Filmtracks needs your help. Support the site by donating today! Learn more.
SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Fantastic Beasts: Grindelwald
    2. Dr. Seuss' The Grinch
   3. The Nutcracker/Four Realms
  4. Halloween
 5. Venom
6. House With a Clock/Walls
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Solo: A Star Wars Story
        2. Batman
       3. Jurassic World: Kingdom
      4. The Predator
     5. Edward Scissorhands
    6. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
   7. Christopher Robin
  8. Apollo 13
 9. Ant-Man and the Wasp
10. The Equalizer 2
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Timeline (Brian Tyler)
he's boring

John Smidnoph
(ny-kenton3a-22.buf.adelphia.net)


  Responses to this Comment:
Pogel Adler
RE
Scorehound
he's boring   Monday, December 8, 2003 (9:38 p.m.) 

hopefully no morons will take this as a personal attack, but Brian Tyler is an unoriginal, boring film composer. He has no distinction to his music whatsoever. It simply functions as cookie-cutter background music for the film. I personally feel that if a composer is paid the amount of money that is normal for composers to be paid, they should push themselves to be at least distinctive as a composer. In my opinion, Tyler is just plain boring, serviceable at best.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Pogel Adler
(p50811d35.dip.t-dialin.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
John Smidnoph
Re: he's boring   Tuesday, December 9, 2003 (3:44 a.m.) 

He is at the very beginning of his career, I think we will hear great scores from him in 10 years. I guess you'll have to give him some time to develope is own style.
Although I really agree his music has been at best average till today, INCLUDING Children of Dune.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


RE
(ny-kenton3a-22.buf.adelphia.net)

  In Response to:
John Smidnoph

  Responses to this Comment:
Kris
Re: he's boring   Tuesday, December 9, 2003 (5:02 p.m.) 

Its just that he's SO smarmy... i dont know who here has been to his website, but its just SO pretentious... "Brian Tyler: The Composer, The Website" o.O

hopefully he can make something good of himself. Even at the genesis of Danny Elfman's career, an original style could be heard. I dont think Tyler has the talent... but, whatever, to each is own i guess.....

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Kris
(pcp06573060pcs.nrockv01.md.comcas
t.net)

  In Response to:
RE

  Responses to this Comment:
dmw
Re: he's boring   Saturday, December 13, 2003 (9:40 a.m.) 

> Its just that he's SO smarmy... i dont know who here has been to his
> website, but its just SO pretentious... "Brian Tyler: The Composer,
> The Website" o.O

> hopefully he can make something good of himself. Even at the genesis of
> Danny Elfman's career, an original style could be heard. I dont think
> Tyler has the talent... but, whatever, to each is own i guess.....

Actually his website was developed for him by Ryan Keaveney of Cinemusic.net
What's so pretentious about it? Why are you're the one sounding pretentios, hmm? Get a life.



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


dmw
(ny-kenton3a-22.buf.adelphia.net)

  In Response to:
Kris

  Responses to this Comment:
Kris
Re: he's boring   Saturday, December 13, 2003 (1:20 p.m.) 

> Actually his website was developed for him by Ryan Keaveney of
> Cinemusic.net
What's so pretentious about it? Why are you're the one
> sounding pretentios, hmm? Get a life.

its losers like you, KRIS, who dont have a life. youre just like all the other losers who I warned against in my FIRST POST. "HOPEFULLY NO MORONS WILL TAKE THIS AS A PERSONAL ATTACK". Maybe you should get a life and a brain before you go around being a complete jerk just because someone thinks differently than you. hmmmmmmmmmm. lol. get a life!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Kris
(pcp06586504pcs.nrockv01.md.comcas
t.net)

  In Response to:
dmw
Re: he's boring   Sunday, February 8, 2004 (11:45 p.m.) 

What's so pretentious about it? Why are you're the one

> its losers like you, KRIS, who dont have a life. youre just like all the
> other losers who I warned against in my FIRST POST. "HOPEFULLY NO
> MORONS WILL TAKE THIS AS A PERSONAL ATTACK". Maybe you should get a
> life and a brain before you go around being a complete jerk just because
> someone thinks differently than you. hmmmmmmmmmm. lol. get a life!

You sound so hypocritical. Thank you for proving my point.

ROFL


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Scorehound
<Send E-Mail>
(d142-59-36-183.abhsia.telus.net)

  In Response to:
John Smidnoph

  Responses to this Comment:
fq. awol
Re: he's boring   Wednesday, December 10, 2003 (12:41 a.m.) 

> hopefully no morons will take this as a personal attack, but Brian Tyler
> is an unoriginal, boring film composer. He has no distinction to his music
> whatsoever. It simply functions as cookie-cutter background music for the
> film. I personally feel that if a composer is paid the amount of money
> that is normal for composers to be paid, they should push themselves to be
> at least distinctive as a composer. In my opinion, Tyler is just plain
> boring, serviceable at best.

Hmmm...I only own 3 of Tyler's CDs so far...Children of Dune, Darkness Falls and Frailty. All 3 of them are distinctly unique, and not one of them are boring. Darkness Falls is a frenzied piece, Children of Dune is majestic and epic, and Frailty is a disturbing score with an amazing main title.

I look forward to getting this score with the hopes that Mr. Tyler will grow into one of Hollywood's most sought after composers.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


fq. awol
(ny-kenton3a-22.buf.adelphia.net)

  In Response to:
Scorehound

  Responses to this Comment:
Scorehound
Re: he's boring   Wednesday, December 10, 2003 (5:23 p.m.) 

> Hmmm...I only own 3 of Tyler's CDs so far...Children of Dune, Darkness
> Falls and Frailty. All 3 of them are distinctly unique, and not one of
> them are boring. Darkness Falls is a frenzied piece, Children of Dune is
> majestic and epic, and Frailty is a disturbing score with an amazing main
> title.

> I look forward to getting this score with the hopes that Mr. Tyler will
> grow into one of Hollywood's most sought after composers.

majestic, frenzied, disturbing???? you think that THESE ELEMENTS make him UNIQUE???? LOL, get some knowledge, will you? before you go about telling me how ORIGINAL something is, maybe you should understand what CONSTITUTES original. and keep your sarcasm to yourself. I only act defensive because YOU were on the offensive.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Scorehound
<Send E-Mail>
(d209-107-124-14.abhsia.telus.net)

  In Response to:
fq. awol
Re: he's boring   Wednesday, March 3, 2004 (6:12 p.m.) 

> majestic, frenzied, disturbing???? you think that THESE ELEMENTS make him
> UNIQUE???? LOL, get some knowledge, will you? before you go about telling
> me how ORIGINAL something is, maybe you should understand what CONSTITUTES
> original. and keep your sarcasm to yourself. I only act defensive because
> YOU were on the offensive.

I'm catching this really late, but: You're a real asshole, aren't you? I wasn't on the offenseive, I was simply stating that I think that HE is NOT unoriginal...I DON'T CARE what YOU think of HIM.

And as for getting knowledge, I don't need knowledge to enjoy the music that Brian Tyler composes. My ears thank me for putting his CDs on the stereo... and from my standpoint is is original.

So, a word to the wise: Don't put words into my mouth. If you hate him, write him a letter and tell him so. I'm sure he'll appreciate that.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2018, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.