3. Nightmare Before Christmas
     5. Justice League
  8. Maleficent
 9. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Comments about the soundtrack for Pearl Harbor (Hans Zimmer)
Small cue in Pearl Harbor

Michael Björk
(194.52.126.45)

Vestard
Small cue in Pearl Harbor   Tuesday, December 18, 2001 (3:10 a.m.)

Hi!

Just wanted to ask everyone what they think about the small piece
of music heard when the leaders of Japan are planning the attack on Pearl.
The one where the view of the entire harbor from air + cutting to the
"girls" talking about being in Hawaii?? I think its very nice. Too bad they did not include that on the original score! They did the same thing on Gladiator.
Like when Russel Crowe was picked up in the dessert. (When the camera shows the dessert Zucchabar)

/Mike

Vestard
(proxy2.vita.gov.lv)
Michael Björk

Michael Björk
Re: Small cue in Pearl Harbor   Tuesday, December 18, 2001 (5:54 a.m.)

/Mike
o yes, I think so! this musical fragment is so exciting, with beautiful harmonic modulations and orchestral colours.it's really a great pity that it's not included in the soundtrack, like a few other musical fragments...anyway, may I ask You, what do You think about a very small piece from this score (it sounds when Ref's airplane is crashing into the ocean (the first battle with germans)) playing by strings in minor. there is a fascinating musical theme, full of tragically sorrow, one of the most genially Zimmer ever wrote, I think? is it possible to get it in some additional single recording? I'm really looking for it! please, write me some response, if You have any idea or objection about it!

Bye
VESTARD SHIMKUS

Michael Björk
(194.52.126.45)

Vestard

Levente Benedek
Vestard
RE: Vestard   Tuesday, December 18, 2001 (7:51 a.m.)

Hi Vestard!!

Yes! I totally agree with you! That part is also very good. It feels like you are reading my mind! It seems that many of Hans "short" themes for the movies are always not available on CDs. Now that we are into Hans music, what do you think of the music heard when Rafe and Danny fight with the Japs after the attack. It is very heroic & full with patriorism. I think it is composed in 3/4, Waltz if you wish. Hans never compose a score without somekind of waltz in it! Take Gladitor and "Valse Tatare" in Hannibal for instance!

Just brilliant!

/Mike

(Message edited on Monday, September 29, 2008, at 11:38 a.m.)

Levente Benedek
(line-116-89.dial.matav.net)

Michael Björk

Vestard
Re: RE: Vestard   Tuesday, December 18, 2001 (12:14 p.m.)

> Hi Vestard!!

> Now that we are
> into Hans music, what do you think of the music heard when Rafe and Danny
> fight with the Japs after the attack. It is very heroic & full with
> patriorism. I think it is composed in 2/3, Waltz if you wish. Hans never
> compose a score without somekind of waltz in it! Take Gladitor and
> "Valse Tatare" in Hannibal for instance!

I agree with PEARL HARBOUR. That cue is briliant. But Gourme Vaise Tartare from Hannibal is composed by Klaus Badelt, not Zimmer.
(Message edited on Monday, September 29, 2008, at 11:38 a.m.)

Vestard
(proxy.lv.net)
Levente Benedek

Levente Benedek
are You absolutely sure?   Wednesday, December 19, 2001 (7:39 a.m.)

> I agree with PEARL HARBOUR. That cue is briliant. But Gourme Vaise Tartare
> from Hannibal is composed by Klaus Badelt, not Zimmer.
Are You sure about it? Of course, there is written " Klaus Badelt", but I think he wrote only the first half of it (before the d minor in bass), coz the second half of this track is composed in a perfect Zimmer's music style. Too likely, isn't it?
Think about it!

Bye
(Message edited on Monday, September 29, 2008, at 11:38 a.m.)

Levente Benedek
(line-106-116.dial.matav.net)

Vestard
Re: are You absolutely sure?   Wednesday, December 19, 2001 (9:17 a.m.)

Well I can be wrong but on the CD, you can read that it was writen by Klaus Badelt. But on the otherhand if you liste carefully you can hear the tipicall Zimmer sound. And for your letter "LET'S WRITE THAT WE WANT A NEW SOUNDTRACK" I agree with it but we should also write about Hannibal too.
(Message edited on Monday, September 29, 2008, at 11:38 a.m.)

Vestard
(proxy.lv.net)
Michael Björk
really good!   Wednesday, December 19, 2001 (8:16 a.m.)

> Hi Vestard!!

> Yes! I totally agree with you! That part is also very good. It feels like
> you are reading my mind! It seems that many of Hans "short"
> themes for the movies are always not available on CDs. Now that we are
> into Hans music, what do you think of the music heard when Rafe and Danny
> fight with the Japs after the attack. It is very heroic & full with
> patriorism. I think it is composed in 2/3, Waltz if you wish. Hans never
> compose a score without somekind of waltz in it! Take Gladitor and
> "Valse Tatare" in Hannibal for instance!

> Just brilliant!

> /Mike

Thanks, that You are agree with me!
About this "waltz"-yeah, I think so. It's a typical Hans' score for some action scenes (really in 2/3!), but this time-with somekind of a truly American patriotism (very interesting-Hans is NOT American, but he wrote all the patriotc tunes wonderful!). Yeah, I like it also a lot, altough, this time ,I think, it would be better, if he'ld use some more difficult and stronger harmonic language and orchestral possibilities, coz, in my opinion, there are too much banalities (maby not-I'm also a professional composer;so, sometimes I see some problems where they are not!). Anyway, I listen PEARL HARBOR, GLADIATOR and HANNIBAL soundtracks every day! I love all the Hans' music and I'm very happy that I'm not the ONLYONE!

Bye

VESTARD SHIMKUS
(Message edited on Monday, September 29, 2008, at 11:38 a.m.)

Copyright © 1998-2020, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.