SUPPORT FILMTRACKS! CLICK HERE FIRST:
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
iTunes (U.S.)
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
eBay (U.S.)
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Half.com
Glisten Effect
Editorial Reviews
Scoreboard Forum
Viewer Ratings
Composers
Awards
   NEWEST MAJOR REVIEWS:
     1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
    2. Aladdin (2019)
   3. Pokémon Detective Pikachu
  4. Avengers: Endgame
 5. Shazam!
6. Dumbo
   CURRENT MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:
         1. Gladiator
        2. Batman
       3. Nightmare Before Christmas
      4. Titanic
     5. Justice League
    6. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
   7. Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
  8. Maleficent
 9. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
10. Edward Scissorhands
Home Page
Menu Options ▼
Comments about the soundtrack for Shrek (Powell/Gregson-Williams)
tsk tsk tsk

jen
<Send E-Mail>
(ppp-ras1-2-58.dialup.eol.ca)


  Responses to this Comment:
kendall
The Kong
Gothvince
Bobettechaude
Marek
tsk tsk tsk   Friday, March 29, 2002 (6:04 p.m.) 

hmm, i have a few questions...
how come the "ugly" people in this movie are FAT? why can't they be skinny and ugly? does uglyness have ANYTHING to do with fatness?? if you are fat do u automatically become ugly? is that it?? is that what kids get ingrained in their minds? that if you are overweight you are ugly too? also, if someone is skinny does it mean that he/she is automatically good looking? is that the case?

the movie's moral is basically "if you are pretty inside, you are pretty outside too" well why can't we be pretty outside anyway? who gets to decide if one's ugly or not? who writes the rules on how one should look? is it THAT bad to be different?

if you can answer these questions, then go ahead.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


kendall
<Send E-Mail>
(wc03.mtnk.rnc.net.cable.rogers.co
m)

  In Response to:
jen

  Responses to this Comment:
Don Smith
Gothvince
Re: tsk tsk tsk   Friday, March 29, 2002 (6:07 p.m.) 

> hmm, i have a few questions...
how come the "ugly" people
> in this movie are FAT? why can't they be skinny and
> ugly? does uglyness have ANYTHING to do with fatness?? if you are
> fat do u automatically become ugly? is that it?? is that what kids get
> ingrained in their minds? that if you are overweight you are ugly
> too?
also, if someone is skinny does it mean that he/she is
> automatically good looking? is that the case?

> the movie's moral is basically "if you are pretty inside, you are
> pretty outside too" well why can't we be pretty outside anyway? who
> gets to decide if one's ugly or not? who writes the rules on how
> one should look?
is it THAT bad to be different?

> if you can answer these questions, then go ahead.

I COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AGREE WITH THIS POINT.

THANK U AND GOODNIGHT.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Don Smith
<Send E-Mail>
(spider-wi062.proxy.aol.com)

  In Response to:
kendall

  Responses to this Comment:
Don Smith
Re: tsk tsk tsk   Monday, April 1, 2002 (7:40 p.m.) 

how come the "ugly" people

> I COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AGREE WITH THIS POINT.

> THANK U AND GOODNIGHT.

Don't know if this will make U feel better--but I'm skinny and ugly :-D I think Ur readin 2 much into it--cause in classic fairytales--Orges were fat. It haz nothin 2 do about bein skinny and good lookin--or whatever.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Don Smith
<Send E-Mail>
(spider-wn042.proxy.aol.com)

  In Response to:
Don Smith

  Responses to this Comment:
it doesn't matter
Oh yea   Tuesday, April 2, 2002 (11:19 a.m.) 

Oh yea--my girl's not skinny either--and she's the most beautiful person that God has ever created. So--it don't matter what siz U R

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


it doesn't matter
<Send E-Mail>
(66-168-13-227.cli.wi.charter.com)

  In Response to:
Don Smith

  Responses to this Comment:
amy
yeah right   Thursday, June 27, 2002 (6:57 p.m.) 

the only reason why the first person started bitching about the fat and ugly thing is because she is in fact FAT and UGLY. so well you know, get over, and call jenny craig

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


amy
<Send E-Mail>
(kitchener-hse-ppp3572871.sympatic
o.ca)

  In Response to:
it doesn't matter

  Responses to this Comment:
cait
Re: yeah right   Saturday, June 29, 2002 (1:30 p.m.) 

> the only reason why the first person started bitching about the fat and
> ugly thing is because she is in fact FAT and UGLY.
> so well you know, get over, and call jenny craig

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU YOU PUT IT SO WELL
...(but im not against fat and/or ugly people

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


cait
(ny-amherst-c4-2-bg2a-1-61.bflony.
adelphia.net)

  In Response to:
amy

  Responses to this Comment:
Mark
Re: yeah right   Sunday, November 30, 2003 (12:20 p.m.) 

ok look everyone...i think that the person that decideds wether ur fat and ugly is you...well that fat part is a given but like the dude says hes got a big grl and he thinks she beautiful..she might not think shes beautiful...you ever say to your one friend "ooh hes cute" and then they might say "eww..no way" see its different opions

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Mark
<Send E-Mail>
(pcp05048251pcs.ivylnd01.pa.comcas
t.net)

  In Response to:
cait
Re: yeah right   Monday, November 29, 2004 (12:04 p.m.) 

