "Kong"?

Whatever.

> In conclusion you are being stupid and from what i've read
> here you are worse than the kong. And I do listen to some
> Zimmer scores, Nine Months and Gladiator are my favorites but Spirit isn't
> bad too.

I prefer being a stupid dude rather than being an illiterate asshole who thinks he holds the ultimate truth. You know what they say, there's no accounting for tastes, if you can't accept that go to Williamsland or Hornerland, sure your exquisite taste will be better appreciated there.

> That is what I (and many many others) would call a "hypocricy"

Then how would I (and many many others) call what you've been writing so far?
ugly joe

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amuro
(12-222-158-77.client.insightbb.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
ugly joe

  Responses to this Comment:
Ugly Joe
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Wednesday, June 11, 2003 (3:40 p.m.) 

> I tried, I promise, and I tried hard, but those people from Saturday Night
> Live said that you got better results in the test, that's why it is you
> that was chosen!

> You say I'm biased? I suppose you're right, that's why I like Schindler's
> List, The Piano, Rudy, Hook, Road to Perdition, Willow, Jacob's Ladder,
> Carrie, and so many scores like those. You see? You know no about me,
> dude.
It is precisely because I've listened to many scores that I have
> the right (please, forgive my daring, I promise I'll say 200 prayers
> tomorrow evening so that I can be forgiven) to think, and say, that A
> Beautiful Mind is nothing outstading, and that Horner, as much as
> Williams, is burned out, as they seem to be unable to offer anything
> valuable and original which does not remind us of earlier scores.
I do
> also think that people in this forum are by now aware of the illiteracy of
> someone who thinks that Zimmer stands for "powerful percussion,
> driving brass themes and someguy singing in a way that makes people want
> to shoot themselves" Someone with such a simplistic opinion should
> not be taken too seriously.
By the way, I've always thought that you
> can't be sarcastic unless you have a minimum degree of intelligence. Now I
> see I was wrong (I'm being sarcastic )

> Score guru, you say? I'd never dare steal that title from you, dude!!!!!
>
(A further instance of sarcasm, just for you to know)

> Thanks for asking, but I think my advice would not be helpful, as I would
> recommend you to buy one of those "powerful percussion, driving brass
> themes and someguy singing in a way that makes you want to shoot
> yourself" scores, instead of great concert suites with piano rhymes.
> You know, nobody is perfect, dude. Anyway, and (again), just for you to
> know, I do own James Horner's Glory.

> Whatever.

> I prefer being a stupid dude rather than being an illiterate asshole who
> thinks he holds the ultimate truth. You know what they say, there's no
> accounting for tastes, if you can't accept that go to Williamsland or
> Hornerland, sure your exquisite taste will be better appreciated there.

> Then how would I (and many many others) call what you've been writing so
> far?
ugly joe

I'm sorry, your right I was sort of an ass. However I didn't like the way you responded to the Kong although I now realize how stupid the Kong is...

You like "Willow" well thats my second favorite score, next to "Road to Perdition". My third favorite is "A Beautiful Mind".

I've listened to a lot of scores too. So I in turn have the right to say "A Beautiful Mind" is incredible and it rules!

I NEVER said that Zimmer "stood for" all those things I said that is basically what "Tears of the Sun" is. And once again i've listened to enough scores to decide that I don't think "Tears of the sun" is anything speacial.

I have gotten all "A+'s" on all my songs...

Amuro



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Ugly Joe
<Send E-Mail>
(cliente-212079158056.cm256.senpd.
supercable.es)

  In Response to:
Amuro
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Saturday, June 14, 2003 (7:44 a.m.) 

> I'm sorry, your right I was sort of an ass. However I didn't like the way
> you responded to the Kong although I now realize how stupid the Kong is...

Ok, I'm also sorry if anything I've said did offend you as well. I did not mean to insult ya.
Maybe the way I answered The Kong was a little bit rude or something like that, but I think that this is what this person deserves. She (he?) was the first person who started insulting all of us in this forum, Amuro. She said that we are fanatics and all that bull.

> You like "Willow" well thats my second favorite score, next to
> "Road to Perdition". My third favorite is "A Beautiful
> Mind".

Yeah, Willow and Road to Perdition are two absolute masterpieces, I love them all. Great.

> I've listened to a lot of scores too. So I in turn have the right to say
> "A Beautiful Mind" is incredible and it rules!

All right, maybe I'll give this score a second try!

> I NEVER said that Zimmer "stood for" all those things I said
> that is basically what "Tears of the Sun" is. And once again
> i've listened to enough scores to decide that I don't think "Tears of
> the sun" is anything speacial.

All right, I understand your point. In my humble opinion, on the contrary, I think it's a good score, with some masterpieces like The Jablovski Variations, one of Zimmer's best tracks in the last years.

Ugly Joe

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Nate U
<Send E-Mail>
(user-uinj336.dialup.mindspring.co
m)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
The Kong
Re: A Message for "Adam P", "Nobody" and other maniacal Zimmer fanatics   Monday, June 16, 2003 (4:15 p.m.) 

> My suggestion: remove your penis from the playhole of your Zimmer albums,
> and get on with your life.

How about you remove YOUR penis from your word-hole and write something thoughtful with actual arguments instead of just using sex-references to make yourself feel cool when slamming fanboys. You have no basis to make such extensive judgements about Hans Zimmer. If you have some back-up, I would like to hear it. However, I imagine you just post here to say rude and ocasionally funny comments to little kids...and don't know squat about film music.

Enjoy your ego trip.

Nate


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.