Filmtracks needs your help. Support the site by donating today! Learn more.
SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Fantastic Beasts: Grindelwald
    2. Dr. Seuss' The Grinch
   3. The Nutcracker/Four Realms
  4. Halloween
 5. Venom
6. House With a Clock/Walls
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Solo: A Star Wars Story
        2. Batman
       3. Jurassic World: Kingdom
      4. The Predator
     5. Edward Scissorhands
    6. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
   7. Christopher Robin
  8. Apollo 13
 9. Ant-Man and the Wasp
10. The Equalizer 2
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Timeline (Brian Tyler)
One of the worst scores ever

Dmw
(ny-kenton3a-22.buf.adelphia.net)


  Responses to this Comment:
Scorehound
One of the worst scores ever   Tuesday, December 9, 2003 (5:10 p.m.) 

how this score got the rating it did is unbelievable. Any composer pulled from ANY conservatory on the planet could churn out this stuff. I walk by the composer practice rooms at my school and hear people half his age improvising better music and i'm NOT exaggerating. Mr. Clemmenson, this is a hell of a website you run and I admire your devotion to film music, but I must say, from an educated standpoint, I have NO conception of how you came to the conclusion that Brian Tyler is even HALF as good as you make him out to be.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Scorehound
<Send E-Mail>
(d142-59-36-183.abhsia.telus.net)

  In Response to:
Dmw

  Responses to this Comment:
Dmw
Re: One of the worst scores ever   Wednesday, December 10, 2003 (12:38 a.m.) 

> how this score got the rating it did is unbelievable. Any composer pulled
> from ANY conservatory on the planet could churn out this stuff. I walk by
> the composer practice rooms at my school and hear people half his age
> improvising better music and i'm NOT exaggerating. Mr. Clemmenson, this is
> a hell of a website you run and I admire your devotion to film music, but
> I must say, from an educated standpoint, I have NO conception of how you
> came to the conclusion that Brian Tyler is even HALF as good as you make
> him out to be.

Everyone has their own tastes, and just because you hate the score doesn't mean everyone has to. I will stick up for Christian on this, because I come here to Filmtracks first before I decide to buy a CD...and more often than not Christian is dead smack on about the music he reviews. If you don't like his reviews, check out some other review sites until you find one that feels the way you do, then praise that reviewer or webmaster for their opinion.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Dmw
(ny-kenton3a-22.buf.adelphia.net)

  In Response to:
Scorehound

  Responses to this Comment:
DmW
Re: One of the worst scores ever   Wednesday, December 10, 2003 (5:19 p.m.) 

> Everyone has their own tastes, and just because you hate the score doesn't
> mean everyone has to. I will stick up for Christian on this, because I
> come here to Filmtracks first before I decide to buy a CD...and more often
> than not Christian is dead smack on about the music he reviews. If you
> don't like his reviews, check out some other review sites until you find
> one that feels the way you do, then praise that reviewer or webmaster for
> their opinion.

I take offense to this idiotic post. Basically youre saying that because Mr. Clemmenson is right MOST of the time, that you will assume that he is right ALL of the time, and then you will act like a nazi when ANYONE disagrees with ANY review. I think it is a bad review of the score. That DOESNT mean i dont like his reviews, so why dont YOU go to another site and pontificate your crap to the people there. And you also obviously missed my commenting that Mr. Clemmenson runs "a hell of a website" and how much i "admire his devotion to film music". next time you wont seem like TOO MUCH of a blow-hard if you would just READ the posts FIRST. Thanks for your time!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


DmW
(ny-kenton3a-22.buf.adelphia.net)

  In Response to:
Dmw

  Responses to this Comment:
Blurb
Re: One of the worst scores ever   Wednesday, December 10, 2003 (5:48 p.m.) 

> I take offense to this idiotic post. Basically youre saying that because
> Mr. Clemmenson is right MOST of the time, that you will assume that he is
> right ALL of the time, and then you will act like a nazi when ANYONE
> disagrees with ANY review. I think it is a bad review of the score. That
> DOESNT mean i dont like his reviews, so why dont YOU go to another site
> and pontificate your crap to the people there. And you also obviously
> missed my commenting that Mr. Clemmenson runs "a hell of a
> website" and how much i "admire his devotion to film
> music". next time you wont seem like TOO MUCH of a blow-hard if you
> would just READ the posts FIRST. Thanks for your time!

in reading this post, perhaps i was a bit TOO harsh with terms like blowhard and so on, but the principle STILL stands. but forgive my harshness.




Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Blurb
<Send E-Mail>
(webcacheb09a.cache.pol.co.uk)

  In Response to:
DmW

  Responses to this Comment:
Littleman
Re: One of the worst scores ever   Wednesday, December 17, 2003 (1:42 a.m.) 

Ha Ha. DmW! You suck dude. ... Thankyou for your time!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Littleman
(ip68-5-94-128.oc.oc.cox.net)

  In Response to:
Blurb
Re: One of the worst scores ever   Saturday, June 26, 2004 (10:44 p.m.) 

> Ha Ha. DmW! You suck dude. ... Thankyou for your time!
:D

Amen!

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.