SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Aladdin (2019)
    2. Pokémon Detective Pikachu
   3. Avengers: Endgame
  4. Shazam!
 5. Dumbo
6. Captain Marvel
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Gladiator
        2. Batman
       3. Nightmare Before Christmas
      4. Titanic
     5. Justice League
    6. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
   7. Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
  8. Maleficent
 9. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
10. Edward Scissorhands
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for The Da Vinci Code (Hans Zimmer)

Edit | Delete
Re: This Soundtrack Leads to Satanism, Occultism, Blasphemy, Immorality, and Hedonism
• Posted by: Amras Tasaldur
• Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2006, at 10:02 a.m.
• IP Address: livmainborder.wispwest.net
• In Response to: This Soundtrack Leads to Satanism, Occultism, ... (John Cannon, Senior Pastor of Outreach Operations)

> Only the blind and deceived religious composer tries to argue that music
> is neutral. Guess what? Music is not neutral. There is such a thing as
> good music and there is such a thing as evil music! Modern movie music is
> definitely evil music inspired and energized by Satan himself. Here is a
> example that explains this fact:

> A person could hit the C chord. Alone that chord would be neutral. However
> as soon as several notes are strung together (melody, harmony, and rhythm)
> the notes become music and that is not neutral at all. Another example
> would be the letters of the alphabet. The letter "A" by itself
> is totally neutral. However letters are the building blocks of words.
> Words are the building blocks of sentences. As soon as letters are strung
> together the words and sentences are no longer neutral. A writer can use
> letters to quote a Bible verse or to write porn. Both use the building
> blocks of letters. However, one use is Godly and the other is demonic. The
> same is true with music! The notes are the building blocks. Alone they are
> neutral. But strung together they create a sound or song that is either
> Godly or demonic.

Pastor, I am a Christian myself... but your sermon here is simply lunacy.

I have a question for you... assume I were to pick up my violin and play the first 7 notes of the Christian hymn "This Is My Father's World." Would that be holy or demonic? Holy....... BINGO!

Oh no...... wait. Those exact seven notes are also the first seven notes of one of Howard Shore's main themes for "The Lord of the Rings" scores.

So, have we a musical melody that is simultaneously holy and Christian AND demonic and Satanic? No. It is just music... arrangements of sound waves to form a delightful tune. In other words, it is neutral.

Sorry, but your argument holds about as much believability as a drunk fool collapsed on the sidewalk and foaming at the mouth while condemning everyone to hell on their way to a Mozart concert.




Comments in this Thread:     Expand >>


Copyright © 1998-2019, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.