> ok look everyone...i think that the person that decideds wether ur fat and
> ugly is you...well that fat part is a given but like the dude says hes got
> a big grl and he thinks she beautiful..she might not think shes
> beautiful...you ever say to your one friend "ooh hes cute" and
> then they might say "eww..no way" see its different opions.

I agree although I believe GOD has a great deal to do with it. Also another good answer would be shut up and start exercising. On another note where did the god bashing come from I mean come on. Take care of yourself and you won't have any problems. God does have everything to with the outcome it's up to you to make the choice and do it. So if the result is bad it's your fault don't blame other for your mistake.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Gothvince
(modemcable139.229-200-24.mtl.mc.v
ideotron.ca)

  In Response to:
kendall
Re: tsk tsk tsk   Friday, September 19, 2003 (11:10 p.m.) 

woooooow, i just found this old post I made here in 2002..., I can't believe I said all that.. wahaha.. Shrek is a cool movie, and its soundtrack is excelent.
Can't believe how odd I was... haha, and I cant believe how much i've changed.

anyhow, dont hate urself people! hate people who hate people!

I didnt even remember posting this! its like, I search for stuff on the net, and I find myself! it's like visiting an old place you used to go.

oh yeah,
SHREK SOUNDTRACK RULES! The Proclaimers kick posteriors! wahaha!



Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


The Kong
(c809754-h.colbuf2.ny.home.com)

  In Response to:
jen

  Responses to this Comment:
Elyse Minhinnick
Just Remember: Fat People Make Good Human Shields!   Monday, May 20, 2002 (3:34 p.m.) 

C'mon, you fools, this is a FILM MUSIC site... It's not a bitch zone for people offended by the general fatness and ugliness of humankind.

Get over it!


> hmm, i have a few questions... how come the "ugly" people
> in this movie are FAT? why can't they be skinny and
> ugly? does uglyness have ANYTHING to do with fatness?? if you are
> fat do u automatically become ugly? is that it?? is that what kids get
> ingrained in their minds? that if you are overweight you are ugly
> too?
also, if someone is skinny does it mean that he/she is
> automatically good looking? is that the case?

> the movie's moral is basically "if you are pretty inside, you are
> pretty outside too" well why can't we be pretty outside anyway? who
> gets to decide if one's ugly or not? who writes the rules on how
> one should look?
is it THAT bad to be different?

> if you can answer these questions, then go ahead.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Elyse Minhinnick
<Send E-Mail>
(scf8.wc.optusnet.com.au)

  In Response to:
The Kong
oh please!!!   Friday, July 12, 2002 (6:56 a.m.) 

> C'mon, you fools, this is a FILM MUSIC site... It's not a bitch zone for
> people offended by the general fatness and ugliness of humankind.

> Get over it!

ok im really skinny & i get just as much 4 bein so skinny as "fat pple" get. i think its really great that they finally made a movie that isn't filled with gorgeous - "just right" pple. why does everyone have to start complaining????


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Gothvince
<Send E-Mail>
(modemcable118.171-201-24.mtl.mc.v
ideotron.ca)

  In Response to:
jen

  Responses to this Comment:
amy
RREE: tsk tsk tsk   Monday, June 3, 2002 (7:00 a.m.) 

The answer is simple, we live in a society where the ugly are kept out, thrown away. Although they are not conscious of this, the average non-ugly person will do everything in his or her power to keep ugly people (and yes, to them overweight automatically counts as ugly, as does skin, hair or any other visible problems which dont ever seem to ^%$%#$^# go away) from mating.

that's right, they dont want them to reproduce. They strive to make sure all humans look perfect in the future, instead of attempting to solve the problem (which they SAY they're doing) they unknowingly try to get rid of the ones "infected" with the bad genes...

and I think they ARE trying to say to kids that "overweight is ugly" so that kids dont eat to much chocolate and get enough exercise(like they're really gonna do that).. but what about those kids it comes naturally to? they just have HUGE bones, that's all, is that their fault?

but I ALSO agree that the people in THIS perticular movie are just fat cuz they're ogres.. I guess its a little of both.. hidden subliminal messages, they are..

other then that, I give the movie a bit more then a dozen of my thumbs up (forgot how many I have exactly)
the soundtrack wasnt bad either...

oh, and I guess the one who decides who is pretty outside and who is born ugly is that huge moron guy who just happens to be EVERYWHERE, what's his name... oh yea! God.
(I really really hate that guy)

but the ones who decided that it was ugly were humans, you know those monkey like creatures that live on earth.. I dont really know much about them but I can tell you this, ALOT of em are real stupid, I mean, really, even some mentally ill ones are smarter then some, heck, mentally ill people ARE smarter then most of em..!! some of these animals are SOO stupid! In fact, some of em don't even think they're animals!
they think they're some kind of divine being created to be like this GOD dude! hahaha! (if they really would be like the god dude, wouldn't they ALL be EVERYWHERE ?)

well, that's my 2,567,831 cents...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

> hmm, i have a few questions...
how come the "ugly" people
> in this movie are FAT? why can't they be skinny and
> ugly? does uglyness have ANYTHING to do with fatness?? if you are
> fat do u automatically become ugly? is that it?? is that what kids get
> ingrained in their minds? that if you are overweight you are ugly
> too?
also, if someone is skinny does it mean that he/she is
> automatically good looking? is that the case?

