SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! WE EARN A
COMMISSION ON WHAT YOU BUY:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
eBay
Amazon.ca
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Scoob!
    2. Extraction
   3. The Willoughbys
  4. Spenser Confidential
 5. Onward
6. The Invisible Man


   CURRENT BEST-SELLING SCORES:
       1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
      2. Romeo and Juliet
     3. The Monkey King
    4. John Williams in Vienna
   5. Space Battleship Yamato
  6. Willow
 7. Ready Player One
8. Ghostbusters
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. How to Train Your Dragon
        2. Nightmare Before Christmas
       3. Gladiator
      4. Alice in Wonderland
     5. Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
    6. Superman
   7. LOTR: Return of the King
  8. Titanic
 9. Raiders of the Lost Ark
10. Joker
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for The Passion of the Christ (John Debney)
I've had enough of atheists

Amon Hen 2112
(cpe-24-158-50-188.hky.nc.charter.
com)


  Responses to this Comment:
Mastadge
Mac Styran
Scorehound
Pogel Adler
Dave
I've had enough of atheists   Thursday, February 26, 2004 (8:37 a.m.) 

Okay. So the title is a little harsh but it still gets the point across.
Wether you are Christian or not you should still accept the faith. You have to understand, there are the normal Christains that pray, go to church, ect... but then again there are the scary Christains that LOVE to get on the internet and harras websites.

More or less the majority of Christains don't bash the other faiths. So in return just ban the ignorent ones that post blantantly on this site don't bash the entire Christian faith. Thats about it...

Oh yeah great music!!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Mastadge
<Send E-Mail>
(blumenfeldnn1.hartwick.edu)

  In Response to:
Amon Hen 2112
Re: I've had enough of atheists   Thursday, February 26, 2004 (1:28 p.m.) 

> Okay. So the title is a little harsh but it still gets the point across.

What point does it get across exactly?

>
Wether you are Christian or not you should still accept the faith.

And whether you are a Christian or not you should still accept those who are not of your faith, also.

You
> have to understand, there are the normal Christains that pray, go to
> church, ect... but then again there are the scary Christains that LOVE to
> get on the internet and harras websites.

The same goes for non-Christians. The difference is, and this too might sound harsh, that those "scary Christians" that so love to be so aggressive and intolerant seem to be missing some of the most fundamental parts of their religion.

> More or less the majority of Christains don't bash the other faiths. So in
> return just ban the ignorent ones that post blantantly on this site don't
> bash the entire Christian faith. Thats about it...

How about nobody bash anybody regardless of faith?

> Oh yeah great music!!

I can't wait until my copy arrives!


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Mac Styran
<Send E-Mail>
(ip178.28.1411h-cud12k-01.ish.de)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Amon Hen 2112
Did you actually READ the comments?   Thursday, February 26, 2004 (3:22 p.m.) 

As an atheist that I am, I DO respect people that have faith.

No prob.

And I never said anything else.

However, those "so called Christians" that posted here are just Christians by name.

It's those ridiculous hate-comments that call for a certain response.

In no way is Christianity itself a target for any off the offenses. If there are some, 'cause I even treat those idiots with some kind of respect. Perhaps I shouldn't.

Anyway, your point of accepting the faiths of others is a valid one.

I do. In pretty much every form.

What I do not accept is hatred and inhuman behavior in the name of religion.

And as history tells us ... that's sadly the case all too often.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Scorehound
<Send E-Mail>
(d209-107-124-14.abhsia.telus.net)

  In Response to:
Amon Hen 2112

  Responses to this Comment:
Amon Hen 2112
Krishna Manohar
James
Re: I've had enough of atheists   Thursday, February 26, 2004 (3:39 p.m.) 

> Okay. So the title is a little harsh but it still gets the point across.
>
Wether you are Christian or not you should still accept the faith. You
> have to understand, there are the normal Christains that pray, go to
> church, ect... but then again there are the scary Christains that LOVE to
> get on the internet and harras websites.

> More or less the majority of Christains don't bash the other faiths. So in
> return just ban the ignorent ones that post blantantly on this site don't
> bash the entire Christian faith. Thats about it...

> Oh yeah great music!!

