SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Avengers: Endgame
    2. Shazam!
   3. Dumbo
  4. Captain Marvel
 5. HTTYD: The Hidden World
6. The Lego Movie 2
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Batman
        2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
       3. Apollo 13
      4. Edward Scissorhands
     5. How to Train Your Dragon
    6. Jurassic World: Kingdom
   7. First Man
  8. Solo: A Star Wars Story
 9. Justice League
10. Ready Player One
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Pirates of the Caribbean (Klaus Badelt and co.)

Edit | Delete
Re: This is for- TEO WEI YONG: Concerning Pirates
• Posted by: Teo Wei Yong
• Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2004, at 9:47 p.m.
• IP Address: 203.116.61.131
• In Response to: This is for- TEO WEI YONG: Concerning Pirates (roney)

> --Seeing that they had only 30 days to write this, they did a good job BUT
> that is probably also one of the reasons this soundtrack's development and
> themes poorly lack so much.

Exactly my point, so why are you repeating yourself after me?

--That's because when the synth over-blows everything, it just isn't that
> beautiful.

Yes, that's because you KNOW it's synthesized! Lets' say in interviews and booklets they say "no synthesizers were used" or there's like official records on the method that was used or whatever, would you STILL think it's synthesized? You completely missed the impact of my earlier point, stop repeating after me.

> --You know all this "purist" and talk just because the guy
> doesn't like this soundtrack makes you sound REALLY IGNORRANT and your
> COMPLAINING is CHILD-LIKE and ARROGANT.

You're wrong. This isn't childlike nor ignorant. If ignorant's a warrant word for anything, it's you, because you're another one of those "yeah yeah yeah don't give me all that bull excuses, if it's bad means it's bad" kinda guys. You're accepting ethnics in all the wrong areas.

> --Another thing you're right about. These factors can affect a composer's
> ability to write and if given better circumstances it would of been better
> BUT (again) it still doesn't justify the soundtrak's enjoyability. I mean,
> if someone's having a bad run you don't say 'aw, he's having a bad day, it
> would of been alot better', IT'S STILL BAD NO MATTER WHAT THE
> CIRCUMSTANCE.

Obviously, a statement from a window shopping customer. In fact, your reply inthe next one totally contradicts this statement of yours.

> -- First of all, you don't even know the guy. There is a GREAT possibility
> that he is a composer. Second, don't tell him how smart he sounds when
> your comment sounds the way it is and third, don't forget that YOU are
> still a regular customer going into the shop and buying CDs.

Yes, true I don't even know the guy, and yes he may be a composer and I shouldn't have personally attacked him. I owe an apology to him. If you're so smart as to tell me that I don't even know him so how can I "say such things" to him, then what about YOU AND your customary comments on artists out there? Famous or not, they're all still people. You don't even know the culture of Mediaventures nor what's going on inside nor the tight schedules of filmaking, so why still say "it's still bad no matter what"? This totally contradicts your earlier statement.

> ---Marek, you owe me one
Yes, he does because he has such a good friend. However don't argue for the sake of protecting your friend whilst in process make statements that seem true without tying up the loose ends.

Marek, I'm sorry I shouldn't have flamed you.




Comments in this Thread:     Expand >>


Copyright © 1998-2019, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.