> the movie's moral is basically "if you are pretty inside, you are
> pretty outside too" well why can't we be pretty outside anyway? who
> gets to decide if one's ugly or not? who writes the rules on how
> one should look?
is it THAT bad to be different?

> if you can answer these questions, then go ahead.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


amy
<Send E-Mail>
(kitchener-hse-ppp3572871.sympatic
o.ca)

  In Response to:
Gothvince
Re: RREE: tsk tsk tsk   Saturday, June 29, 2002 (1:28 p.m.) 

> The answer is simple, we live in a society where the ugly are kept out,
> thrown away. Although they are not conscious of this, the average non-ugly
> person will do everything in his or her power to keep ugly people
> (and yes, to them overweight automatically counts as ugly, as does
> skin, hair or any other visible problems which dont ever seem to ^%$%#$^#
> go away)
from mating.

> that's right, they dont want them to reproduce. They strive to make sure
> all humans look perfect in the future, instead of attempting to solve the
> problem (which they SAY they're doing) they unknowingly try to
> get rid of the ones "infected" with the bad genes...

> and I think they ARE trying to say to kids that "overweight is
> ugly" so that kids dont eat to much chocolate and get enough
> exercise(like they're really gonna do that).. but what about
> those kids it comes naturally to? they just have HUGE bones, that's all,
> is that their fault?

> but I ALSO agree that the people in THIS perticular movie are just fat cuz
> they're ogres.. I guess its a little of both.. hidden subliminal messages,
> they are..

> other then that, I give the movie a bit more then a dozen of my thumbs up
> (forgot how many I have exactly)
the soundtrack wasnt bad either...

> oh, and I guess the one who decides who is pretty outside and who is born
> ugly is that huge moron guy who just happens to be EVERYWHERE, what's his
> name... oh yea! God.
(I really really hate that guy)

> but the ones who decided that it was ugly were humans, you know those
> monkey like creatures that live on earth.. I dont really know much about
> them but I can tell you this, ALOT of em are real stupid, I mean, really,
> even some mentally ill ones are smarter then some, heck, mentally ill
> people ARE smarter then most of em..!! some of these animals are SOO
> stupid! In fact, some of em don't even think they're animals!
they
> think they're some kind of divine being created to be like this GOD dude!
> hahaha! (if they really would be like the god dude, wouldn't they ALL be
> EVERYWHERE ?)

> well, that's my 2,567,831 cents...

>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
how come the "ugly" people

ok i know you said that you liked the movie but you arent as smart as you think you are. first of all to throw your weight around saying that the movie sucked and was against fat and ugly people but then you openly start bashing God?!!??!?!i mean c'mon its time for you to do a little thing called GROWING UP!!!!!

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Bobettechaude
<Send E-Mail>
(quebec-ppp209486.qc.sympatico.ca)
Profile Picture
  In Response to:
jen
Re: tsk tsk tsk   Thursday, July 18, 2002 (2:49 p.m.) 

Oh boy, where the hell am I? Who gives a crap if you're fat? How about the damn score? s...c...o...r...e... Repeat after me: SCORE (it has to do with music!)

> hmm, i have a few questions...
how come the "ugly" people
> in this movie are FAT? why can't they be skinny and
> ugly? does uglyness have ANYTHING to do with fatness?? if you are
> fat do u automatically become ugly? is that it?? is that what kids get
> ingrained in their minds? that if you are overweight you are ugly
> too?
also, if someone is skinny does it mean that he/she is
> automatically good looking? is that the case?

> the movie's moral is basically "if you are pretty inside, you are
> pretty outside too" well why can't we be pretty outside anyway? who
> gets to decide if one's ugly or not? who writes the rules on how
> one should look?
is it THAT bad to be different?

> if you can answer these questions, then go ahead.


Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display


Marek
(ostroda-tpnet-1.osd.vectranet.pl)

  In Response to:
jen
Don't you understand the movie?   Saturday, July 3, 2004 (1:24 a.m.) 

Ask yourself a question: why Fiona and Shrek don't turn into "beautiful" humans at the end of the movie? And why, in Shrek 2, they decide to stay ogrs??? This film doesn't say: FAT IS UGLY. This movie says that look doesn't matter!!! It is not important! There are much more important things than that! We live in a world full of untolerant people. Creators of Shrek know it and want to change it somehow. Watch Shrek, Shrek 2 few more times and maybe you'll get the idea.

Post Full Response         Edit Post         Threaded display



Copyright © 1998-2019, Filmtracks Publications. All rights reserved.
The reviews and other textual content contained on the filmtracks.com site may not be published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks Publications. Scoreboard created 7/24/98 and last updated 4/25/15.