You know what? I'm a Christian. I don't go to church. I don't get on my knees at night and pray to God. I talk to him often, usually through my daily speech. I am aware of him. But I do not go to church because of "Sunday Christian." "Sunday Christians" are those Christians that shake your hand at church, say "Amen" and smile at you and call you "brother", yet on Monday they barely awknowledge your presence on the street and have a completely different attitude out of church. Many of these "normal" Christians that go to church also have this fascination with God as a revengeful man who will cast non-believers down with Satan. Many of these "normal" Christians think that by scaring people to death with threats of burning in Hell they will actually make people follow God. "Normal"? I don't think so.

Jesus Christ IS the church. My actions on this Earth are judged by him when I die. I pray to him alone because my relationship with God is mine. It is none of anybody's business but mine.

There are many of these "normal" Christians that go to church that are corrupted people. I am a Christian and I believe that all people, believers or not have access to heaven and God's love. You can't deny someone the cup of life just because they weren't raised to believe in Christ. If that was the case, then I guess every other faith on Earth is doomed, right?

This film is not about blame. It's not about converting people. It is the church groups and pastors that are using this film as a way to minister the faith. Mel Gibson isn't using it as a tool to convert. He has wanted to do this story for years. He has risked millions of his own money, risked his reputation, his career and has suffered while spineless media people harassed his family and used Mel's father as a tool to try to destroy Mel and his faith. Mel Gibson has suffered great personal risks to bring this film into light. I think what we should be looking at is how much hatred the critics, the Media and many memmbers of the Jewish community have thrown at Mel Gibson. Then we'd ask who's really being hateful?


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amon Hen 2112
(cpe-24-158-50-188.hky.nc.charter.
com)

  In Response to:
Scorehound
Re: I've had enough of atheists   Thursday, February 26, 2004 (5:34 p.m.) 

*Claps*

Good job!

Very well said and straight to the point.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Krishna Manohar
(pcp06586504pcs.nrockv01.md.comcas
t.net)

  In Response to:
Scorehound

  Responses to this Comment:
DJ
Re: I've had enough of atheists   Wednesday, March 3, 2004 (12:52 p.m.) 

Wether you are Christian or not you should still accept the faith. You

> You know what? I'm a Christian. I don't go to church. I don't get on my
> knees at night and pray to God. I talk to him often, usually through my
> daily speech. I am aware of him. But I do not go to church because of
> "Sunday Christian." "Sunday Christians" are those
> Christians that shake your hand at church, say "Amen" and smile
> at you and call you "brother", yet on Monday they barely
> awknowledge your presence on the street and have a completely different
> attitude out of church. Many of these "normal" Christians that
> go to church also have this fascination with God as a revengeful man who
> will cast non-believers down with Satan. Many of these "normal"
> Christians think that by scaring people to death with threats of burning
> in Hell they will actually make people follow God. "Normal"? I
> don't think so.

> Jesus Christ IS the church. My actions on this Earth are judged by him
> when I die. I pray to him alone because my relationship with God is mine.
> It is none of anybody's business but mine.

> There are many of these "normal" Christians that go to church
> that are corrupted people. I am a Christian and I believe that all people,
> believers or not have access to heaven and God's love. You can't deny
> someone the cup of life just because they weren't raised to believe in
> Christ. If that was the case, then I guess every other faith on Earth is
> doomed, right?

> This film is not about blame. It's not about converting people. It is the
> church groups and pastors that are using this film as a way to minister
> the faith. Mel Gibson isn't using it as a tool to convert. He has wanted
> to do this story for years. He has risked millions of his own money,
> risked his reputation, his career and has suffered while spineless media
> people harassed his family and used Mel's father as a tool to try to
> destroy Mel and his faith. Mel Gibson has suffered great personal risks to
> bring this film into light. I think what we should be looking at is how
> much hatred the critics, the Media and many memmbers of the Jewish
> community have thrown at Mel Gibson. Then we'd ask who's really being
> hateful?

Just remember that the Zionists(Jewish and Christian) and the state of Israel
do not speak for the rest world Jewry and Christians. I list the following organizations as proof:

Jews Not Zionists
www.jewsnotzionists.com

Neturei Karta
www.nkusa.org

Tikkun Magazine
www.tikkun.org

But Scorehound, I thank you for your comments.




Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


DJ
(204.60.173.209)

  In Response to:
Krishna Manohar
Re: I've had enough of atheists   Monday, May 10, 2004 (7:00 a.m.) 

atheists are my friends. don't go dissing them brother. you can screw yourself if you have a problem. by the way, i'm catholic. but i think you suck.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


James
<Send E-Mail>
(pd9024d78.dip.t-dialin.net)

  In Response to:
Scorehound
um...re read what he wroteRe: I've had enough of atheists   Monday, April 12, 2004 (2:11 p.m.) 

The whole point of his post was the 'normal' christians are NOT the ones who are corrupted. The point was that there are some people who do not go to Church but are Christian and kind and and accepting of other religions, there are people who DO go to Church but are kind and accepting of other religions (me), and that there are people who do go to church and are crazy and mean and psychotic, and there are people who don't go to church who are crazy and psychotic. I agree completely with your post...but I think you misunderstood the root of the post. You are actually agreeing with the post...I think you just don't realize it. I also don't kneel and pray, but frequently talk to God. However, I do go to church, and know plently of people who go to church and do not ignore or turn their backs on me out of church. yay god! hehe.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Pogel Adler
(p50811c3f.dip.t-dialin.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Amon Hen 2112

  Responses to this Comment:
Pogel Alder
Dave
Ryan
My thoughts on Christianity   Saturday, February 28, 2004 (3:04 a.m.) 

In a way, we are all Christians.
I say that because we (in the so-called "western world") live in states which values evoked from the values described in the bible and the ideology of the church. That includes the good ones as the bad ones.

Today, Christianity is much more then believe, it is our way of life. You donít need to be religious in your ambitions, you donít even need to be Christian to be ďChristianĒ ,in our society. Even the Jews, Moslems or Buddhists living here are adopted to Christianity and their values.

But this makes it much harder to accept people standing outside this circle, hence people in other counties regions etc.
Pretty much every post here shows that we take Christianity for granted to such an extend, that we think it is the only way. Maybe it is, maybe not. The important thing is, not to forget this and to be aware of it every day.

Because the day we loose awareness, we take things for granted and start to bash people of other faiths.

Just for record: I am an atheist, meaning I donít believe in god or anything spiritual.
That doesnít mean I am not a Christian. In fact, I consider myself much more Christian then probably some people calling themselves religious people.
This is, of course, not meant to be an offence towards believing people. The majority of those people are good people, and most of them are aware.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Pogel Alder
(p50811c3f.dip.t-dialin.net)

  In Response to:
Pogel Adler

  Responses to this Comment:
Scorehound
I really hope I offended nobody. It's always a tough cal with religious subjects. *NM*   Saturday, February 28, 2004 (3:11 a.m.) 



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Scorehound
<Send E-Mail>
(d209-107-124-14.abhsia.telus.net)

  In Response to:
Pogel Alder

  Responses to this Comment:
Amon Hen 2112
You're absolutely right about that...its a touchy subject *NM* *NM*   Saturday, February 28, 2004 (4:37 p.m.) 



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amon Hen 2112
(cpe-24-158-50-188.hky.nc.charter.
com)

  In Response to:
Scorehound
No hard feelings at all dude! *NM*   Saturday, February 28, 2004 (6:07 p.m.) 



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Dave
(pc7040.deh.man.ac.uk)

  In Response to:
Pogel Adler

  Responses to this Comment:
Pogel ADler
Re: My thoughts on Christianity   Saturday, February 28, 2004 (5:05 p.m.) 

> In a way, we are all Christians.
I say that because we (in the
> so-called "western world") live in states which values evoked
> from the values described in the bible and the ideology of the church.
> That includes the good ones as the bad ones.

> Today, Christianity is much more then believe, it is our way of life. You
> donít need to be religious in your ambitions, you donít even need to be
> Christian to be ďChristianĒ ,in our society. Even the Jews, Moslems or
> Buddhists living here are adopted to Christianity and their values.

> But this makes it much harder to accept people standing outside this
> circle, hence people in other counties regions etc.
Pretty much every
> post here shows that we take Christianity for granted to such an extend,
> that we think it is the only way. Maybe it is, maybe not. The important
> thing is, not to forget this and to be aware of it every day.

> Because the day we loose awareness, we take things for granted and start
> to bash people of other faiths.

> Just for record: I am an atheist, meaning I donít believe in god or
> anything spiritual.
That doesnít mean I am not a Christian. In fact, I
> consider myself much more Christian then probably some people calling
> themselves religious people.
This is, of course, not meant to be an
> offence towards believing people. The majority of those people are good
> people, and most of them are aware.

"Just for record: I am an atheist, meaning I donít believe in god or
anything spiritual.
That doesnít mean I am not a Christian. In fact, I
consider myself much more Christian then probably some people calling
themselves religious people."

You sir, are a complete and utter ing moron.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Pogel ADler
(pd9560572.dip.t-dialin.net)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
Dave
Re: My thoughts on Christianity   Monday, March 1, 2004 (2:22 a.m.) 

You'll understand that I won't reply, won't you?

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Ryan
(authorized_proxy4.cogeco.net)

  In Response to:
Pogel Adler
Re: My thoughts on Christianity   Tuesday, July 13, 2004 (1:26 p.m.) 

Not to be rude or anything, I just happened to stumble through this site and read your post. I just needed to state something... You say how Jews and Muslems are adopting Christian Ideology or whatever, right? Well, that's not true, Christian ideology and ethics is dirived directly from Judism (Moses recieving the 10 Commandments at Mt. Sinai), the later faiths such as Christianity and Islam used the Jewish foundation of morals... Next, the term Christian does not refer to a "religion." A Christian is a person who believes in their hearts that Yeshua (Commonly called Jesus) died and went to hell for the sins of everyone past and present... (Not many people know about the going to hell part, but I mean, he took the punishment for every murder, rape and so on). On the third day, God raised him from the Dead. Jesus didn't come to Earth to start another religion, that's the last thing we need... He came so that he could save us. We can't get into heaven, even if we have only committed one sin, that's why a "Christian" asks Yeshua for forgiveness, because He already paid the price for our sins (both you and I!), all we have to do is admit we are wrong in our lives, asks forgiveness, and pray to be better, more Godly people.

That's what a Christian is... Not someone who goes to Church... Not someone who throws money at the church... Not someone who hates gays, and believes the world was created 6,000 years ago... Not someone who makes a movie about the greatest story ever told...

It doesn't have anything to do with that!!! And that is why there is hope for all of us!!! It is to have that personal relationship with the Lord, and to know, beyond all doubt, Yeshua is Lord.

Any further questions, feel free to leave your comments...

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Dave
(pc7040.deh.man.ac.uk)

  In Response to:
Amon Hen 2112

  Responses to this Comment:
Amon Hen 2112
Re: I've had enough of atheists   Saturday, February 28, 2004 (5:01 p.m.) 

> Okay. So the title is a little harsh but it still gets the point across.
>
Wether you are Christian or not you should still accept the faith. You
> have to understand, there are the normal Christains that pray, go to
> church, ect... but then again there are the scary Christains that LOVE to
> get on the internet and harras websites.

> More or less the majority of Christains don't bash the other faiths. So in
> return just ban the ignorent ones that post blantantly on this site don't
> bash the entire Christian faith. Thats about it...

> Oh yeah great music!!

"Wether [sic] yo are a christian or not you should still accept the faith.'

Well, as a christian you would not be expected to have the slightest grasp of either logic or compasion for others. I haven't seen this film yet as science fiction isn't my favourite genre, but I'm sure it'll be an experience I will be unlikely to forget. I am going to wait until I can download it for free from the internet. As the fictional character in this movie, jesus, once said, "it's good to share"


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Amon Hen 2112
(cpe-24-158-50-188.hky.nc.charter.
com)

  In Response to:
Dave
Re: I've had enough of atheists   Saturday, February 28, 2004 (6:06 p.m.) 

Thank you for that insightfull comment Dave.

The next time I have anything to say in todays non-religious world I'll come ask you first.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2021, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.